1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What other Civs would you like to see added to DoC

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by AtlantaMarty, Apr 18, 2017.

1. KeeperOT7Keys

KeeperOT7Keys did nothing wrong

I think India needs more chaos tbh.
    Currently it's pretty common to see India going full Pala Empire, defeating Mughals, and discovering new world before Europeans. Also even if Kushan can't manage to conquer India, they can still fill the area in Central Asia with a role of trade chokepoint, which is nice enough.

1SDAN likes this.
  2. mccp77

mccp77 Warlord

I think the role of trade choke point is better represented by the Turks.

The question to be answered here is do we think a Kushan civ is practical? My answer is no, not without screwing India. As for India vs. the Mughals, Hindu vs Muslim invaders is a very different struggle than Indians vs. Kushans. India vs Mughals isn't just a struggle for territory, it's a struggle for culture and identity.

Now, all of that said, if a Kushan civ is included I'd rather be in the loop than out even though I oppose their inclusion. In that spirit, here is my two cents: I believe they need to spawn early than their historical spawn date. Maybe spawn them as Bactria in 250BC even though Bactria was Greek ethnically because 300 years from 30BC to 300AD is not enough turns to make the Kushans a viable civilization during that period.

3. DC123456789

DC123456789 Deity

It would probably make more sense to spawn them as the Tocharians if you want them early, as the Kushans most likely originated there.

The Kushans would also generally fill the role of the invader empires that established themselves in Afghanistan and northern India throughout much of that period, including the Sakas and Hepthalites.

1SDAN and hnrysml like this.
  4. Ani Taneen

Ani Taneen Warlord

It could be said that the Kushan pose a greater threat to a Persian-Sassanian presence than just India.

Anyways I got a rough draft on the other thread:
    The Idea is to combine the Kushan With the Yuehzi migration from the tamir basin. To be honest if the UP stays the same, then the UHV 2 could ask you to convert empires, since your missionaries increase the relationship

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  5. Crimean Lord

Crimean Lord Warlord

I've allready written about spreading conseption "from Persia to Iran" to RUSSIA...
    In 860 - we have RUS's State and Kiev as the capital of this civilization (may be it will be AI civ - like Celts or Seljuks)
    But in the 1460 (may be ealier) there will RUSSIA (Moscow's State), also I want to propose alternative "UHV":
    1. "Prison of the nations" (control St. Peterburg, Warsaw, Kiev, Tiflis, Samarkand and Vladivostok) by 1860:king:
    2. "RED EMPIRE" (NO western civ's vassals in Asia and Africa in 1985; RUSSIA has at least 3 communistic vassals in 1985):mad:
    3. "PetroDollars" (earn at least 5000 gold using trading of resourses in the diplomacy screen):smoke:

soul-breathing likes this.
  6. soul-breathing

soul-breathing King

Good idea, the UHVs could be developed. Now the Russia from 860 to 1950, it' too long, 14XX is a good start year.

7. mccp77

mccp77 Warlord

I like this idea, but only if they can't exist contemporaneously. Ie -- Muscovy won't spawn if the Mongols don't kill Kievan Rus.

8. soul-breathing

soul-breathing King

Of course, just like Aztec and Mexico.

9. Kojinesha

Kojinesha Chieftain

I'd love to see a modern Israeli civilization. Before it spawns, perhaps have some resources appear around Jerusalem, like how the fish spawn near the dutch core before the dutch do. Add an additional food resource and a production, and I think it would be okay as a starting point.

Spawn in 1946. Flip entire Levant, or with bigger map, flip just Jerusalem and an extra city or two? Then make rest of Levant historical. Madagascar should be contested.
    UU: Shayetet. Replaces marine. Extra strength and/or first strikes?
    UB: Knesset. Replaces palace. Adds 10 or 15 % production and commerce to city to help make Jerusalem a good city? Maybe just extra happiness or something. Maybe military production bonus so they can train troops relatively fast with just one city?
    UP: I actually have no idea. Can run outdated civics with no stability penalty - to help run as a Jewish state? E.g. Run organized religion in the modern era with modern civics with no stability hit.

UHV 1: From the Nile to the Euphrates: Control Egypt, the Levant and Mesopotamia in 1967? Perhaps too early, but represents the six day war. Could always pick a different war, but the six day war had the biggest territorial change to modern Israel. Maybe 1982? 1946 to 1967 is only 23 turns to gain all that territory.
    UHV 2: (Insert name here) Spread Judaism to x amount of the world's population by 2000?
    UHV 3: Samson option: Control x amount of tactical nukes and ICBMs by 2015 or whatever year.

Or have friendly relations with x amount of countries by whatever date as a UHV.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  10. Ani Taneen

Ani Taneen Warlord

As I've stated before (which I have quoted below), the one city challenge does not work as well with Jerusalem as it does with other civs. But your proposal goes an extra mile. You are proposing an a-historical start.
    WHAT?
    Look I'm not gonna get into a discussion of Israeli history, thats not the point here. The point is that the problem lies with the map. One city challenges are fun in normal civ 4, because in normal civ 4, the cities can grow with unchallenged tiles all around them. In this game it is rare to have a city work all 20 tiles around it. And the solution is not "israel conquers lebanon in the Milkhemet Ha'Atzma'ut"

If you want a Jewish civ, again, see below where I propose the Kuzari be brought into the game (also Leoreth agrees that they are a good fit). Changes have been made to make a Jewish Poland Viable and I haven't tried Jewish Ethiopia, but I'd argue that that should be viable too.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
    1SDAN likes this.
  11. Kojinesha

Kojinesha Chieftain

All right, sorry.

12. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Stalin and Starlight, Stalling a Stallion

Whose core should it become?

ales_ likes this.
  13. Kojinesha

Kojinesha Chieftain

Oh you're right.

14. Force44

Force44 Prince

A jewish civilization would be interesting to play if there was some way to play with foreign cities in which you have a minority stake culture.

That way the diaspora could be represented (mimicking history).
    And the burdens of a one city challenge would be alleviated (providing more interesting gameplay).

I imagine playing with minority stake culture would strike at the heart of civ 4s and DoCs gameplay though.

15. Darnokthemage

Darnokthemage Chieftain

Well that's not what this mod is about, you should play vanilla if you want that experience.

16. Darnokthemage

Darnokthemage Chieftain

Gotta ask, what is the general consensous about Sweden in the mod? Is it a planned civ for the future or inpossible due to map? And what would the civs uu and historic goals be?

17. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

I thought the Vikings turn into Sweden in the late game?

18. Patine

Patine Deity

There are four modern nations (Sweden, Denmark, Norway, and Iceland) and two self-governing dependencies (Greenland and the Faroe Islands) directly descended from the Vikings, not just Sweden. But I'm not yet clear how this plays out in game.

19. mccp77

mccp77 Warlord

Last I heard it was planned but not a priority. Vikings would become Denmark when Sweden spawns.

1SDAN likes this.
  20. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

I got al playable version of Sweden locally. I plan to release it after the changes to the spawn mechanics.