Warhammer Fantasy Mod 2.5

I just want to say big thank you for those who contributed to the creation of this mod.
I played the civ series throughout my teenager years and my early twenties and then as I started work I did not play for a couple of years.

I have not been aware of different mods until 2 month ago when I picked up C3C again and played Sengoku and thought that I look online to find something similar: a distinct flavour, slightly modified gameplay but consistency and high quality throughout.

So I felt like I kid wandering into a candy shop when I found these forums. :cool:

There's so much good stuff around here but this WH Fantasy mod is an absolut masterpiece among them! I am fascinated about the effort and time that must have been put into creating this.

I am now having such fun I haven't had for long years!

Big thanks and respect!

Hi mrtn and all the other modders,

I hope you are well and may I first congratulate you all on the excellent Warhammer Fantasy Mod 2.5. The Sprites are amazing and I was wondering if you could kindly grant me your permission, to reuse them in some Warhammer Dark Omen Mods please. We will all be eternally greatfully and will always state that they are your own hard work, such as these fine examples.

I run the Dark Omen forum at

http://www.dark-omen.org/

where we have made many new mods but could really benefit with some new armies to play with, to go along with our new maps for each race.

Kind Regards

Olly

:)

ps. I already contacted mrtn, who advised I post here, since the sprites were made by lots of you, he kindly replied ->

"Thank you.
I can't either grant or deny the use of them, since they're made or converted by dozens of people. Most of them should be available from CFC though.

/mrtn"

I cant open the link

www.dark-omen.org

jtablesession::Store Failed
DB function failed with error number 145
Table './ollyorc_site/en_do_session' is marked as crashed and should be repaired SQL=INSERT INTO `en_do_session` ( `session_id`,`time`,`username`,`gid`,`guest`,`client_id` ) VALUES ( 'hs4dph02m0cr5gjmqbcd78p8b6','1353911498','','0','1','0' )

Link works now, you just picked an unfortunate time to try the site, as I was moving servers from Sweden to UK

All welcome anytime

@OllyOrc
Most Warhammer-specific units like those in the screenshot are by aaglo and Kinboat. I don't think they frequent these boards anymore but you might try contacting them. There's a few other creators whose names you'll find in the credits, e.g. there's a couple units by me, like the raptor rider & saurus up there, but that's derived from Kinboat's work as well... anyway, for my part I don't mind if you use my units. Like mrtn I cannot grant or deny permissions for others, but in general we have creative sharing policy on these forums - unless stated otherwise, everything is assumed to be re-usable as long as proper credit is given to original creators. In any case, I can help with identifying creators of particular units.

Many thanks for the extra info and kind permission for us to use your own ones (very cool sprites), we will also seek out the other creators.

Perhaps if there are more sprites artists around then we could team up and produce even more, especially since we have also been graciously granted the permission of the Call of Warhammer (Medieval 2 Total War Mod) team, to use their 3d models to produce sprites (hopefully you could also gain permission), although your Mod already has more than enough sprites!

http://forum.dark-omen.org/2d-sprit...omen-2d-sprites-t805.0.html;msg11491#msg11491

wow... this thing is 5 years old? It really doesn't seem that long ago I was cursing the civ3 engine for the hard cap on number of cities. Good times.

Concerning Mobilization:

According to the Pedia, only Chaos and Green Skins have access to it, after discovering respectively Chaos Incursion and Taktiks.
But I discovered that Skavens also have access to it when they discover Lord of Decay.

Was it forgoted in the Pedia, or is it a "mistake"?

It's forgotten in the pedia. The Skaven were added in a later version of the mod, so that part probably never got updated.

Hi,
has anyone done a map with pre-place cities at all?

Hey Vincent, I have tried the worldmap with a few nations and while it certainly brings out the different "skills" of different nations eventually I found it quite restrictive/challenging. Bear in mind, I am probably not a hardcore player and they were just quick tests for myself on the whole mod.

Just recently I have started random maps (currently with Orcs) and I am enjoying this type a lot.

Hey Gzula,

Interesting about the map - I suppose that ic you used the Warhammer Map the Vampires inside Reiklamd would have a hard time of it.... This is a great mod, I'm a huge fan of the Vampires, love all the Reikland Units, and the High Elves are the best Nation to start with.

I have played this on a huge map a few times and the only drawback is the length of time it takes ordinary units to move along roads.... If there was anything for a wish list I could add to the update it would be increasing road movement points or perhaps creating High Roads (railways)...

Top notch mod as it is though

Hi Guys,

I have just completed the quest victory (building all the artifacts) with dwarfs, though when I click on "dominate" on the quest status screen upon completion an error message pops up and the game quits. Any idea what may be causing this and how to fix it?

Had a great game nevertheless! :king:

Load Error
FILE NOT FOUND
"Conquests\Middle Ages\Art\Wonder Splash\Magna Carta.pcx"
The game will now exit.
got this while playing. how can i fix it?

I try to play the mod through the Steam Civ III Complete game, but when I try to enter it the following error message appears:

ERROR READING FILE
Missing entry in "text\Pedialcons.txt": ICON_BLDG_Herdstone

Any help would be appreciated. Hopefully this is of use for bug fixing.

Load Error
FILE NOT FOUND
"Conquests\Middle Ages\Art\Wonder Splash\Magna Carta.pcx"
The game will now exit.
got this while playing. how can i fix it?

Here you are the missing file.

Put this file in your "Civ3_install_folder\Conquests\Conquests\Middle Ages\Art\Wonder Splash" folder to fix the game:

Top Bottom