• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

[RD] War in Gaza: News Thread

We can condemn Israel without backing the other side, is I think was the point of the post.
Why can't do both?

fail to see what waving our hands over Palestine and calling it a state really does for them
It sends a message to Israel that these countries won't be looking for Israel's approval when it comes to their dealings with the Palestinians

which is just reverse-racism when you think about it...
Even if what you're saying is true, that's uh not "reverse racism". I appreciate you're trying very hard to come up with a comeback to "white supremacist ideology", but nah.
We can condemn Israel without backing the other side, is I think was the point of the post.
Recognising the state of Palestine isn't "backing the other side" any less than recognising the state of Israel is backing one side. And most people recognise Israel as a state.

Otherwise we're just getting into arguments about nations being infinitely divisible to best suit their demographics trends, like a country for the Basques as mentioned, or Quebec, etc.

My god, so you pretend to be "neutral" on this while in fact embracing Greater Israel? Lmao

oh I've seen plenty from this board stating that Palestinians had no recourse but to try and kill as many Israelis as possible (or at least support political platforms which do) which is just reverse-racism when you think about it...
When you think about it, surely you'd hold those who make Palestinians have no other recourse responsible...

It sends a message to Israel that these countries won't be looking for Israel's approval when it comes to their dealings with the Palestinians
I imagine Norway's recognition could be a strategy to claim if Palestine is a nation, Israel is therefore invading a sovereign nation, and so its supporters at home or elsewhere are basically no different than Vlad Putin [or similar], with the same legal avenues re: sanctions, thus opening. In some ex post facto type logic. And not for any genuine moral regard. The same goes for the accusations of state-sponsored genocide. That's just my perception; I see you have yours.

Last edited:
I fail to see what waving our hands over Palestine and calling it a state really does for them, other than draw the lines on the domestic front for whatever politics is going on in Norway or wherever...

Otherwise we're just getting into arguments about nations being infinitely divisible to best suit their demographics trends, like a country for the Basques as mentioned, or Quebec, etc.
When you think about it, do any people deserve a state? Maybe we should just get rid of the international law thing and go back to backing every and all of our claims with force. And I’m totally not recommending this because it will obviously cause the downfall of the west, who seem to have forgotten that international law was the compromise option for a world grown sick and tired of European mischief.

Saw this on Reddit and was instantly reminded of this thread

this-is-the-ai-from-usa-v0-hfnuauz5901d1.jpeg

Israel does want to destroy Hamas, Israel also wants to annex more territory in the West Bank and maybe Gaza as well. The two aims are not incompatible. Israel also wants to maintain its image as the innocent victim of Islamist terrorism, this may present more of a challenge.

"When you think about it, do any people deserve a state? Maybe we should just get rid of the international law thing and go back to backing every and all of our claims with force. And I’m totally not recommending this because it will obviously cause the downfall of the west, who seem to have forgotten that international law was the compromise option for a world grown sick and tired of European mischief."
Which is exactly what's been happening for decades. The West is quite happy to quote international law when it supports their policy objectives and equally happy to ignore it when it doesn't. [The same is true of every other nation and power bloc.]

ICJ orders Israel to halt Rafah offensive in Gaza​

The court rules that Israel must immediately halt its military offensive and other actions in Rafah, citing the "immediate risk" to the Palestinian people.
https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-69055989

what about it is accurate? Just because you read another story doesn’t mean they aren’t both just fictional garbage designed to make you clap like a seal.

Having looked at the link regarding US statute I can't see any clear reference to defunding UN. Of course the US of A can spin anything into a justification for doing what they want.

Israel is of course totally ignoring the ICJ ruling.

Basically the 'Rule of Law' is dead if it ever existed.

As for the story posted by the New York Post this may be genuine. Is there any evidence the video is fake? Its worth remembering that rape is as old as warfare. I guess its not easy for army commanders to teach soldiers that murder is ok but rape, theft and arson aren't allowed. I think its a bit naive to assume that all the atrocities are solely committed by the IDF, its also naive to assume the opposite.

Top Bottom