Resource icon

Warfare Expanded (for MOAR) 7.3

The mod looks and plays great! I always felt the information age was a bit lacking, the new units definitely add to the late game. My only critique would be that some of the new units felt a little op compared to other information era units, but I just changed the combat stats to better fit my liking. But otherwise good job! I've also enjoyed the Civ 5 unit assets like the stealth bomber, I wouldn't mind seeing more of these like maybe the Civ 5 versions of the mechanized infantry and the gunship, or maybe the modern era landship to bridge between horses and tanks along with other ww1 units. And I agree with the above comments, a marine unit would be very welcome. If I could offer a few suggestions myself... The machine gun feels left out in terms of the upgrade line, a more modern looking upgraded unit would be welcome (like the modern sniper as an upgrade to the atomic sniper). It would be cool to integrate that so that it doesn't look odd with all the modern-looking info era infantry units around. Same goes for the recon unit (maybe a special forces upgrade?). It wouldn't have to be much of a combat upgrade, just mostly for cosmetic purposes. Again, great job.

Thanks. When more late game units are added to the other unit classes I am hoping the game will be more balanced. I probably should scale back the current units a bit as you say until the mod is finished.

As for the Machine gun it has been orphaned and I am up for suggestions on what to do with it as I think it is still an important unit historically speaking. I think it should be move back an era as it is more suited to the modern era than the atomic era. I also was thinking of maybe a special unit line that includes machine gun, marine, paratrooper, slinger (mainly because it has a range of 1) and maybe a skirmisher.

I have spotted two minor flaws during my first play through (nothing serious, but it's worth an attention):
1. Composite archers don't provide boost to technology 'machinery'. The base game terms demands from player to create the standart archers which one was replaced by new (I like the new archers by the way).
2. Colonella (Pike and Shoot) is weaker than Spanish unique unit: Tercio. Pike&Shoot strength is 50, Tercio is 51, but still needs to be upgraded to Pike&Shoot that weaker and no unique to Spain. I understand that you worked separately from Deliverator, and that is resonable outcome. In the future update I suggest to discuss that thing with Deliverator because his Tercio replaced the Pikeman. There are two ways: turn off Pike & Shoot for Spain OR make Tercio a unique replacement for Pike&Shoot (Personally I like the second way).

Thanks for the feedback it helps a lot.

I will try and figure out how to do the tech boost thing for the composite bowman. I think I will do the second way you suggested for the Tercio and maybe bump up its strength to 54.

@Wolfdog It seems that the WeTransfer site has deleted the file. I guess it is only good for temporary hosting. You might need to find a better hosting platform.

What? He can upload it to steam and here it isn't one or the other?
Nooo no steam.. it doesnt let you download it if you didnt pay to them.. this web is all about free intel plz dont take it from us :/

Great work wolfdog love these units

Nooo no steam.. it doesnt let you download it if you didnt pay to them.. this web is all about free intel plz dont take it from us :/
Don't worry I will have both Steam and non Steam download. I just wish I could upload it here it would make things much easier.
Is the Heavy Infantry meant to be at archery when he upgrades from a spear man?
No, thanks it should be in the Classical era. I will get that changed.

Wolfdog updated Land Units (for MOAR) with a new update entry:

Light Cavalry

Change Log:

* Added Russian TXT.
* Added Lancer and Armored Cavalry to the Light Cavalry class.
* Moved Heavy Infantry to Construction.
* Composite archers now provide boost to technology 'machinery'.
* Archers now provide boost to technology 'Construction'.
* Tercio now a unique replacement for Pike & Shot. Also moved it to Mass Production and bumped up its strength to 54.
* Moved Machine Gun to Modern Era and set to upgrade to Self-propelled Gun (not finished, more changes to come).

Read the rest of this update entry...

Updated text. In the future I hope there would be more units to translate ...

Attachments

• Russian text.rar
    9.2 KB · Views: 148
No it was me. Hizkiyahu is my Steam ID. :lol:
I thought it did not upload until to my surprise I stumbled across it in the steam workshop.
I guess the steam workshop uploader is as buggy as the rest of the tools in the SDK.

Yeah, you don't always get the "Finished" confirmation at the end when the mod has successfully uploaded.

Now all tech boosts for archers worked well as it should be, but in the most recent of my playthrougs something strange have happened. When I discover new tech or civic the announcement window just don't open and the voice is silent. That happens after discovery of some first tech and civics. The progress is going but the just don't show the tech and civic popups with announser voice. That's a very strange mistake that a didn't recieve before in the older Land Units version. Something has conflicted. Firstly, I have suspected the other mods that I had installed, but they seems not to be involved... Maybe someone else had that strange outcome? I'll checked everything...and don't know what causing this. Funny thing is that in the beginning of the game all tech\civic popups are showing properly and then after several times just stop showing. The technology or civic is counting as studied, so thats don't ruin the science process.

Last edited:
Now all tech boosts for archers worked well as it should be, but in the most recent of my playthrougs something strange have happened. When I discover new tech or civic the announcement window just don't open and the voice is silent. That happens after discovery of some first tech and civics. The progress is going but the just don't show the tech and civic popups with announser voice. That's a very strange mistake that a didn't recieve before in the older Land Units version. Something has conflicted. Firstly, I have suspected the other mods that I had installed, but they seems not to be involved... Maybe someone else had that strange outcome? I'll checked everything...and don't know what causing this. Funny thing is that in the beginning of the game all tech\civic popups are showing properly and then after several times just stop showing. The technology or civic is counting as studied, so thats don't ruin the science process.

Pretty sure that this is one of the many bugs introduced by the bad quality Summer Patch. See "Sean Bean has gone AWOL":
https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...t-out-the-bugs-this-patch-has-created.620599/

Pretty sure that this is one of the many bugs introduced by the bad quality Summer Patch. See "Sean Bean has gone AWOL":
https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...t-out-the-bugs-this-patch-has-created.620599/
Well, now after a read this all became clear. Thanks. I don't understant the developers, they act themselves unprofessional... Why ruin the parts of the game which worked vell before? The whole Civ world community now suffers this bugs... In the times of Civilization IV we never had that sloppy patches. And Civilization V always got solid patches... Now, the times has changed... But I'm still love the game, and it's really painful to see how they maintain the CIvilization VI, which visual style are very atractive to me.

Wolfdog updated Land Units (for MOAR) with a new update entry:

Heavy Cavalry

Added Armoured Car to the Light Cavalry line.
Added Cataphract, Reiter & Landship to the Heavy Cavalry line.
Moved Armored Cavalry to Atomic Era to make room for the Armored Car.
Moved AH-64 Apache to the same tech/era as Air Cavalry (helicopter) to make room for Armored Cavalry.
Moved Tank, Panzer & T-34 to Combined Arms to make room for the Landship.
Changed the Machine Gun to upgrade to a Sniper.
Winged Hussar changed to replace Cuirasser.
Added Cultural Variation for some units that need...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I'm having trouble getting this update to work. It just loads back to the main menu when I try to start a game. I tried disabling all other mods except for moar and it still sent me back. Is any one else having issues or just me?

Top Bottom