What time is it ok to open a pint?

No beer until noon. No hard liquor until 4. After that drinking is allowed until you fall asleep.

Exceptions:
Unlimited drinking is allowed on a boat
Champagne doesn't count as alcohol
Bloody Marys allowed while on an an airplane

Brunch is allowed mixed drinks to this formula:
Base: 1 mixed drink
Modifiers:
+1 if romantic setting
-1 if familial setting
+1 if brunch deemed "fancy"
+1 if on vacation

Lunch allows mixed drinks and beer to this formula:
Base: 1 beer or mixed drink
Modifiers:
+1 if you've actually done something this morning
+1 if lunch deemed "fancy"

I started at 6AM on Southern Comforts once when my friend came round after being beaten up by her boyfriend and being arrested for being drunk and disorderly.

What? They call it a pint in Europe and Canada ? I thought they used the metric system. What would you call it in metric. (I know its just a figure of speech but still)

No beer until noon. No hard liquor until 4. After that drinking is allowed until you fall asleep.

Exceptions:

Modifiers:
+1 if romantic setting
-1 if familial setting
+1 if on vacation

Modifiers:
There is virtually nothing wrong with this list.

I have a personal policy of no hard liquor until the sun is down, but beyond that, it's perfect.

Exceptions:

Modifiers:
+1 if romantic setting
-1 if familial setting
+1 if on vacation

Modifiers:

Do the same rules for beer apply for cider?

What? They call it a pint in Europe and Canada ? I thought they used the metric system. What would you call it in metric. (I know its just a figure of speech but still)
A pint is 568ml, so it's often colloquially rounded off to 500ml. Pubs are the only place you really see an Old Money pint, though, most cans and bottles being sold as 500ml.

I have a personal policy of no hard liquor until the sun is down...
Perhaps worth observing that, in the UK, this would mean no hard liquor till after 10 in the summer, and as early as 5 in the winter. Perhaps not a universal, then. ;)

I have never heard the term 'open a pint' before. Generally I hear 'have a pint' but never that. Intresting. Anyways 12 noon is a good time.

You don't open pints, you pour them and neck them :D

If you have to ask, you have a problem. :p

Seriously it doesn't matter if you drink moderately. Your grandma sounds like she drank a little too much.

I have a personal rule on morning drinking:

Anyone who drinks in the morning without a reason, is an alcoholic.
Anyone (who drinks) who doesn't drink in the morning when they HAVE a reason, is dumb.

My favourite alcohol related law was that during the world cup, the city of toronto moved the alcohol permits an hour earlier, to 10 AM instead of 11 AM, so we could drink from the start of the 2nd match of the day instead of part way through it.

The unemployed should be doing something other than sitting around in the morning and drinking :)

You're an adult, you decide when you to drink.

And put the West Country out of business? It's all they've got, apart from the clotted cream! :sad:
Maybe the employees could go do something useful instead.

Top Bottom