Warlords: Total Realism 2.0

@ Houman and riesscar

Isnt sourceforge.net named becouse they allow/or requite uploaders to upload source files for visitors/registered to dowload source files not only projects ?
I understand that some/all souce files can/must have a password to protect the owner from being theft of his work.

Anaztazioch said:
@ Houman and riesscar

Isnt sourceforge.net named becouse they allow/or requite uploaders to upload source files for visitors/registered to dowload source files not only projects ?
I understand that some/all souce files can/must have a password to protect the owner from being theft of his work.

I'm not sure what you're asking, but I don't think that you are required to password protect SDK files( I'm probably not the best person to ask, though)

Anaztazioch said:
@ Houman and riesscar

Isnt sourceforge.net named becouse they allow/or requite uploaders to upload source files for visitors/registered to download source files not only projects ?

oh, maybe you was not understand clearly - all source code (and whole mod in development) IS available for download from sourceforge - only upload is user/password protected

so if someone want study/use our code - no problem (just don't name own work as Total Realism or similar)
only upload/patching is protected - but if someone want join team, he must prove that he is capable AND he want working hard (not only for one week as we encounter before) - also i don't see a problem

for download: in download page under CivIV Mods title is menu, one item is named code - under this you can find link about SVN and how to set SVN access
branch for warlords mod is referenced: https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/civ4mods/trunk/civ4.mod.realism/src/mod/TR_Warlords (if using tortoiseSVN)

Hey,
I'm not here very often, but I just wanted to say: great job with the Warlords mod. It's ideas and developments such as this that make good games last longer in even greater shape.

Just a thought: are you planning to include the Unit Statistics Mod in your Warlords TR? This is really just
a "flavor" mod but doesn't hurt anybody and adds so much more... flavor for those of us who like digging in statistics... Would be great!

Unit Statistics Mod
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=3807852
link for those lazy to search for it ;)

Might be added to check how will it affect performance. I dont want mods that slows down the game more than it is worth.
I like the way this mod looks, allways liked statistics, but had to retire to see them :(

PS: Real Madrid 2 - 1 Athletic Bilbao

Hello Kraków :)

I'm glad you're taking this mod into account, can it really slow the game down? Hope not.

Be good if it can be done safely, as it's a pretty nifty thing to have... :)

Having said that, I agree with Anaztazioch... Stability and the mod components we already have functioning correctly should be the priority before new content is added. :)

Be good if it can be done safely, as it's a pretty nifty thing to have... :)

Having said that, I agree with Anaztazioch... Stability and the mod components we already have functioning correctly should be the priority before new content is added. :)

Right. Stability is one of our more important goal. So, Mexico will look at this Statistic mod before we decide. We also want to correct (or remove) the Mercenary Mod before any further add-ons.

Hian the Frog.

Hi Houmie (and Mexico and the rest of the TR squad). You may not remember me, but I was around a few months back, talking with Nightravn about resource distribution/map issues, and talking about the whole Exp/Org trait confusion thing. It's been a crazy year IRL, so hence my disappearance. Anyhoo, I've been checking the TR forum since Warlords came out, and since Beta 4 came out, it's all I've been playing.

This is still the best mod that I've tried, and I love the new additions (especially the Pagan Temple concept). However, in the interest of making this superb mod as good as it can be, I feel that I should bring the following to your attention:

I've played a few games through for the first 3000 years or so, and EVERY time, the Americans get wiped out in the first 20 turns or so. After having some fun with the Incas and Romans, I decided to check out what the AI was having a problem with, and tried a couple games as the Americans.

Holy crap! They have a very difficult position, even for a human. There is a large stack of barbarian archers that roams around near Washington. One game, they camped on wooded hills outside the city, and sat there, threatening the city itself, as well as preventing tile development by my workers.

The next game, they didn't bother to play defense. Instead, even though I was building Barracks and researching Archery, I still got stomped by that killer stack for my earliest defeat in TR ever!

Please - do something to change this. I think there's too many barb units around, and I also don't see why their cities have walls in 3000 BC. I know there should be some resistance to Manifest Destiny, but I have to contrast this with my experiences as the Incas. In that case, sure - I didn't secure the continent 'til circa 1000BC, but I was never faced with the likelihood of extinction, like with the USA.

Just food for thought... I'll try somebody else for now.

HI bovinespy

Yes I remember you. I also remember how some members refered to you as the Cow. ;)

Thanks for your feedback. The Pre-Gold release is expected for this Weekend and Gold Version about 1 week later.

For the Pre-Gold we have given two start units for each viv with Garrison 2 promotion each and AI CIty Defense. In this way they have a better chance to survive. I will have a look at the map to see if there are any immidiate thread that can be nerfed additionally.

Regards
Houman

<snip>...Thanks for your feedback. The Pre-Gold release is expected for this Weekend and Gold Version about 1 week later... <snip>
Regards
Houman

:eek: Awesome! Can't wait to check it out! The Cow is also glad to hear that the Americans (and others) will get an extra CG unit. How will the AI City Defense work? Does that mean that instead of trying hard to take my cities, they'll instead try and hold on to their cities? If so - that's great news.

And thanks for the PDQ response

:eek: Awesome! Can't wait to check it out! The Cow is also glad to hear that the Americans (and others) will get an extra CG unit. How will the AI City Defense work? Does that mean that instead of trying hard to take my cities, they'll instead try and hold on to their cities? If so - that's great news.

And thanks for the PDQ response

Before each warrior had a Attack City default AI. Sometimes they didn't stay in the cities to defend and ran to the enemy to conquer. Now 2 warrios each Garrison 2 should sit down in the city and dont go kamikaze. ;) (this is ofocurse for AI, a human player plays as he wishes)

AI City Defense

I belive its a AI script, so his garrison II archer wont try to kill 2 huntsman on forest/hill near city, and AI will not send this units for scouting. So Ai will not loose that CG unit early in stupid way such as this.

@ Houman and Anaztazioch - Thanks for the clarification. I'll keep my eye out for that Pre-Gold... :)

Hi Houmie (and Mexico and the rest of the TR squad). You may not remember me, but I was around a few months back, talking with Nightravn about resource distribution/map issues, and talking about the whole Exp/Org trait confusion thing. It's been a crazy year IRL, so hence my disappearance. Anyhoo, I've been checking the TR forum since Warlords came out, and since Beta 4 came out, it's all I've been playing.

This is still the best mod that I've tried, and I love the new additions (especially the Pagan Temple concept). However, in the interest of making this superb mod as good as it can be, I feel that I should bring the following to your attention:

I've played a few games through for the first 3000 years or so, and EVERY time, the Americans get wiped out in the first 20 turns or so. After having some fun with the Incas and Romans, I decided to check out what the AI was having a problem with, and tried a couple games as the Americans.

Holy crap! They have a very difficult position, even for a human. There is a large stack of barbarian archers that roams around near Washington. One game, they camped on wooded hills outside the city, and sat there, threatening the city itself, as well as preventing tile development by my workers.

The next game, they didn't bother to play defense. Instead, even though I was building Barracks and researching Archery, I still got stomped by that killer stack for my earliest defeat in TR ever!

Please - do something to change this. I think there's too many barb units around, and I also don't see why their cities have walls in 3000 BC. I know there should be some resistance to Manifest Destiny, but I have to contrast this with my experiences as the Incas. In that case, sure - I didn't secure the continent 'til circa 1000BC, but I was never faced with the likelihood of extinction, like with the USA.

Just food for thought... I'll try somebody else for now.

Hi bovinespy,

Pleased that you like the Pagan Temple concept. It's one of our great add on, not yet stabilized (values, cost,...) but working well despite some small critizes.

You are right about the weakness of some civs. As the main tester of the Team, American, Russian and Egyptian are among those in the most critic situation. But it will changed with two defensive units. I hope.

Hian the Frog.

My report after playing on earth map and several ordinary games:

As for bugs and AI strange actions:

The most annoying bug is that bmp 3 sounds all the time, it makes me turn of the sound.:))

AI gathers a great stack of units near your city but doesnt attack or attack several units per turn.
For example i had a city garrisoned by 3 longbowmen, Shaka arrived with 6 zulu knights, 5 foot knights, 6 maceman, 8 catapults, 6 longbowmen and attacked by one une or two units per turn for large period of time.

AI thinks that planes defend cities.
It is really annoying to destroy every plane and worker in the city, but which is more important(maybe i am wrong) AI tries to defende cities with planes.
Example, i was in war with Bismark, who had a slighter bigger army then me, when i attacked him his cities where ordinary defended by 2 sam infanties and a large amount of planes.

Ka 50 and mi 24 are for all?

Howitzers are owerpowered and make modern armor useless. You actually don't need them if you have howitzers, helicopters and IVFs.

Canons coming with gunpowder are too powerful. Noting can counter them, a pack of cannons and the enemy is dead.

Please teach AI to use nukes again large human stacks.

Don't remember more now. Going to perform more testing.

Top Bottom