1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Warhammer Fantasy Mod 2.5

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Modpacks' started by mrtn, Dec 19, 2006.

1. Hilton1

Hilton1 Chieftain

Sorry I'm a noob but where is Japanese Settler's folder??

2. Moosezilla

Moosezilla Grognard Warlord

C/:win(whatever version)/Conquests/scenarios/Warhammer2.5/art/units is where it should be depending on where you have Conquests installed. Failing that run a search.

3. Hilton1

Hilton1 Chieftain

4. griever

griever Chieftain

Hello!

Before I ask questions about my problems with the installation, does this mod work with windows 7? If not all the rest can be ignored.

I have downloaded the mod and the patch. I am running into the following error when I try to run the mod from the civ 3 menu under 'civ content'. It loads to 30% and then displays the following and exits:

'Missing entry in "text/Pedialcons.txt": ICON_BLDG_Herdstone'

I have the WH2 folder in the location /conquests/scenarios/
    The WH2.5.biq is also in the same folder.

The WH2 folder contains the following:

Art
    Text

Text only has the civlopedia in it? Am I missing the text file Pedialcons.txt? or a group of text files?

Cheers

5. Oxus

Oxus Explorer

Civilization III working on Windows 7.

My hard disk with the games just died so I can't see how was the order in the folder. I can advice you only to delete the mod and following the instructions here , try download it again. You missing something or your download in some reasons is a bad.

6. tom2050

tom2050 Chieftain

@griever: Needs the PediaIcons.txt file that comes with the WH2.5 download. Don't know why it's missing for you, but I know that it does have it's own.. That is why you are getting the error. Try re-downloading the big file.

7. embryodead

embryodead Caliph

What tom2050 said... it looks like you've only downloaded/installed the patch, without installing the main mod first (assuming you did downloaded both, you might have installed the main mod in another place/folder; either way you are missing the main mod files)

8. ShadowOfDeath

ShadowOfDeath Chieftain

Hello!

I just want to say that this whole Warhammer Mod is a great stuff - I spent a lot of time and have a lot of fun with both playing and adjusting it for my own pleasure, so I wish to thanks authors for job they performed. One of the most interesting mod's for civ ever. I even prefer this mod over Warhammer: Mark of Chaos/Battle March (since many races weren't included in the game and game itslef doen't seem to have any further continuations) and over M:TW2 mod Call Of Warhammer (there is my always-favourite kislev nation - but - you can't play the whole world of Therra, only Old World SoC times) - so even these games have better GFX - I think that CivIIIWH mod posses a much, much more "playability" and "epicness".

I wish also to aks is there any kind of further development on this mod? Any chances for edition 3.0 on a horizon? Or maybe just some 2.75??? Maybe some new races??? Like Kingdoms Of Ogres? (for my own use I add this race to the my games, but since there is not many units in dawnload database that can "play" WH Ogres, the whole Ogre Kingdom Civ looked rather scrappy than mighty ;) )

9. embryodead

embryodead Caliph

Hey ShadowOfDeath!
    Dzięki ;) or thanks on behalf of the team, I'm glad you like it. It's been six years since Warhammer 2.5 has been released, however, and none of us actively mod Civ3 anymore. It's safe to say that it's the final version.

10. Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey Archon Without Portfolio

If you haven't tried them yet there are several maps in the download database that were made specifically for WH. Not a new version, but at least a way to add some variety to your play.

11. ShadowOfDeath

ShadowOfDeath Chieftain

Yup, I've downloaded them all already long time ago :D I'm a great fan of both Civ and WFRP/WFB so I also play with every single one of those maps. ;)

Well, It's a petty that there will be no further updates as it is one of the best mod created ever - at least in my private opinion.

12. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Chieftain

At this point this mod's pretty much the only thing I play on Civ 3 any more. Just wanted to let the team know that.

13. guygodbois

guygodbois critically acclaimed

To Mr mrtn
    As an appreciator of everything that has to do with Warhammer RPG, I've downloaded this fine piece of modding art long time ago and had a terrific time with it ever since.
    I distinctly remember being utterly taken by surprise when I saw the amount of playable races in this mod and their multi-flavored units. Dwarves were my favorites at the time: slow and steady wins the race.
    So a very late thank you, this had made my day quite a few times.
    Best wishes

14. JJP

JJP Great Player

Thanks to modders. I'm playing again and enjoying very much. Great mod. :goodjob:

15. norms29

norms29 Chieftain

I built thirst for power, but it's not letting me build the artifacts

16. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Chieftain

Each artifact has its own technological prerequisite, so you have to research the tech before being able to build the corresponding artifact. You can see that in the tech tree.

17. norms29

norms29 Chieftain

I'm at at the end of the game, and have researched literally all of the techs, still no artifacts. I'm playing chaos dwarves if it matters

18. Yoda Power

Yoda Power ✫✫✫✫✫✫✫

Then you did not enable that victory condition.

19. dan83m

dan83m Chieftain

hi guys how i can play this mod? i think i isntalled this mod but i dotn see any change on my civilization 3 complete...

20. Quinzy

Quinzy Chieftain

Go to the Civ Content screen and select the Warhammer 2.5 file to play this game, provided you followed the installation fully and properly. :)