VoxPopuli Modpacks (last update: 4.7.3)

Hi, Resync is broken in 4.2.7, use a modpack that use 3.10.14 instead!

Just a big shoutout to those who have provided the modpack, mp instructions, and worked on the code. Played a mp game with mt buddie. 100 turns in and its been as smooth as butter! Such a pleasant experience and tons of fun. So a big thanks to all!

If you are compiling modpack for MP games, I don't recommend to add a lot of mods. There are many mods which are incompatible with MP: they may cause desyncs, crashes and so on. The less your modpack is, the more stable it is.
Personally I think the most dope combo is: VP, 3/4 UC, supersetttler, More Wonders, Even More Resources. Such combo is stable, tested and has a lot of content besides original VP.
I've found all of the mods you mention, except for supersettler, do you have a URL for it?

Resync is a game system that synchronize players to the host when desynchronizations are detected. This is really important, you should use 3.10.14.

There are still problems, but should be playable, do not forget to configure an autosave every turn.

hi, @Agiwan

thank you for replying,

oh so resync is multiplayer crucial. than i guess ill use 3.10.14. thank you.

why autosave every turn? there are crashes?

i think its better to stick to the older version for now until a new version will be released. hopefully soon.

Yes some crashes are expected for now, but the game can be resumed using an autosave.

Hey, would someone be able to compile a modpack version that runs only the Community Patch and nothing more? I've been trying to do so myself with various versions, but always find that I'm either resyncing every turn or CTD turn 1.

Would majorly appreciate the effort

Hey, would someone be able to compile a modpack version that runs only the Community Patch and nothing more? I've been trying to do so myself with various versions, but always find that I'm either resyncing every turn or CTD turn 1.

Hi, with or without eui ?

I have created the modpack and it seems to work fine.
Be aware that:
1: Community Patch only isn't well tested, even in sologames,
2: Community Patch only is not tested at all in multiplayer,
3: After the installation of a modpack every player must delete their "Cache" folder. You can find it there: Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5.

I hope it will be fun for you and your friends, please tell us if everything works well or not :)

Link of the modpack "3.10.14_CP_only": https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vzQn8a9jaMzVxJgbxCJOO5lygAKkarMv/view?usp=sharing

Thanks, I'll let you know how it goes. Long ago we played with only the community patch as we noticed it lets AI interact with players by sending deals, and generally they were just smarter. That in itself made running the mod for multiplayer very worthwhile.

Top Bottom