Virote's Unit Previews

(a) No.
(b) No. SBB only takes your renders and pastes them into a single image, it doesn't manipulate them in any way. If you've rendered it so that the unit is off-centre it will remain off-centre in your storyboard. The way to fix this is to make the flic as usual, and then when it's done open it in Civ3FlcEdit and change the offset. This doesn't cause the problematic Civ3FlcEdit "extra frame" bug so there's no need to worry.

Well, I've managed to get the death animation to raise itself, but now I have a further problem- the shadow doesn't seem to want to follow suit!

Does anyone know how to remedy this?

On a good not, rendering has finished, and after scanning the SBB, I have found that I can't actually find the place where I need to c'n'p, which has to be a good thing!

:bump:

Just looking to see if any further progress has been made on the Early Spearman or if I should go ahead and put down my little homemade "Save The Spearman!" campaign flag?

With the renewed interest in the ancient Greece scenario, I was just wondering if this fella was planned for inclusion with that or no?

He is planned for inclusion somewhere, eventually.

Right now, I still haven't been able to get around that death animation problem, though :(

The Spearman's leg goes through the ground in the death animation, and I can't seem to get around it. If I try raising him, it either is not high enough, or the shadow looks strange, being too low.

Oh, well, out of the frying pan, and into another frying pan... although this new frying pan is considerably hotter and...

I've managed to put a stop on the leg problem, making it pretty much unnoticeable at civ-scale. However, now the leg keeps poking through the kilt, and I can't get rid of it via the morphs!

Here's a render, showing the best possible job for patching it up:

What the hell am I supposed to do now? :wallbash:

By the looks of things in that cap, I'd say the flaw would not be extremely noticeable.

Maybe it would be ok for him to have a worn spot on his kilt? heh. . .

Create a tiny little sphere and texture it accordingly, and use it as a wee patch :)

He's still on the back burner, because of that cursed death animation!

I'm actually tempted to just render what I've got of the death, and release him incomplete, with the pose files so other people may try to give him a good death animation...

I..REALLY think the death animation will work sufficiently as-is. :confused:

Here, I was about to toss my ancient spearman support flag into the dustbin. . .

I think it will work just fine as is.

Currently, the leg looks like it's going through the ground, and the kilt either goes through his leg, or with a bit of morphing, goes through his arm/shield. I opted for the previous kilt problem, probably being the easiest to C'n'P...

Top Bottom