What Are You Reading, Again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Babbler said:
Collapse was a great read! Some whould make some civ senarios out of the situations in the book, like Easter Island or Norse Greenland.
Oh yeah, an easter Islands mod.
Who chops most forests before it all goes down the drain is the...ummh...winner:lol: .

GoodSarmatian said:
Oh yeah, an easter Islands mod.
Who chops most forests before it all goes down the drain is the...ummh...winner:lol: .
You could choose either to be a traditional chieftain or a up and coming military leader. You would vie for power between the old guard and the new lords of war; all whilst manging declining resources. Could you unite the island before the coming of the Europeans?

I think it sounds fun.

I just finished reading Coldheart Canyon by Clive Barker. I think it was Sidhe who recommended it. Man, what a disappointment! The book reads exactly like a Hollywood movie, including a predictable happy ending, and a villain doing illogical things that was her own undoing. The book was 680 pages and the last 80 pages seemed completely unnecessary. At least another 300 pages or so could have been trimmed. Oh well. No more Clive Barker for me. Bleah.

Ah yes, here it is.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=3878148&postcount=972

Sorry, Sidhe; I totally disagree about Coldheart Canyon.

Oh yeah, one of the books I'm reading now is a book containing all of Franz Kafka's stories.

Hitler's Bastard:
Through Hell and Back in Nazi Germany and Stalin's Russia.

By Ian Sayer and Douglas Botting.

The true story of a British SS man and his experiences in the Nazi war machine and Soviet captivity.

I just finished Ann McCaffrey's Dragonflight

I'm a huge fan of the fantasy genre, but having started reading fantasy with Lewis and Tolkien, this book didn't really compare. It was a good read though, better than Eragon.

Spoiler :
I liked the time-travel aspect. Perhaps I should read more books of that theme. :)

Pug - Have you checked out the Riftwar Saga, by Raymond E. Feist? The first book is Magician, sometimes broken into two books, Magician:Apprentice & Magician:Master. Check them out, if you haven't.

eugh, no it isnt.

Wolf in Shadow - David Gemmell
Post Apocalyptic Christian super gunslinger versus a magic Satanic invading kingdom. Got to love it.

Americans at War by Stephen Ambrose. After that it'll be a Stephen Coonts novel.

For the first time in my whole life, the Holy Bible - Douay-Rheims version.

Simon Darkshade said:
Wolf in Shadow - David Gemmell
Post Apocalyptic Christian super gunslinger versus a magic Satanic invading kingdom. Got to love it.

And love it and love it, keep rereading this series it's too good to only be read once.

Turner said:
Pug - Have you checked out the Riftwar Saga, by Raymond E. Feist? The first book is Magician, sometimes broken into two books, Magician:Apprentice & Magician:Master. Check them out, if you haven't.

I agree a thrilling read. Still his best book IMO. Reading the Talon of the Silver Hawk series at the moment, it's good but it's not Magician good.

Valerio Evangelisti - Il Mistero dell'Inquisitore Eymerich (i couldn't see any english titles on it :p)

Sidhe said:
I agree a thrilling read. Still his best book IMO. Reading the Talon of the Silver Hawk series at the moment, it's good but it's not Magician good.

Wait until you get to Flight of the Nighthawks. Definately better than the Conclave series. Although I rather enjoyed Exile's Return.

"Windows Into Heaven; Introducing Icons to Protestants and Catholics" and Vol. 1 of Gonzalez' History of Christianity.

"Windows Into Heaven; Introducing Icons to Protestants and Catholics" and Vol. 1 of Gonzalez' History of Christianity.

Edit: Woaaah what happened? I pushed post reply ONCE. Sorry moderators. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom