Welcome to Giant Earth Map (GEM)!

i have always been a big fan of the GEM mod, in the past i have used the map in my own custom mods. this latest release has a lot of features i like, BUT i want to incorporate the Next War Mod into the GEM package and to do so i would need the source code for the GEM mod. i am a software engineer and c/c++ is what i do on a daily basis at work.

could you please release the SDK so that ppl like me can expand on your work and keep the GEM project alive if in fact u r leaving the CIV community?

Thanks

BeastMaster

I am afraid I can't give you any C++ source code as there aren't any to give, (I wish I would have as it makes GEM sounds more sophisticated :lol:)

All the C++ source code changes aren't done by me. I am just using RevolutionDCM mod's dll and added/replaced my own xml, wbs and other files which are all included with the download.

Hello!
I just want to play the gem, but when I'm extracting the files with 7zip the following error messages appear:

cannot open output file C:\program files \ firaxis games \ sid meier's civilization 4\ beyond the sword \ mods \ giant earth map \ assets \ CvGamecoreDLL.dll

and

C:\ ................ \ giant earth map \ docs \ bug mod help \ bug mod help-Deu
C:\............................................................................................-Eng
C:\............................................................................................-Esp
C:\............................................................................................-Fra
C:\............................................................................................-Ita

Could anybody please help me?
P.S.: I'm German, so sorry for possible faults or misunderstandings ;) .

Playing this mod as normal, but using revolutions and such, there is in all my cities a Revolt status, which says a few of my cities are in trouble, but where can i read about this status?

need to see what i can do to improve on the situation, before i have to fight rebels :)

India and Afghanistan need gems

India and Afghanistan need gems

I am using Diamond production as a base for calculating gems distribution. Are you saying India and Afghanistan has plenty of Gems that are not diamonds?

Having got any stats of other gems with me, could you provide any?

Is there any way to play the world map with ancient or modern resources as a custom game? Where you can decide which civs you play against?

I am using Diamond production as a base for calculating gems distribution. Are you saying India and Afghanistan has plenty of Gems that are not diamonds?

Having got any stats of other gems with me, could you provide any?

India had major diamond mines for a long time, they were pulling some huge ones out... have you heard of the Hope Diamond? Afghanistan has Lapis Lazuli, was a valuable gem for a long time

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Diamonds_originated_in_India

I have been working on getting jculturecontrol_v2_000bts3_17 ported over to your MOD, but after several crashes that didnt make sense, I realized I was using the RevDCM 2.71 SDK and you are using the 2.5 SDK.

I would really like to get culture control back, I had it in BTS 3.17, used your map with an expansion on the Next War Epic MOD.

The RevDCM dll is nice to play with this map, but I want to combine your MOD with the Next War Epic MOD w/ the culture control added in again.

Do you have the SDK sources with the modifications you made for RevDCM 2.5 (if you made any changes at all)?

R/

BeastMaster

ok, i have been looking for info about the changes in GEM, namely the revolution bit...

1) Are there a place, that refer to the bonus and penalty of the civics and other things that will effect your nation and cities?

2) are there any ways to view the Empire Stability part of the revolution, because i have cities that are getting bonus overall, except are going up in trouble, which i guess is due to Empire Stability, which i cant seem to be able to find... Ctrl + shift +w dont work...

need some help, cant play :(

The hungarian Civ cannot build its Cataphract UU at all on your map. It gets normal Horse Archers at Horseback Riding and Archery, and gets nothing at all when you get Guilds, not even Knights.

If anyone here wants to try my new mod based from the 1860 AD scenario here is the link. I call it 1861 AD version 2.6.

Download link http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=14962

I hear alot of complaining that GEM mod is slow. I know it takes some time in between turns, but it is really fun to play. To me it is worth it. Let me know what you think.

Hi Genghis,

I was just wondering if you are planning on updating this great map for civ 5?

I would really appreciate it, and im sure many other people would as well!

Hi Genghis,

I was just wondering if you are planning on updating this great map for civ 5?

I would really appreciate it, and im sure many other people would as well!

I am still struggling to get a copy of Civ5. And I just find out yesterday that my laptop's graphics card is not capable to run Civ5! I am quite surprised since I can use my laptop to play StarCraft2.

I do not anticipate to upgrade or get another computer in the near future. So unless I can find out a way to get around the graphics card problem, I would be joining the civ5 modding, unfortunately.

Top Bottom