Warhammer FB Mod

What race do you play in Warhammer FB? (you can select more than one)

• I don't play

Votes: 117 22.8%
  • I play Warhammer 40k

Votes: 115 22.4%
  • I play Lord of The Rings

Votes: 30 5.8%
  • The Empire

Votes: 87 16.9%
  • Brettonia

Votes: 53 10.3%
  • Orcs and Goblins

Votes: 64 12.5%
  • Dogs of War

Votes: 19 3.7%
  • High Elves

Votes: 71 13.8%
  • Dark Elves

Votes: 54 10.5%
  • Wood Elves

Votes: 46 8.9%
  • Dwarves

Votes: 74 14.4%
  • Chaos Dwarves

Votes: 22 4.3%
  • Lizardmen

Votes: 49 9.5%
  • Beasts of Chaos

Votes: 22 4.3%
  • Hordes of Chaos

Votes: 45 8.8%
  • Skaven

Votes: 62 12.1%
  • Ogre Kingdoms

Votes: 19 3.7%
  • Tomb Kings

Votes: 44 8.6%
  • Vampire Counts

Votes: 58 11.3%

• Total voters
J_Period said:
Ploe did you ever finish the steam tank? I've gotten around to adding units to the beta, and that'd be nice...np if you're not done.

Well, i will do the finishing, but had no time for it until now, the skin will need a quick overwork and then we got our steamtank, well should add a smoke effect at the back to resamble that it is a "steam" tank!
I will overwork steamtank and flaggelants from ploe and send them to you after ive done them :p so you can simple add the steamtank entries and put in the files after you get em ;)

@DUKE: nice runes there, looks great! How far are you with the interface graphics?! i think this will be the most effective in changing atmosphere from vanilla to warhammer!

seZereth said:
@DUKE: How far are you with the interface graphics?! i think this will be the most effective in changing atmosphere from vanilla to warhammer!

Not anything near completion or even getting something good started, I took
a week off for University (needed to do some learning) - now that sounds rather strange "took a week off for University":confused: - should be the other way round :)

I think i´ll have to dig into the python files from TGA for that and that´s something I´m a complete noob at! (the problem is I get a can´t load CvEventinterface.py when i try to load something with the interface files)

I think i must get a hold on the Alpha phase files of the WH40K Mod to get any further.

EDIT: I had a look at the units thread (haven´t been there for 2 or 3 weeks) and saw all those amazing units made for the Mod :eek:
I want that new release now! :cry: It has really improved a lot since the last - and in such a short time!
Keep up the great work you folks are all doing :goodjob:

Mmmm flagellants and witch-hunters. Always my favourite units of the empire, they're so completely representative of the empire zeitgeist. i.e. insanity. :lol:

Once this mod is done, im starting a game with three or four empires. Get a civil war of sorts going. See if the imperial fanatics come out on top of the electors and karl franz. :lol: Imagine, armies of flagellants.

There's an idea for a scenario...

And how is Nehekhara coming along? Looking forward to that.

Los Tirano said:
Mmmm flagellants and witch-hunters. Always my favourite units of the empire, they're so completely representative of the empire zeitgeist. i.e. insanity. :lol:

Once this mod is done, im starting a game with three or four empires. Get a civil war of sorts going. See if the imperial fanatics come out on top of the electors and karl franz. :lol: Imagine, armies of flagellants.

There's an idea for a scenario...

And how is Nehekhara coming along? Looking forward to that.

There can be so many great scenarios! would be nice if u would take the quest on doing some. :king:

For that purpose i would do some quick changes to the skins, so your civil war can be fought between several nice looking empire fractions ;) The flaggelants will get their finish soon. For real undead we need a real skeleton body, otherwise it wouldnt fulfill the quality standards ;) ;)

But as time comes, we will have them too ;) until then u will have to play wth whatever is possible to create right now.

AAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH
Only been away for a few days and I seem to have missed everything. I will try to catch up on all that i've missed. About the python bugs, go to:

C:/program files/firaxis games/Civ/_Civ4Logs/pythonErr.log

for more info, and post it here.

Some more Techbuttons coming here.

I have to admit most are not as good as i wanted them to be. But well, they are for a beta release - there´ll be plenty of time to make better ones :mischief:

Preview WHFB Techs.jpg

View attachment 123643

I don't know about anyone else, but since I installed patch 1.61, Warhammer doesn't run.

@J: sorry, havent been on line for a while (iv been reading a good book;) )
but to answer your question, yes i would be glad to do some TXT_XMLing for you. what kind were you thinking?
Send us a PM or post it here.

PS: Is it monday in america yet?? i NEED that next release... *insert fanatical face here* ;)

Heya J Period. ive dug up some stuff on some warhammer races as it says you lack info on them in one of the 1st posts. ive also found some stuff on religeion.

for beastmen:
http://oz.games-workshop.com/games/warhammer/beastsofchaos/default.htm
&
http://www.criticalhit.co.uk/content/view/84/49/

For Hobgoblins (and other eastern civs):
http://www.freewebs.com/whfb_easternrealms/easternrealmhobgoblins.htm

For religeon:
http://www.criticalhit.co.uk/content/blogcategory/69/50/

hope that helps;)
if you need any other info give us a yell.

PS: Is it monday in america yet?? i NEED that next release... *insert fanatical face here*

In australia, you are the first to experience monday... ;) and I'm just about the last, being in the western US. That being said,I still have a bit more to do, (Tilea mostly) 'bout 6-8 more hours (cuz of classes) and you shall have thine release!

Ooh, cool resources...Siam especally...hmmm it might be good (later, after more main races are done) to full out the south east part of the map.

For TXT_XMLing, I was just thinking basics, units and techs and etc, names, just in english (when we get translation started, the translators con do it in their own language). I'll explain further when I get this done and get you guys the mod. (Since I've redone it, none of the TXT_XML's are done...sry :( no time...)

Hi J,

I'd love to try the latest beta out if you don't mind sending the link to the download. Anxious to play with some of the great new units :)

strategyonly said:
Just downloaded and where all the arrows(words) are SUPPOSED to be ie: PLAY NOW, CUSTOM SCENERIOS, BACK etc all blank> are there but cannot see them???

read instructions on the first page how to fix for 1.61

I'm uploading the fix to 3d downloads right now, I'll post when it's ready

Downloading now. I'll put some serious play time in tonight and tomorrow for sure.

Edit - Well, I got my first ever crash to desk top with Civ 4. The game was generating as it did it.

Anyways, I'll try again. I'll also volunteer to fix up some of the txt keys if you'd like.

Edit - My second crash ever.

ThemeParseLog:
[Apr 17, 2006 - 21:56:18] Messages while processing 'Resource/Themes/Civ4.thm'

Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:401, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size3_Italic' not found
Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:402, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size3_BoldItalic' not found
Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:408, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size1_Bold' not found
Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Window.thm', Ln:3048, Col:9) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size1_Bold' not found

I think I'll do some txt_key work right now if you don't mind. ;)

Top Bottom