Warhammer FB Mod

What race do you play in Warhammer FB? (you can select more than one)

• I don't play

Votes: 117 22.8%
  • I play Warhammer 40k

Votes: 115 22.4%
  • I play Lord of The Rings

Votes: 30 5.8%
  • The Empire

Votes: 87 16.9%
  • Brettonia

Votes: 53 10.3%
  • Orcs and Goblins

Votes: 64 12.5%
  • Dogs of War

Votes: 19 3.7%
  • High Elves

Votes: 71 13.8%
  • Dark Elves

Votes: 54 10.5%
  • Wood Elves

Votes: 46 8.9%
  • Dwarves

Votes: 74 14.4%
  • Chaos Dwarves

Votes: 22 4.3%
  • Lizardmen

Votes: 49 9.5%
  • Beasts of Chaos

Votes: 22 4.3%
  • Hordes of Chaos

Votes: 45 8.8%
  • Skaven

Votes: 62 12.1%
  • Ogre Kingdoms

Votes: 19 3.7%
  • Tomb Kings

Votes: 44 8.6%
  • Vampire Counts

Votes: 58 11.3%

• Total voters
Sorry, have to double post because of the limit on attachments.

I also wanted to throw in some of my new buttons for the magics techs

preview:

Preview Magics 02.jpg

and file:

View attachment 126928

that should be enough for today (only did those buttons because I forgot to copy the 3dsmax tutorials I downloaded, so i didn´t have them at home last evening :crazyeye: )

nice buttons Duke

@J: hey there, how are you?? well, a little progress report on the new beta would be nice, i thought about taking some xml work on my shoulder, the unit graphics.
So your part would be adding all the unit entries in unitinfo.xml. then i will add all the art defines and the formations (plan on extanding them), by this i can make sure everything is graphically correct and diverse (different animations for soldiers in one unit and so on), i can make placeholder entries for the units we dont have graphics for, so we can update them without having to change any of the xmls. and i can try to keep the files necessary by the minimum.

By that people wouldnt have to wait for the next beta to play with the graphics Ploe and me release.

Hope you like that idea.

Wow! I just skimmed the page and a half that I missed while I was gone.

I'm you are interested, my ram burned out (again :( ) and I had to wait a week and a half until I had the money to buy a new stick. A week and a half without a computer, it was hell.

Anyway, now that I'm back, and with the assistance of Lime42's awesome new unit editor, the progress is going well. I've got high elves all done, wood elves and dark elves soon to be done, then I'll start norse and other misc new units.

New volunteers (and old), never fear, I am coming up with a list of things to do as we speak (well, not really, because I'm typing this post right now)

I will get a new beta up this week, and then I can start doling out assignment to new guys.

I go now to reread the posts more carefully...

J_Period said:
my ram burned out (again :( )

Unlucky you! I never ever accomplished to get anything in my PC burned - Lucky me! All the bad luck in the family concerning computers seems to be with my father - last time he phoned me he got his main board AND his power supply burned :eek: (although it was one after the other, not at the same time)

Maybe you should buy two smaller sticks instead of one big one ;)

And as you can guess, I did some new buttons. A new one for the dryads and i accomplished to do a woodelf spearman. I also took the freedom to redo the new promotions that came with the first release of the Mod (don´t know if they are still needed).

preview:

Preview WE plus Promotions.jpg

zip:

View attachment 127036

J... FFS!!!!! did your ram brun down again?!
i want a new version of the mod :)

i saw FfH2, and well they have some amazing spells and effects and stuff, but then i saw warhammer redux, and saw all our amazing units :p and now that i have found out how to improve graphics 100 times, i want a new one with all the new races.

Send me the files as soon as alll the technical stuff is done, then i will pimp it up graphically, by polishing skins, adding formations and giving each regiment some different animations and skins.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help highlight this mod. I consider this a sister mod to FfH because your art work has contributed so much to the project.

If you would like me to put a "If you enjoyed Fall from heaven be sure to check out the Warhammer Fantasy Battles mod at [link]" in our thread, readme, etc, just let me know.

@ seZ: Do you want to use the units with or without the mipmap? As far as I can tell from the screenshot the ones with the mipmaps are blurred? maybe you can post another screenshot in the flying camera Mode or zoom in a little bit more, so one can better see the difference between the two versions. plz!
I`m very interested in this, because maybe it will help me improve my buildings in the future

Kael said:
Let me know if there is anything I can do to help highlight this mod. I consider this a sister mod to FfH because your art work has contributed so much to the project.

If you would like me to put a "If you enjoyed Fall from heaven be sure to check out the Warhammer Fantasy Battles mod at [link]" in our thread, readme, etc, just let me know.

That would be a kind thing to do. I to think that both of our mods can profit a lot from each other and do it already.:) But I would prefer to have a new version of our mod out first. No need to draw much attention on the current version now. It doesn't reflect the progress me made at all right now.

Speaking of that:

@JP
What's up???

@seZ
This mipmappingthing is equally hard get for me like for Duke. Please clarify it more what's the purpose if it gets blurred.:confused:

Ploeperpengel said:
That would be a kind thing to do. I to think that both of our mods can profit a lot from each other and do it already.:) But I would prefer to have a new version of our mod out first. No need to draw much attention on the current version now. It doesn't reflect the progress me made at all right now.

That sounds good, let me know when you would like me to add links.

Still waiting for a list of what needs doing in python...

@ Olleus: yea, i think J should at least asign some tasks!

@Keal: that would be great, hope you can use some more of our units in the future ;) but like ploe said, not until we get a version done which has all that stuff i am almost raging to integrate ;) (which will be the next one, after i got it into my fingers!!!!)

@Mipmappithingiding:
well, ill release the wardancer and some older units tomorrow to show the direct effect of it. if someone could tell me his experience then, i would know how to go on. i personally wont use mipmaps anymore in civ :p

Was wondering, didn't see any posting towards these items.. I have this big-assed old warhammer book with things like elementals and dragon ogres, has anyone thought about things like that tossed in with regular barbs to make life interesting? or things not going to be quite that old school

I definetly love the oldschool-style, especially when it comes to Orc-design (the new ones in WH40K are even worse IMHO).

But if we will have elementals and dragon ogres depends on what the unit artists like to do (but I think it would add some more fantasy feeeling with such units as barbs roaming around).

Well currently we are all waiting for the next release and that one will give us a huge boost to morale again I think, because It´s just gorgeous what seZ and Ploe are doing with the new units.

@seZ: and I thought you liked the ones with the mipmaps better :crazyeye:
But without those the units are even better (couldn´t imagine this could ever happen :goodjob: ) As somebody said before on these forums: I love you in a non homosexual way!!

i got something for you duke ;) here is a test for you, a chokuno without mipmaps, to replace the cathay skins

and... the alpha version of the woodelf wardancer ;)
i played around, and did a version with and without mipmaps, tell me what your opinion is. and well, i got some time today, lets see what i can come up with next :p

and hell yea, i almost freaked out when i saw the version of my woodelves without mip map, i made a screenie, but forgot it to carry it with my on my usb...

seZereth said:
i got something for you duke here is a test for you, a chokuno without mipmaps, to replace the cathay skins

Where, where? Gotta have it!

And did you have a look at my Brewery (in my sig.)? I´m about to upload my second model, it´s a tavern. I think I´ll be able to do some buildings for the mod :D as I´m getting better and better at it! Next thing is adding shadows to the ground textures and finding out how to do some effects for improvements (but it´s harder than just modeling and skinning).

And it might also help to do some nice buttons - modeling and skinning something with 3dsMAX and then taking a picture for a button (so many new opportunities - I´m totally excited about it, even though it takes a lot of time)

Edit: ok I can see the file now

I like the Wardancer_fx better! Only had a look at it in the NifViewer (because I don´t have cIV installed here), didn´t see a big difference on the skin (but I think you´ll see it only in the game, am i right?). the _fx is better to distinguish from the other woodelf units, because he has no coat.

BTW: the _fx still has the bottom of the quiver (don´t know if this is intended).

Hi, these are the more tribal and ancient elves all based on the archer model, first we got the woodelven wardancer

Then we got the High, Wood, and Dark -elven warriors, done for the ancient era

The different units are the following:
The basic Warriors, drawing their daggers when engaging

The Spearman, fighting withg a special technique (tried to resemble this, dont know if it is more irritating than stylish ;) )

And finally the Axeman, carriing two deadly choppers, made by Rabbit White

Everything is in the Unit Graphics section, well, duke, i will experiment with a better way to get mipmaqps that look good, but i still dont know if it is better for the performance or not, as we have so many different units.

@DUKE: Your buildings look very impressive for a first attempt, keep on going this great work, i would love to see some components you create for buildings when u got some more skills, then we could perhaps make new buildings in the nif viewer ;) (thought about a japanese styled roof, to place on top of existing buildings, for example,... and so on ;) )

seZereth said:
(thought about a japanese styled roof, to place on top of existing buildings, for example,... and so on ;) )

Thanks for the request. I´ll definitely do some asian style objects, especially for you (think of it as a "thank you" for all those great units you´ve beeen doing!)

And I already saved some objects - like crates, barrels and chimneys, so you´ll be able to use those in the NifViewer.

EDIT: And those units are gorgeous!! I mean really gorgeous!! One question though: do you use mipmaps on those or not (please - only yes or no! So I can be really sure).

Duke van Frost said:
Thanks for the request. I´ll definitely do some asian style objects, especially for you (think of it as a "thank you" for all those great units you´ve beeen doing!)

And I already saved some objects - like crates, barrels and chimneys, so you´ll be able to use those in the NifViewer.

EDIT: And those units are gorgeous!! I mean really gorgeous!! One question though: do you use mipmaps on those or not (please - only yes or no! So I can be really sure).

looking forward to the buildings ;) perhaps you will even do some freaky things for woodelves and such folk ;)

i didnt use mipmaps on them.

I'm really hoping that J isn't going to become a JBG...

If you followed SotM you know what I mean. :sad:

Has anyone heard from him at all? Do you guys email, IM, or anything together? Has he burned out more RAM?

Top Bottom