What have you achieved in 2015?

I just finished Book I of Caesar's De Bello Gallico in Latin. I'd honestly hoped to get through this a bit faster than I did - in addition to book 1, I've read half of book 4 and half of book 5 of the 8 books of the text - but things are still progressing rather nicely. I feel like it's a lot easier and faster to read/translate now than it was when I started. Next year I'm hoping to progress towards Ab Urbe Condita (already read a bit of this) or the Annales

I cleared my garden of its jungle. And literally hundreds (well... tens.. well... 5 or 6) people have told me they are astonished how quickly I've done it.

I think you misused the word 'literally'.

I begun to study physics properly. I've been ashamed to admit how poorly I know anything about it, and thought for years that I should restudy it.

Also finished the pedagogical studies for teacher, which was a big pile of bs.

He included a comment that he thought the plot was developing too quickly. I'm not sure what to do with this. I don't know if I agree, and if I do, what do I do about it?

What Cardgame said, plus don't take it badly, you shouldn't expect that your write perfect stories right off the bat. It's a hard art, and there's competition to be published. If the other feedback is similar, rewrite it. Apparently still, he didn't think that the story by itself sucked. :)

Next year I'm hoping to progress towards Ab Urbe Condita (already read a bit of this) or the Annales

Ab Urbe Condita is just horrible. (Tacitus') Annales is very good, but it's hard to follow, since there're so many names, although that applies to an extent to Bello Gallico too.

- I got engaged with my GF, will get married next year.
- I got married with a bank for 25 years: I got a mortgage and bought a flat
- I started an arduino project just for fun, which may lead to a business

Plans for 2016:
-Get married.
-End my arduino project.

ı have been accused of producing Episode 7 with Disney . It's a new thing ; almost respectable . ı tend to be charged with more like being coup-plotter's apprentice or running the world's drug traffic . No , it's not just because that South Park episode is considered awesomely hilarious in some weird Turkish language forum where all those dudes even don't know how to Youtube but they all had it on and on . Am not as fat as Eric Cartman .

Attachments

• Tauntaun.png
    Tauntaun.png
    474.7 KB · Views: 167
My accomplishments for 2015 are probably about the same as 2014:

- Converted oxygen into somewhere around 166,440 liters of CO2.
- Converted resources into approximately 1,569.5 pounds of waste products.

These of course are just rough estimates based on averages.

- Converted oxygen into somewhere around 166,440 liters of CO2.
- Converted resources into approximately 1,569.5 pounds of waste products.

My rough calculation got 275000 to 300000. I am certain my car did a lot more than that.

Waste products? No idea how to calculate that.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

My rough calculation got 275000 to 300000. I am certain my car did a lot more than that.

Waste products? No idea how to calculate that.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

I just Googled some averages. Embarrassingly enough I haven't been keeping close count. :o

Cheer up Snerk. It's your tenth anniversary here next month!

/Meh :)

It is likely (not certain) that by now the publishing house got all of its money for printing the first edition of my book, back from sales. At any rate a second edition is already being discussed, although first all the copies must be sold.

(mind you, this doesn't mean i am famous. First edition was a few hundred copies in this troubled era...)

Beware of Greeks bearing profits, eh? :p

Cheer up Snerk. It's your tenth anniversary here next month!
Heh, that's true. Must remember to include that in next year's achievements thread.

OK I'll make a concerted effort to list this year's minor achievements.

-Slowly picked up the trail again on an education I had to abandon due to some fairly crippling health issues. Had an exam that went well and I have another lined up this spring. I'm on track to be well prepared for it.

-Kept up my more rigorous work-out regime I started last year. Made some nice gains and I'm generally in better shape than I've been in a long long time. I've since fully plateaued now, but I'm not that bothered about that right now.

-Made friends with some highly dedicated horse owners giving me ample opportunities for rides. An annoying hip/sciatica issue has been limiting that though this last year but hopefully what can change.

-Bought a motorbike I'm very happy with. Stowed away for the winter now but I'm looking forward to spring time.

-Got an apartment. Not much of an achievement as my parents owns it. I'm not close to affording my own place. Still, it's a big step up from my previous situation.

@Kyriakos: will you be narrating the audiobook version??

I'm not sure I'd want a Hellenic audiobook - it'd be all Greek to me.

What Cardgame said, plus don't take it badly, you shouldn't expect that your write perfect stories right off the bat. It's a hard art, and there's competition to be published. If the other feedback is similar, rewrite it. Apparently still, he didn't think that the story by itself sucked. :)

A couple of days ago, I received a copy of his book Writing the Blockbuster Novel by Albert Zuckerman. I've devoured it in just two days, and have learned a lot.

I wrote my novel with just a rough outline in my head. After reading Zuckerman's book, I realize how important having a detailed, written outline is. My novel zips ahead, and then meanders, and even changes antagonists...more than once. Without a well thought-out structure, it doesn't stand a chance.

Top Bottom