What is your religion?

Looks like all you jerks except Cleric are going to be banished to Neptune when our extraterrestrial friends return. good luck trying to breath/not freeze.

Neptune is a great place to store my body. The super coldness of it will allow me to run my downloaded mind at greater clocking speeds.

WRONG the aliens will come before all that AI crap happens.

I know this because I'm presonally very close to solving the riddle now and earning a place of honor in the alien court.

mdwh said:
I'm non-religious.

I find this sort of idea confusing, though it's something I often hear. If you don't believe in God, then why do you feel the need to say you're "technically Christian"? Christianity isn't a race (which might apply to Judaism, hence you get Jewish Atheists).

Sorry I phrased that badly:blush:. What I was trying to say is that I am Atheist but I like telling people I am Christian so they leave me alone. Basically, the people around here are a little more religious and if you tell them you are Atheist they will not only think you are weird but will also start asking questions like, "Why don't you believe in God?" and stuff like that which I don't feel like answering. So to sum it up I am a closet Atheist.

I had water splashed on my head too, but that doesn't mean I'm a Christian,

I never have had any water splashed on my head (except while swimming or taking a shower) and never plan to because it would probably ruin my hair-do :o.

anymore than me throwing spaghetti at your head makes you a member of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, no matter how much I claim you are ;)

Sadly, I must decline your offer to be in the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. It sounds really nice and all but worshiping monsters made from spaghetti that fly really isn't my thing. I hope you will understand:).

I worship evil Jesus. He's like regular Jesus but evil and comes from a parallel universe. You can tell them apart by looking at their facial hair. Evil Jesus has a goatee, steals candy from babies, and eats puppies.

I associate with Christianity, but not a particular denomination, nor do I go to church on even a semi-regular basis.

I don't think there is a name for what I really believe. Getting inside my own mind enough to figure it out would likely be fatal.

Was antheist, now believe that I'm the next prophet to bring chaos to mankind.

j/k

Roman Catholic

I don't know. I have a belief that humanity itself and the human experience is divine. I guess I'm of the opinion that we're all warring, loving laughing gods.

to give you a condensed version:

i'm not necessarily religious, nor am I atheist, but I consider myself moral and spiritual.

I may join an organized religion one day (most likely buddhism, taoism, or confucianism, or something of the like), until then, i'm chillin out.

I practice Roman Catholicism although I dont agree with everything that the RC practices and preaches. I do believe in a supreme being or a force that created the universe, I call this being/force "God" for lack of a better name.

I'm a Roman Catholic convert.

I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth; and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord; who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried. He descended into hell; the third day He rose again from the dead. He ascended into heaven, and sits at the right hand of God, the Father Almighty; from thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting.

Taliesin said:
I'm a Roman Catholic convert.

I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth; and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord; who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried. He descended into hell; the third day He rose again from the dead. He ascended into heaven, and sits at the right hand of God, the Father Almighty; from thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting.

The Nicene Creed was always my favorite, personally. :p

Becka said:
The Nicene Creed was always my favorite, personally. :p
Yes, it's more poetic, and definitely more explicit, but then it's also a great deal longer. Less suitable for forum purposes.

I'm a follower of Jesus Christ. Though the particular denomination I'm with is Nazarene, not because I nesecarily go along with all the niceties of that particular denomination, but because that's where God want's be to be. And you know what, it's been great. I find listening to God much better than listening to a bunch of sqabling men who don't really know anything at all. It seems to have a much higher success rate in my book.

Top Bottom