What Music Are You Listening To? #61: Now without a catchy title...

I listened to Hot Buttered Soul by Isaac Hayes and I'm Still in Love With You by Al Green on the way to work this morning. If you're a fan of '90s-'00s trip-hop, you might recognize the guitar from Hayes' "Walk on By" from a Hooverphonic song, and either Massive Attack or Tricky (I forget which) sampled the drum beat at the beginning of Green's "I'm Glad You're Mine." There's also a piano about seven minutes into Hayes' "Hyperbolic[...]" that Public Enemy sampled for something, but I can't remember what it was now.

Last edited:
Cant link it for foul language but I just read an interview with Quincy Jones at Vulture com, he called the Beatles the worst musicians he'd seen. He said Ringo couldn't get a song right so they told him to take a break and they called a jazz drummer who did the part. Ringo came back and wanted to listen to it again and thought it sounded ok, Quincy told him thats because it aint you lol.

ugh, dont know how to link a utube video

hmm...maybe I do :)

Okay, one more for tonight in honor of Rush calling it quits....for now. And the space program

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom