Weekend Specials Online

I'm waiting for a gold or complete pack.

It's almost there, just one more campaign mod coming soon. Unless the one after that is a Gundam/Macross campaign????

@Manical, maybe you can offer your neighbors a pre-paid snow shovelling? /ducks

I got the blood pack because I had 75 cents lying around. Now to find some use for my change.

I got the blood pack because I had 75 cents lying around. Now to find some use for my change.

Yeah I find these Steam sales are good for draining the last pennies from my used gift cards.

Blood pack does make the battles a little more "fun" to watch.

Last week of the GamersGate holiday sale.

http://www.gamersgate.com/giftguide

Several Paradox titles are on sale (EUII Chronicles, HoI3 and its expansions, etc), as well as Pride of Nations ($1.70), Dragon Age Origins Ultimate, and various other games. EDIT: Also Darkest Hour is $3.38

EDIT: It might still be the week 3 sale actually, as it doesn't say Week 4 yet so I am not sure.

The huge epic Steam holiday sale has started. Really? I didn't expect more than what was going on right now, after that Thanksgiving sale. Dammit Valve!

Thinking the same thing here. The deals... oh man, the deals. The giftpile thing is cool. One lucky SOB will win every game available on Steam.

Steam website seems to be working only intermittently now. Seems the first day's sale is the 20th, running kind of like the Summer Sale did (play games for a chance to get a prize).

It is a pity that is seems to be pretty much the same daily specials as the last few big Steam sales. With a couple of new additions I've never heard of.

On the plus side, Portal, Just Cause 2, Metro 2033, Amnesia, Sam & Max, Max Payne and Orcs Must Die! are 75% off and dirt cheap.

I wouldn't pay a cent for any of the other specials though.

EDIT: I can't access the gift/contest pageon Steam as it is down, but apparently this is how it works this year:

crazindndude said:
For anyone who was confused [like me] on what the contest consists of:

For each of the daily objectives you complete, you have a random chance to win a gift or a lump of coal.

Gifts are pretty much just free games or Steam coupons (25% off, etc.) Most coupons will only activate after the sale ends (Jan 2) but certain "golden coupons" work during the sale.

Each lump of coal you have gives you one entry into the final drawing. The grand prize is every game in the Steam catalog, and there are other prizes for first, second, and third place. To be entered in the drawing you need at least one coal and 10 items on your wishlist.

Coal and gifts can be traded or given away. Coal can also be crafted into gifts at a ratio of 7 coal to 1 gift. The gift is guaranteed not to be more coal.

EDIT: http://store.steampowered.com/holidaysale/details

Well the achievements for today are pretty lame, five indie games I'm not interested in (and at least one is little more than a glorified flash game) and a check your inventory one that doesn't work :/

EDIT: I got two coupons, 25% off Valve games (most of which I already own...) and 50% off Rockstar games (which are mostly bad PC ports anyway), I'm willing to trade these for lumps of coal (if they are tradeable).

I might be more immune to everything this time around.

My first Steam gift was a free copy of STALKER Call of Pripyat. I guess I got lucky for once... Although a 50% off a game that`s worth 50$ would be more worthwhile than a free game worth 10$ and probably less since it`s been on sale countless times :p Well I'm not really complaining. Free games! It actually exists people! (Sometimes I wonder who wins these "everything on wishlist" prizes we've seen in the past, and if these people actually exist).

I dunno how many people did, but it seems highly unlikely anyone even remotely close to me would have won it. I wouldn't be surprised if the odds of winning were not very far from those of winning the lottery, in which case I'm rather waste my once-in-a-lifetime-incredible-lucky-event on winning millions of dollars :p

My first Steam gift was a free copy of STALKER Call of Pripyat. I guess I got lucky for once... Although a 50% off a game that`s worth 50$ would be more worthwhile than a free game worth 10$ and probably less since it`s been on sale countless times :p Well I'm not really complaining. Free games! It actually exists people! (Sometimes I wonder who wins these "everything on wishlist" prizes we've seen in the past, and if these people actually exist).

Oh nice.

These steam events, prizes and sales really get you to do those archivements.
Iam going to get around to playing X-reunion this holidays been itching to play this game

Since the coupons can be traded (the same way items for other games like TF2, Portal, or some Steamworked MMOs can be through the chat system) I am more than willing to trade my 25% off Valve and 50% off Rockstar coupons for almost anything other than more coupons.

I got portal game

Did everyone get the same thing ?

Top Bottom