What Video Games Have You Been Playing #12: Rage Quit - ain't my thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried out 911 Operator. Basically This Is The Police except entirely focused on the dispatch aspect of the game instead of the politics/story.
For a second I thought this was a game about crashing planes into buildings....
GTA III was going to have the hobos in the tunnel be a terrorist cell that was planning to have the player blow up a building by crashing a plane into it. The attacks on the WTC and elsewhere left them just enough time to cut that mission (and their leader Durkel) out, but the tunnel is still a free source of petrol bombs.

Just finished "Shadowrun : Dragonfall" and got my hands on "Hong Kong" immediately - story so far is amazing ! Characters are top notch too. Not a games for people who don't like reading though.
Let me know how it is. I ended up abandoning it about 3/4 of the way through because of some badly balanced maps/hacking and general bugginess. (Admittedly, I played it release weekend).

It's fun when you don't need to worry about dying. But cheats seem few and far between for the Shadowrun games.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey (yes I finally toughed it out and bought it) is arguably the greatest video game I've ever played in my life. That's not an exaggeration.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey (yes I finally toughed it out and bought it) is arguably the greatest video game I've ever played in my life. That's not an exaggeration.
Something tells me you are not particularly far in the game.

I preferred Origins myself. It's a shorter, tighter game with a better story, despite Odyssey being technically more accomplished.

Let me know how it is. I ended up abandoning it about 3/4 of the way through because of some badly balanced maps/hacking and general bugginess. (Admittedly, I played it release weekend).

I will ;) There's also a bonus campaign in the package - it's a continuation of a story. There are also probably multiple endings to this but I'll try to describe the choices. So far I've done just one misson : "serial killer" I am hugely impressed by it. Not only it has a great CSI/Detective flavor but I've managed to do that without firing a single shot ! (which is kinda amazing for a tactical combat game :D) I've recruited Gaichu - great character ! Who would have thought dev's came up with heavily armored ghoul samurai !! wicked !

Oh and I absolutely love my team ! :D Let's see :
- A teenage *mutant* rat *hero* Shaman :D and her pet rats Madness and Folly !
that's actually *orc* *runner* , ;) She's the "cool one" in the group and it's great to chill out with her and pass some stories.

- A shy, nice looking, polite, introvertic Dwarf girl decker, but not let her demeanor fool You. It's that grenade launcher kind of kindness. She'll blow You up without a second thought. A technological wizard specializing in explosives and ICE hacking :)

- A former Lone Star Security copper with anger management issues. He's a good guy and all, unless You anger or wrong him than from Mr. Nice Guy he turns into full of rage Orc berserker with an automatic weapon.

- A very charming, polite and well dressed man called Racter who's always up for a civilized conversation but in reality he's highly intelligent sociopathic *killer* ummm... I mean *rigger* with a mil-spec unique killer drone Koschei "The Deathless" With him in tow killing is like a form of art ... :satan:

- And finally honor-bound ghoul samurai. A former Renraku megacorp Red Samurai special forces - who gives a phrase "Tis' but a scratch, (...) I'll bite Your legs off !!" a whole new meaning.

Oh I feel like home ^^ though between them all I sometimes think I am more like a therapist rather than team leader :D

Spoiler The Team :) :

Last edited:
Yyyyyesss!!!!!! I finally beat Genesis Ep. I

@Ajidica have you played it yet?

In Minecraft I made a contraption (with modded blocks) that makes cobblestone and uses a dropper to shoot it into a barrel. It didn't work. Now my basement is full of cobblestone blocks.

Got started on PoE: Blight over the weekend, and I'm halfway through Act 6. So far, the Blight encounters are pretty fun, but the towers don't seem that important - the Ice and Stun ones are kinda nice to have, but overall, my character's strong enough to take the encounters without them.

Of course, that might well be due to the fact that said character is the freshly buffed Necromancer which, so far, is far and away the best league starter I've ever done. I've gone for fully loading up on minions, with 9 skellies and 2 carrion golems (there's a new passive node at the top of the tree that gives +1 golem) as my main offense, both with Feeding Frenzy support (plus others), and 7 zombies on Meat Shield to keep me safe plus a couple of the act 2 apes as specters to buff the team with frenzy charges (also on Meat Shield so they don't run off and die). My gear is, as with any SSF starter, is just the random crap that's dropped for me, yet I'm going through the content ridiculously fast - the last few bosses, I've spent more time waiting for them to switch phases than actually fighting. Maybe it'll slow down later when I start getting into maps, but for playing through the story Necro is kinda silly at the present.

In Minecraft I made a contraption (with modded blocks) that makes cobblestone and uses a dropper to shoot it into a barrel. It didn't work. Now my basement is full of cobblestone blocks.

I've never played Minecraft but my friend's son is all about cactus making machine nowadays ... whatever that means :D

Reviewers got to play Borderlands 3 and weren't impressed. They say it's more of the same and the new worlds just feel like re-skinned versions of Pandora without any real character. The pre-release version also has massive stability issues and Gearbox says the release version will have quite a large day-1 patch which isn't a good sign. The story and characterization and villains aren't as good as past entries either.

Reviewers got to play Borderlands 3 and weren't impressed. They say it's more of the same and the new worlds just feel like re-skinned versions of Pandora without any real character. The pre-release version also has massive stability issues and Gearbox says the release version will have quite a large day-1 patch which isn't a good sign. The story and characterization and villains aren't as good as past entries either.

I hold you responsible for me learning this.

I don't like Borderlands 2 that much...give me all these colorful, impressive guns, then make me shoot basic enemies like 20 times in the head with them. No thanks.

"More of Borderlands 2" is appealing to me, but not if the characters are bad. Ah well. I suppose it won't matter for a long while, given its exclusiveness to Epic Games.

I liked the Borderlands Pre-Sequel better than 2. Most people hate the low-gravity, low-air mechanics but I liked them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom