"Vive l'Empereur!": another D+3 Succession

Originally posted by Kev
That’s about it. Plenty of work to do! And thanks for letting me jump into this game.

Nice job, nice write-up. Of course, imho, a succession game without you is unthinkable.:goodjob:

Originally posted by jadelicia
Hey, y'all! I know you set this up a while back, but I'm wondering if I can join somewhere on the list....this pass along game sounds like fun, though I can't guarentee I'll be very good at it :)

Well, it's kind of unusual to have someone new jump in at this comparatively late stage; and this is Deity+3 game, which can be a challenge for the "uninitiated." ...

I do know that many of the players in this game are finishing their "Slowboat to Alpha Centauri" game, and are kicking around ideas for a new game. Anyone of those players care to make a suggestion?

btw, the idea of an OCC game until 1750 and then it's "gloves off" does sound like an intriguing challenge. Just to add some color, you could play as the Americans (since the date is about "right") versus a collection of the "older" Eurasian civilizations (i.e., Romans, Babs, Egypts, Vikings, Greeks, and Indians).

Originally posted by Andu Indorin
Nice job, nice write-up. Of course, imho, a succession game without you is unthinkable.:goodjob:

Well, thank you and thank you. Couldn't let a succession game go on without sticking my nose in it in some capacity. ;)

I did forget to mention that refining is out there and, if I recall correctly, the Chinese and Romans have it. Could be something to go for. Still a few wonders that would be worth getting in Hoover's and even CFC if we are able. Have to watch for the AI doing the 'start and nearly complete' wonder thing, so we'll have to be sure we have the ability in place to nab the techs to get us there. Espionage was a good study, and spies could help us greatly.

This should be a very interesting end game given the expansion and the relative tech parity we're seeing from several civs. I don't think we've eliminated any as of yet, have we? Perhaps Viking will get a chance to toss some atom-crashers around! :viking: :nuke: :saiyan:

Well, I've always preferred the Cure for Cancer over Women's Suffrage anyways ... And yes, the Chinese and Egyptians are more or less in a position to start researching Electronics. Fortunately we have enough cities connected by rail now to IRB the freight to turn build a wonder in one turn as long as we keep some money in the treasury.

Originally posted by Andu Indorin
Well, I've always preferred the Cure for Cancer over Women's Suffrage anyways ... And yes, the Chinese and Egyptians are more or less in a position to start researching Electronics. Fortunately we have enough cities connected by rail now to IRB the freight to turn build a wonder in one turn as long as we keep some money in the treasury.

And as long as we can get the tech right away as well. The AI won't trade it, usually, if they've started the corresponding wonder I think. I wonder if anyone besides the Egyptians would trade with us anyway...

Put a good force up against the English and we can take Suffrage from them. It's not far from the current front line.

Who's next to play anyway?

Cool. Have at it Viking. Just looking at the game YET AGAIN - a nice little spy in Tinentsin would be great to pick off some Chinese techs! I totally didn't realize that city down there on the Chinese mainland, hence it was ignored. It needs some stuff.

I have the game and will start playing tomorrow (Wednesday). Unfortunately no nukes this time :D but a from a quick look it seems the biggest priority will be to steal some techs and build some sewers to grow our cities, we are no. 6 in population.

I assume London hasn't been attacked by the nearby ironcalds.

Originally posted by TheViking
I have the game and will start playing tomorrow (Wednesday). Unfortunately no nukes this time :D but a from a quick look it seems the biggest priority will be to steal some techs and build some sewers to grow our cities, we are no. 6 in population.

I assume London hasn't been attacked by the nearby ironcalds.

I decided not to attack London but used the ironclads to protect the galleons as they delivered some freight. Given the circumstances, it would probably be better to just start delivering out of Poitiers in the south to Egypt and lands even further south.

I tried to get us set up to grow a bit more by using engineers to make some cities and free up some food as well. There is a bit more yet that needs to be done to set up some good WLTPD's, but it should work out once we can get there.

I'd also rush a bunch of freight. We could have a shot at CFC AND Hoover's if we are prepared for it. Both will help us out.

I have a feeling we'll all be dealing with nukes at some point!

I'm almost finished playing my 5 turns and feel as if I have accomplished almost nothing. We are very undeveloped, still no. 6 in population and we need far more irrigation, markets, temples, aqueducts, sewers, banks, harbors etc. before we can start growing significantly. Also we have far too few cities. The 'endgame' is going to be interesting in this one.

Some teasers:

* The senate may have prevented me from capturing an enemy capital.
* We are the only civ having a very important tech
* A wonder we might want may be difficult to get
* Freight deliveries were somewhat disappointing
* A few techs discovered and acquired, including a possibly stupid tech exchange

Reign of Viking "Give me some nukes" the peaceful

These turns were really uneventful but the next time I play things should be very different and I feel as if I might get the chance to play with fire then ;).

1630 AD (0): Rush buy miscellaneous stuff, mostly aqueducts and harbors. Engineer added to Reading to reach size 3 so it can start celebrating ASAP. Disband diplomat and rush buy spy in Cherbourg. Rush buy barracks in Dijon, I want to capture London.

1640 AD (1): Egyptians develop refrigeration and Zulus develop democracy. 2 crusaders enter London. A frigate leaves London and we sink it together with one unit. We get refrigeration from the Egyptians in exchange for espionage, possibly a stupid thing to do. We also get a $100 gift. City of Cunaxa founded. Meet with the Chinese, they demand electricity and we refuse. They do not want to exchange techs. An attempt to get them to declare war fails.

1650 AD (2): Our ironclads near London kill some cannons and crusaders and one of them becomes veteran. $100 from hut. Poitiers dye (demanded) to London: $288. Rsuh buy destroyer from scratch in Tientsin since there's a loaded Chinese transport nearby. Barbs from hut in Zululand.

1660 AD (3): The happiest civs: Mongols, Egyptians, French, Chinese, Zulus, English, Romans.The Chinsese develop genetoc engineering and start Cure for cancer. The Mongols report that they are now at war with the Chinese. We discover leadership. Several crusaders enter London. The other ironclad becomes veteran by killing a cannon. Silver (demanded) from Strasbourg to El-Amarna: $230. Silk (demanded) from Bayonne to Asyut: $288. Gold (demanded) from Rouen to Lisht: $294. Gold (demanded) from Toulouse to Lisht: $216. London turns out to be defended by four musketeers. :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: Senate signs a cease fire with the English, meaning I can't make an attempt to capture London. City of Cremona founded.

1670 AD (4): Egyptians develop steel. Chinese acquire communism from the English, the English get conscription in return (arrrghhh !!). English acquire refining from the Chinese. Zulus develop monarchy. Civil disorder in Brie, Bordeaux and Leeds (why ??).

1680 AD (5): English develop chivalry. Mongols report that they have captured the Zulu city of Cunaxa, they acquire invention. We discover electronics. Now that new techs do not delay electronics, attempt to exchange techs. The Egyptians want electronics, we offer leadership instead. They accept and we get steel in return but no $$. Exchange maps. Talk to Mongols, they demand we decalre war on the Chinese. We refuse. They then demand industrialization which we give to them. Maps are exchanged and we get $100 as a gift. Amiens dye (demanded) to York: $244. Talk to the Romans, they offer refining in exchange for electronics. We offer leadership instead and they accept. They then demand electronics and we refuse. Talk to the Chinese, they demand electronics and we refuse. They do not want to exchange techs.

We have electronics now and no AI civ is researching it. This means we have some time to complete Hoover but IMO we should finish it ASAP, it is such a valuable wonder, especially since soon we should have several factories.

The Chinese are the only civ having genetic engineering and they are building CfC. They do not want to exchange techs so possibly our only chance to get CfC is to steal GE from them. Assuming we want to keep a spotless reputation this means we need to get them to declare war. I've been trying to do this but without success. However, on the next Oedo opportunity (next turn IIRC) we could stage a one turn revolution, demand tribute and get the desired war. If we do this we must spend some resources strengthening Tsientsin's defenses. That means buying dragoons there now and city walls and riflemen on the next two turns 'from scratch'. I have already build a ship there since there were some loaded Chinese transports nearby that I wanted to be ready to sink. A better idea might be to wait 4 more turns and then revolt since we aren't ready to build CfC im,mediately anyway. During that time we could stockpile caravans. Another nice thing about revolting is getting the English to declare war too. Doing so would enable us to capture London by taking down the walls there (there are spies in our cities on the nearby island) and attacking using dragoons (or even cavalry if we discover tactics quickly enough) or cannons from a fortress we could build on the turn we land. London has the Colossus and provides a gateway to York which has the WS, a nice to have wonder.

I managed to discover and acquire 5 techs. One was via a possibly stupid tech exchange when I gave espionage to the Egyptians. However, we are undeveloped enough that by the time we start major military ooperations the AI probably would have discovered it anyway.

I previously mentioned London and York. Actually I think we should try to completely destroy the English ASAP, they only have 10 cities. Also we have IMO far too few decent size cities and adding the English cities to our empire would help.

On our main island we are rather undeveloped even though the situation has improved a bit. There are still several turns until we can start celebrating, we need several aqueducts, sewers, harbors, markets, banks, trade routes etc. and more irrigation and possibly supermarkets for cities supporting many engineers. Also there are some wonders we want to build ASAP.

I was somewhat surprised the caravan deliveries didn't yield more $$, they were demanded and I delivered them on a different landmass. We really need bigger cities.

I decided not to occupy the fortress near Coventry but instead built one on the mountain near Norwich. This means the Englisg will waste lots of firepower trying to kill something they can't kill once a war starts.

An overview of the main island of our glorious empire:

Solid round of turns ...

Originally posted by TheViking
Reign of Viking "Give me some nukes" the peaceful

:aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: Senate signs a cease fire with the English, meaning I can't make an attempt to capture London. ...

I was somewhat surprised the caravan deliveries didn't yield more $$, they were demanded and I delivered them on a different landmass. We really need bigger cities.

A variation on a tip: With the U.N. in hand, I'll often try to send an emissary at the end of every turn in which I've destroyed enemy units, just as a means of keeping the AI civ p.o.'ed. While this doesn't seem to guarantee Senate interference, it does seem to "increase" the chances of the Senate supporting continued "peacekeeping" operations against an AI civ when they do offer a truce. Still, a bit of a gamble.

As for the feight, did reallocate our citizes prior to delivery to maximize our sea squares?

Short look to my empire – 28 cities, but usually size 2-4, 630 gold. Only science goes well. We have some good army near London – its defence is poor – one riflemen, one musketeer, one cannon. Stupid Chinese are building Cure of cancer near our only city on this continent – defence – one musketeer. I will let them to do it and then…maybe we will be lucky. I see a lot huts in the far south but it is very long way. I decide to run Golem’s expedition to explore it – but there a no units to go.

Golem’s expedition to far south has started – one spy and one transport. Rush some freights, change taxes to 50-20-30.

1 – 1690 – boring year – a lot of work, no fun. I have tried to persuade cities to celebrate, rush some freights.

2- 1700 – Chinese developed Combustion, Cure of cancer is nearly ready. Freights (all my freights were heading to Egypt - I trade only with friends.) 505,735,216g. Ironclads attack London, Chivalry conquered it. 239 gold, contact English, peace. We are in the war with Chinese now, so they were allied with English.

3 – 1710 -Nanking finished Cure of cancer. Tactics – Oh god – that changed my rushed Dragoons to Chivalry in Tientsin – I will have not enough units to attack Nanking. English stole University, so I declared the war to them.

4 – 1720 – Freights 412, 222, 160, 214, 252, 148g. Capture Nanking – Cure of cancer, receive 187g, take Combustion. Peace with Chinese. Exchange techs with Romans – Genetic engineering. Rush 2* Aqueduct, 2* sewer system. A lot of celebration.

5 – 1730 – First result of Golem’s expedition – hut 100g.Freight 120g. I did not like Chinese cannon near Nanking, so I asked Chinese to withdraw it. They did.

So this is the end – it is pity , this is really nice game.

Some notes for my successor – I wanted to attack York, but I did not have units enough. I suppose you can do it now. I have rushed some cavalry for you.. Take care of Golem’s expedition – some colony on the south would be nice.

A great set of turns, Golem!

I was surprised the ironclads did so well against London - I held off because I don't usually like to send them against muskets even unless I know I have the numbers covered. Well done.

As a follow up, I see that our reputation has taken a hit and we are now down to honorable. Were we not trying to stay spotless with this game? No difference to me - just wondering if I missed any conversation...

I'm happy to see that the military force (dragoons and spies) I built up near London was useful. I had also made the ironclads veteran by attacking cannons and crusaders near London before the senate interfered.

I hadn't noticed that the Chinese were building CfC in a city next to Tsientsin - allowing them to finish it and then capturing the city was a great idea.

I notice that London is building non-veteran cavalry to attack York. More cities are probably building non-veteran units. IMO all units we build to attack enemy cities like York should be veteran so London should build barracks first.

Originally posted by Kev
As a follow up, I see that our reputation has taken a hit and we are now down to honorable. Were we not trying to stay spotless with this game? No difference to me - just wondering if I missed any conversation...

This is my mistake - I did not know that we want to be spotless in this game. This was attack to London.

Maybe we should write this rules to the first post of the thread. I play more games and do not remember all things.

Sorry.

Originally posted by golem
This is my mistake - I did not know that we want to be spotless in this game. This was attack to London.

Maybe we should write this rules to the first post of the thread. I play more games and do not remember all things.

Sorry.

That's my fault ... I've gotten so used to playing by the same set of "limits" (Spotless rep, no city bribes, etc.) that I completely spaced including them in the opening posts. ...

So, Tim is up next and then Jayne.

I'm working on the game. I hope to finish up my turns tomorrow (Wed) night.

In brief:
*Our reputation changed again.
*The other nations attitude toward us has soured
*I didn't build barracks in London. How did our cavalry fare?

The focus of my turns was on hunger. Each turn has three sections - all named for food - for the three "theatres" I was dealing with.

1730 (Turn 0)
- - Fork-split toasted English muffin: Two pronged attack to take out core of english nation, bisecting the country and taking out the capital.
- - Spy rushed in cherbourg
- - Rush transport in Cunaxa
- - Rush engineer in Dijon.
- - London continues building cavalry to hold the city
- - Spy rushed in Reading
- - Work sheild squares in Norwich to keep Food box from filling
- - Transports rushed in Faytte, Cremona, Chablis to make ship chain between mainland and england

- - Chinese Take-out: Build up defenses at Nanking to protect Cure For Cancer. Begin to prepare for inevitable offensive against China. Realize that logistically, A China offensive can not be prepared in my turns. Anticpate launch from England once it is under control
- - Change Nanking to calvalry since it has 10+ sheild production

- - Home Cookin': Development of trade and infrastructue, plus efforts to expand and develop transportation to the South.
- - Rush transport in Gaulish Village
- - Rush Bourgogne freight
- - Rush Strasbourg freight
- - Rush freight in amiens
- - Obsolete pikeman from Rouen disbanded in St. Emilion - sewer rushed
- - Freight rushed in Poitiers
- - set poiters to celebrate
- - Freight rushed in Bayonne
- - Freight rushed in Bordeaux
- - Rush harbor in Toulouse
- - Still have over 900g going into next turn.

1740 (Turn 1)
- - Chinese develop Automobile
- - Crusaders move towards london
- - Mongols develop Monotheism

- - Bordeaux Dye van
- - Strasbourg Coal van
- - Bayonne Silver
- - Spy in Reading, Cherbourg
- - Harbor in Toulouse
- - Poitiers silk
- - Amiens Wine
- - Engineer in Dijon
- - Automobile -> No MobWar, try something our friends have: Atomic Theory
- - Bourgogne Gold
- - St. Emilion Sewer
- - Pop > 12 million

- - Emissary to Egypt (4guns) Will we exchange Electronics(Auto) for Atom Theory? Exchange Auto for Atom. War with china? No. Demand electronics? No. gift? 250g. :)

- - Fork-split toasted English muffin
- - Destroyer kills 2 Crusaders
- - Ironclad kills 2-unit stack E of york (cannon defended)
- - Cavalry kills partisan (vet)
- - Crusader stack spotted between london and york killed by vet dragoon (3 units killed, knight defends)
- - RR to York Completed
- - York has 4 defenders and transport - Starting city walls
- - Hastings has 3 defenders, builing 4th
- - Position rifles to try to protect engineers
- - Cannon, frigate sabotaged 1 spy lost
- - Galleon disbanded toward another transport in cunaxa (Rushed)
- - Diplomat sent back from london to Cherbourg where it is disbanded towards another spy (rushed)
- - Reading-Norwich road completed
- - Five engineers are pulled from domestic duty to serve as "combat engineers" in England. They sail the newly formed shipchain to Reading and continue RRing toward Norwich and Coventry
- - spy rushed in Norwich

- - Home Cookin'
- - 3 freights begin the journey to China for the potential to get bigger fatter paydays
- - To aid expansion, 3 engineers join 2 trucks heading to Egypt to begin implementing the Great Southward Route outlined by Andu a while back
- - Two engineers land NW of Pi-Ramesses, one continues south with freights
- - Random Settled Copper to hieraconpolis (d-404)
- - Strasbourg coal to Hieraconpolis (d-375?)
- - Bordeaux Dye to Giza (d-172)
- - Disband Obsolete Crusader in St. Emilion toward superhighways. Rushbuy remainder. Wait til next turn to dump St. Emilion gems
- - Rush a transport in Besancon
- - 3rd engineer unloads in egypt and starts heading SE. Precharge along the way.
- - buy enough sheilds to complete freight in Rouen
- - rush harbor in avignon
- - rush freight in peugeot
- - rush freight in carcasonne
- - coventry has 3 defenders, about to build 4th
- - Tax rate 3/4/3 to have a little more cash as reserves are down around 700

- - Chinese Take-out
- - Rush AT in Tientsin.
- - Start walls in Nanking
- - Start moving AT from Tientsin to Nanking: move to fort Due south of Tientsin (have to use spy from nanking to avoid ZOC) - should also give us an extra square to work

1750 (Turn 2)
- - English get automobile, Tactics from Chinese :rant:
- - Zulu spice van makes route into Tientsen
- - Research -> Mobile Warfare
- - Brie Copper
- - Cherbourg spy
- - Norwich spy
- - Carcasonne Hides
- - Rouen Salt
- - Avignon Harbor
- - Peugeot Salt
- - St.Emilion Superhighways
- - Random Settled Wine
- - Pop > 13,000,000
- - We are now "Mighty"

- - York has 4 defenders, transport, plus healing frigate, cannon
- - RR nearly to Norwich.
- - 2 dragoons sail west from london to be upgraded to cavalry before barracks sold
- - rush cavalry in Brest, Dijon
- - Crusader also disbanded toward Cavalry in Norwich (rush)
- - Spy rushed in Leeds
- - Spy sent from cherbourg to london

- - Home Cookin'
- - Roquefort founded on northern tip of Egypt
- - St. Emilion gems to Hieraconpolis (ND-381g)
- - Peugeot Salt to Hieraconpolis (nd-240) Wine demand opened
- - Brie Copper to heliopolis (d-224)
- - That's practically enough beakers to complete Mob War, so we stop delivering for now.
- - Taxes 7/0/3 with a few einsteins to complete research
- - Rush harbor in Strasbourg
- - Egypt: Break peace with china? No. Demand Electronics? No. Gift? 250g!
- - Mongols: War china? Demand metallurgy? No. Gift? 50g.

- - Chinese Take-out
- - Rush walls in Nanking
- - Start engineer in Tientsin
- - AT and spy make it safely to Nanking

1752 (Turn 3)
- - Egypt develops combustion
- - 2 chinese units (cannon, cav) approaching Nanking
- - English develop combustion
- - English knight attacks rifle in fort SW of york. Vet status
- - Zulus develop explosives
- - Strasbourg Harbor
- - Leeds spy
- - Amiens Hides van
- - Nanking builds city walls
- - Gaulish village Engineers
- - Barracks obsolete - sold for 160g
- - Mobile Warfare -> Machine tools
- - Pop > 14,000,000

- - Home Cookin'
- - It's time to buy some tanks. Remember that boat that sailed off toward china in turn 1…
- - Bourgogne Gold to Tsingtao (d-522g)
- - Bayonne silver to Xinjian (d-220)
- - Poitiers silk to Canton (d-312g)
- - Amiens wine to Hieraconpolis (d-610) Wine demand remains
- - Random Settled wine to Hiearaconpolis (d-525) Wine Demand remains
- - Rouen Salt to Hieraconpolis (nd-170)
- - Road to Amiens completed to get hides vans out quicker
- - Marseilles founded on south coast…of Egypt as part of Great Southward Route
- - Rush St. Emilion freight
- - Rush freight in Cheese Valley
- - Rush Peugeot for freight
- - Rush Avignon sewer
- - rush lots of other trucks
- - Hut rifle
- - Egypt: China? No. Mob War? No. Gift? 250g
- - Mongols: China? No. mobwar? No. Gift? 50g

- - Crusader spotted outside Coventry. New Vet cavalry kills it
- - Rifle moves from mountain to Fort Coventry to protect units there. Musket occupies mountain fort W of Norwich
- - RR completed to Norwich and onward to Fort Coventry
- - Three remaining engineers precharged on Norwich side
- - Two engineers precharged on London side
- - York has switched to Submarine production
- - Coventry - still 4 defenders. About to complete cavalry next turn. Rifle in fort should minimize damage. Save spy for next turn
- - Nottingham has 7 rifles and building an AT this turn-Ugh!
- - Oxford has 5 rifles, building battleship
- - Armor rushed in Norwich, Reading, London, Cherbourg, Brest, Dijon, Cunaxa, Fayette, Poitiers, Besancon, Bayonne, Chablis. A few obsolete units disbanded as part of the purchases.

- - Chinese Take-out
- - Talk to china: break mongol alliance? No.Demand Mobile warfare? No. If not for UN they would teach us a lesson. Yada yada yada. Demand troop withdrawl…Done
- - Rush Barracks from scratch in Nanking
- - Rush engineer in Tientsen

1754 (Turn 4)
- - boat (submarine?) seen leaving Xinjian
- - Brie Coal
- - Bordeaux Coal
- - Carcasonne Hides
- - Rouen Beads
- - Avignon Sewer
- - Peugeot Gold van
- - Tientsen Engineers
- - Cheese Valley Oil
- - Bourgogne Oil
- - St. Emilion Dye
- - Nanking Barracks
- - Chinese units at Nanking
- - Random Settled Salt
- - Machine tools -> Miniaturization

- - 4 Armors and 3 freights sail from Fayette, pick up another tank in Chablis, and head to Reading
- - 4 armors sail from cunaxa to London
- - That gives us 12 armors (unfortunately non-vet), 4 vet cavalry, 8 spies and several riflemen on the stage to star in the English theatre.
- - RR completed next to coventry

- - Coventry still has 4 rifles - cavalry moved out, but did not attack :)
- - Spy sent to destroy Coventry walls. Successful, but captured.
- - 4 Rifles killed in Coventry
- - Ground units kill 2 rifles, partisan at York
- - 2 Vet Ironclads kills Rifle, Cannon, Transport, Frigate at York,
- - York Captured-Women's Suffrage, 149 Plundered,Granary, market,Aqueduct
- - 3 partisans
- - Can't use emissary's ploy to deal with English as 1 partisan is next to city, but Senate upholds peacekeeping effort
- - Complete RR to Nottingham from York and Coventry
- - St. Emilion dye to Nottingham (d-654g) Demand list restored, oil there, but Gold did not come back
- - Cheese Valley oil to Nottingham (d-644g)
- - Vet spy brings down walls in Nottingham, escapes to york
- - Seven armors, 1 vet cav kill 6 rifles, AT and a knight at Nottingham
- - Nottingham captured, Eiffel Tower, (KRC-expired-as well) 183g plundered, Granary, Market, Aqua, Factory, Sewer! Quite a bonanza!
- - 6! Partisans - peacekeeping supported again. (Phew!)
- - Coventry captured 109g
- - 3 partisans
- - English talk? say yes for fun. Cease fire? No. Peacekeeping supported.
- - Now that capital is gone (and not relocated), bribe 5 partisans at about 35% of the price they were before (but still a hefty 297 each)
- - Fort flashed next to nottingham to protect wounded units
- - 4 partisans killed
- - RR to dover completed
- - Investigate oxford -5 rifles and Dover - only 2 rifles…oh that's just too tempting a target
- - Knock down walls in Dover with 2nd spy
- - Armor, cavalry kill 2 rifles at Dover
- - Dover captured, 50g plundered barracks, library.
- - Peace keeping continues
- - 1 of 3 partisans killed
- - Bribe another Partisan 292
- - Barracks rushed from scratch in Nottingham
- - Nottingham adjusted to celebrate (w/elvi)
- - Hey look, our rep is up to Excellent with the Tower.

- - Home Cookin'
- - Carcasonne Hides to alexandria (d-352), Demand goes away as list changes
- - Amiens hides to Hieraconpolis(nd-244)
- - Carcasonne hides to Hieraconpolis (nd-292)
- - Bordeaux coal to Hieraconpolis (d-345)
- - Reassign the few riflemen we have on the main island to cities we care about (St. Emilion, Peugeot)
- - Rush sheilds toward harbor in St. Emilion
- - Hut 50g
- - rush harbors in Cremona, Roquefort, Marseilles
- - Sewer rushed in London
- - Notice Amiens no longer supplies Hides :(

- - Talk to Egypt - Break peace with china? No. Mobile Warfare? No. Gift? 225.
- - Mongols: Break peace with china? No.Mobile War? No. Gift? 50g

- - Chinese Take-out
- - Talk to china: End mongol alliance? No. Demand Mobile Warfare? No. Ask to withdraw troops…Done
- - For future reference, Beijing has 4 Rifles, AT and Partisan

1756 (Turn 5)
- - chinese develop mass production
- - Chinese govt. overthrown (uh-oh)
- - 4 english partisans attack, 3 die, one engineer killed because I misjudged the remaining strength of an armor and the engineer defended instead. :wallbash:
- - Mongols sign peace with romans

- - Marseilles Harbor
- - Roquefort harbor
- - Cremona Harbor
- - Strasbourg Dye
- - Amiens Coal van
- - St. Emilion Harbor
- - Nottingham Barracks
- - London Sewer
- - Gaulish Village Food van
- - Pop > 17,000,000

- - Aargh! We are now Supreme and not only did this cause us not to complete our tech, but the mongols are so friggin' backward our tech cost has gone up nearly 50%!!!
- - Also, being supreme seems to have seriously turned other nations attitudes against us. Even our Allies the Egyptians are now only neutral after being worshipful up to last turn. Don't think we can ask for gifts from them any more. We need to at least get the Roquefort-Marseilles railroad completed under the alliance.

- - Home Cookin'
- - Hut 100g Would have liked at least one nomad out of the huts to expand southern presence. One hut left in the area if we get there in time
- - 2 more engineers head to egypt to help build rail line to marseilles and eventually build further outposts
- - Brie Coal to Hieraconpolis (d-465)
- - Set tax to 6/1/3 and hire a few einsteins to hit tech this turn

- - Superhighways rushed in peugeot ahead of van delivery next turn.
- - rush Cherbourg freight (Wine - to hieraconpolis)
- - rush Cunaxa freight (silk -to hieraconpolis
- - Rush fayette harbor
- - rush bayonne harbor
- - Rush poitiers harbor
- - rush Bourgogne factory
- - rush norwich aquaduct
- - Rush reading freight (wine - to hieraconpolis)

- - Last remaining English partisan killed (vet armor)
- - Think about taking on Oxford, but we don't have enough healty firepower in the field to take it without major losses. Most of the armor will heal in the next two turns for the next offensive.
- - Wounded units brought in to recouperate, mostly in dover, Nottingham due to presence of barracks
- - Finally kill that annoying explorer wandering around near Leeds
- - Destroyer, and a badly wounded vet ironclad disbanded in york to build a new ass-kickin' battleship
- - Rifle, Cannon sabotaged. 1 spy lost
- - Engineering work done around york, london.
- - Investigate Hastings - looks like an easy target (3 rifles, no barracks, supports ironclad)
- - Oxford has 5 rifles, Barracks

- - Chinese Take-out
- - China: mongols? No. Mobile warfare? No. Ask to withdraw troops…done (surprise)
- - disband remaining dragoon toward a vet armor
- - rush spy in Tientsin

Top Bottom