What have you achieved in 2016?

this year ı will not be blamed for co-producing Rogue 1 .

this is getting worse ...

the feeling becoming the fad is :

"So what, if he is Skywalker?"

Speaking of countries, which country should I visit next? I am looking for a cheap(er) trip this year so it will have to be someplace cheaper than Japan or Norway. I'm thinking maybe Portugal or somewhere in South America.
You haven't posted threads about the last two you visited! :cry:

What about Western Canada? There are some pretty decent places to hike and camp in Alberta and BC. And I seem to recall reading that admission to the national parks is supposed to be free next year (for Canada's 150th birthday). Banff, Jasper, Glacier, and Yoho are gorgeous from May through September.

The only country near me is the U.S., and they've got guns
Technically speaking, France isn't that far away, if you visit St. Pierre and Miquelon. I have no idea what their rules are about tourists, though, or if there's even anything to see there. And if you want to try another northern destination, Denmark controls Greenland, and Iceland would be an interesting place to visit.

Year is also over... So, any last-minute achievements? :)

I've started a blog and have ten articles pre-written and scheduled, which is a far cry better than my previous attempts where I write a couple articles and then never visit the blog again. This is also the first blog that isn't built for monetization, so that sucks, but writing something publicly on a consistent basis may be nice for building confidence as it's been a while since I was last published.

Alright so this thread should have been made today at the earliest and not 3rd november I mean jeese

I'm pretty upset that "2016 is the worst year ever" has become a bloody meme because some celebrities and a sodding gorilla died (there was Trump as well but the meme started long before the primary season was over), since that sort of delegitimatises it when I say 2016 was probably the worst year ever for me personally (2007 was pretty bad for me, but I don't remember it good enough to make an accurate comparison, but I think this was worse).

I essentially failed 6 subjects at university, 2 semesters, 1/3 of the entire bachelor degree, essentially ruining absolutely everything I've ever worked for my entire life, probably for fudging ever.
I'm pretty sure that I've ended up reading and thinking less, and thus I've become dumber
And I've somewhat made an enemy of my mother

been to psychiatrists basically the whole year and not made any single step forwards, probably gone backwards

It becomes more and more clear that I'm essentially a hack

I'm not asking for sympathy
so why am I posting this?
I don't know or particularly care
Don't accuse me of wallowing in self-pity, I mostly ignore the whole thing

Alright so this thread should have been made today at the earliest and not 3rd november I mean jeese

I'm pretty upset that "2016 is the worst year ever" has become a bloody meme because some celebrities and a sodding gorilla died (there was Trump as well but the meme started long before the primary season was over), since that sort of delegitimatises it when I say 2016 was probably the worst year ever for me personally (2007 was pretty bad for me, but I don't remember it good enough to make an accurate comparison, but I think this was worse).

I essentially failed 6 subjects at university, 2 semesters, 1/3 of the entire bachelor degree, essentially ruining absolutely everything I've ever worked for my entire life, probably for ****ing ever.
I'm pretty sure that I've ended up reading and thinking less, and thus I've become dumber
And I've somewhat made an enemy of my mother

been to psychiatrists basically the whole year and not made any single step forwards, probably gone backwards

It becomes more and more clear that I'm essentially a hack

I'm not asking for sympathy
so why am I posting this?
I don't know or particularly care
Don't accuse me of wallowing in self-pity, I mostly ignore the whole thing

Ehm, you aren't a hack. From your posts when you aren't depressed you always sound intelligent. Depression is very scary, moreso in your age (i also had major depression when in university and due to it i barely managed to crawl to the end and graduate with a rather not that good mark - but i thought i would just fail).
1 year lost in studies = nothing at all. You have many years ahead to do the same courses if you want.
Maybe you could take a year off and focus on therapy for the depression? (again, teens think that is the end of the world, but it is not- yet if you let depression get worse and worse you may risk losing decades and not just years of your life).

My last achievement of the year is a cold, likely picked up from some debit machine keypad. I've got basically every symptom you ever heard in a cough syrup commercial, and right now all I want is a bowl of chicken soup.

Naturally, I don't have any chicken soup. :(

I've started a blog and have ten articles pre-written and scheduled, which is a far cry better than my previous attempts where I write a couple articles and then never visit the blog again. This is also the first blog that isn't built for monetization, so that sucks, but writing something publicly on a consistent basis may be nice for building confidence as it's been a while since I was last published.
Please send me the link so I can follow it. :)

Ehm, you aren't a hack. From your posts when you aren't depressed you always sound intelligent. Depression is very scary, moreso in your age (i also had major depression when in university and due to it i barely managed to crawl to the end and graduate with a rather not that good mark - but i thought i would just fail).
1 year lost in studies = nothing at all. You have many years ahead to do the same courses if you want.
Maybe you could take a year off and focus on therapy for the depression? (again, teens think that is the end of the world, but it is not- yet if you let depression get worse and worse you may risk losing decades and not just years of your life).
Agreed with everything here. You're in a really rough patch Lohr but it will turn around. Be proactive though, no matter what you decide, make changes.

Top Bottom