What have you achieved in 2016?

Why's it pointless? Travel and sports are only two of the options available to you.

Any goals are impossible for me. They just get in the way of everyone else.

It doesn't mean you have to believe everything what you get told is wrong. If I tell you the sky is blue, then it's normally somewhat stupid to question that, but if I tell you the earth is flat, then you'd be better questioning that ;).

I don't know, I get the feeling if that ever happened, I won't be able to get more than a couple of words out before I'm told about all the masses of evidence that shows that the Earth is flat and then laughed at for thinking otherwise.

Don't be so negative! Technically speaking Wales is only 50 km away.

I never thought I'd end up anywhere outside of Poland when I was growing up and look at me now. Escaped through the iron curtain and went to the end of the world. Got bitten by a monkey in Thailand. Rode an elephant in Scotland.

Some of that may or may not be true. Point is that I wish I was in your position! You are so close to so many interesting travel destinations. The only country near me is the U.S., and they've got guns

I've been to Wales many times. I was told that doesn't count as another country as Wales is part of the United Kingdom.

As I'm often reminded, there's nothing interesting here.

Most days I don't even leave the house.

Is it an issue of money? You're in Bath, England! You could hop on a train to Bristol and from there fly to Dublin for 25USD. Or even Malaga, Spain for 95USD. If I lived in England (and still had the same paying job I have now) I'd be flying somewhere new in Europe ever month at least. I'm sure you could find a hostel to crash in, just watch out for bed bugs.

I'm on disability benefits. Another problem with traveling is that I don't have a passport and it's nearly impossible to get a passport.

Any goals are impossible for me. They just get in the way of everyone else.

So what? Your life, you're important.
You'll not kill anyone by having a plan.

I don't know, I get the feeling if that ever happened, I won't be able to get more than a couple of words out before I'm told about all the masses of evidence that shows that the Earth is flat and then laughed at for thinking otherwise.

You really need to change the people who you talk to.

As I'm often reminded, there's nothing interesting here.

Most days I don't even leave the house.

Then go elsewhere ;).
London is not a world away, and there are for sure interesting things there.
(people might disagree on what is interesting, but I guess nearly everyone finds something there interesting)

EDIT: Wiki tells me Bath has several museums, a theatre, bigger sports teams and a rich history. That actually sounds like a place where you can live quite okay.
EDIT2: And Stonehenge doesn't seem to be too far away either. Nice.

I'm on disability benefits. Another problem with traveling is that I don't have a passport and it's nearly impossible to get a passport.

Why impossible? You go to the municipality, fill out a form and pay. Or is it more difficult in the UK?

Last edited:
So what? Your life, you're important.
You'll not kill anyone by having a plan.

It's selfish.

Why impossible? You go to the municipality, fill out a form and pay. Or is it more difficult in the UK?

To get a passport you need signatures from your parents, your grandparents, a professional and an MP.

Last edited:
I got my fish to chirp and he somehow made worse sounds than a Koala in the World Chess Championship.

I helped McGuire become President because I tweeted to him about Double Dragon and he remembered how to throw

Also in Political Machine I played as Trump and beat Hillary thereby destroying the world. Although it would've been anyways if Hillary won.

Found out Fish is a rabbit who lost to a bird

Men's pocky is so rare that they can only sell tiny packs of it now

What o_O?
EDIT: That's a joke, right?

It's not! In Canada, it is very similar. You need someone in a position of authority who has known you for at least 5 years to sign off on your initial passport application. For me, it was my elementary school principal as I had known her for over 10 years. If I had to do that here in Vancouver, I'd need to wait another 3 years and then maybe my doctor would sign it. Luckily, since I've done it once, I shouldn't need to do it again! Keyword being shouldn't.

A banging body. :smug:

To get a passport you need signatures from your parents, your great grandparents, a professional and an MP.

Are you sure? I just looked on the gov.uk website and unless you got a criminal history or are under 18, it looks fairly simple. I mean we got hooligans from England going to football games all over Europe and starting riots, it can't be too hard to get one.

I mean we got hooligans from England going to football games all over Europe and starting riots, it can't be too hard to get one.

But isn't the UK a member of the EU? And isn't one of the benefits of being in the EU that citizens from any member nation can travel freely to any other member nation without a passport?

I have made new friends this year, people I see on a regular basis who I don't work with. I actually meet these people for food and drink and we talk about things on a regular basis. And it's normal and we know each other's names and quirks and we have a regular table and everything.

It's sometimes not easy making new friends when you're an adult, so that's memorable for me

I've repaired certain aspects of an important relationship in my life that bode well for the future.

That is my hope, at least.

Not a significant achievement but it's something.

But isn't the UK a member of the EU? And isn't one of the benefits of being in the EU that citizens from any member nation can travel freely to any other member nation without a passport?

I am not sure if you can travel outside a country within the EU without a passport -- ie just with some ID/similar. I have to suppose you do need some document of identification to travel internationally, even within the EU. I always used passport.

Yes, exactly. You need to have a form of valid ID (this is just in case, but especially at the british border they still control), driving license does not count . For most countries this is then either the passport or the ID card, and the UK does not have ID cards (AFAIK).

I don't have a passport myself, but I've travelled to 4 countries this year with just my ID card.

Oh that's right! My mistake.

Well in any case, I do think it's odd that you'd need the signature of your great grandparent and an MP to get a passport, considering most great grandparents are dead.

Well in any case, I do think it's odd that you'd need the signature of your great grandparent and an MP to get a passport, considering most great grandparents are dead

Well, I guess you better get your hands on the T-virus or master time travel then.

Are you sure? I just looked on the gov.uk website and unless you got a criminal history or are under 18, it looks fairly simple. I mean we got hooligans from England going to football games all over Europe and starting riots, it can't be too hard to get one.

The hooligan problem was supposed to have ended and now taken up by the Russians.

You need a passport to enter the UK.

Well in any case, I do think it's odd that you'd need the signature of your great grandparent and an MP to get a passport, considering most great grandparents are dead.

I made a mistake. I meant to write grandparents. I have the problem that all my grandparents are dead.

There must be a way around that. You're for sure not the first one who is in this situation.

You need a passport to enter the UK.

Any European ID card is also valid ;).
(been in Scotland last year without a passport)

I made a mistake. I meant to write grandparents. I have the problem that all my grandparents are dead.

Damn, you're right. I found the Applying for your Passport PDF and by your circumstances, I can guess that you were born after 1983 and even if you were born before, you got all those documents. Surely there's gotta be a provision in the event your grandparents are dead at least.

Either way, sounds like a huge hassle. In hindsight, I was very fortunate and privileged to have had my folks take care of passport stuff for me since we moved around Asia for a bit.

Top Bottom