What Video Games Have You Been Playing #12: Rage Quit - ain't my thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, jokes aside, I prefer steaks well done too. It's just extremely nauseating to say it because there will inevitably be a half-dozen people who immediately come out of the woodwork and say things like what I said to Hobbs except unironically.

Same thing with cheating in games. So many people take it personally and act like you've committed a moral transgression near and dear to their heart.

An AI born from League of Legends chat logs is a one-way ticket to our extermination.
I'm pretty sure that there was an experiment with AI learning through chat, and it was shut down because it ended as something of a nazi :p

It's not so much boosting myself to be as strong as the AI as much as it is manipulating the game to ensure we are playing by the same rules. If a game lets the AI see the entire map but not the player, you better believe I'm going to find a cheat or mod that lets the player see the whole map too.
Having an often unreliable WiFi connection has made me play against the DotA bots this year far more than I used to. It's a bit weird; the bots have better coordination but are also remarkably short-sighted. They just don't seem to understand that if there is a player with invisibility and/or Boots of Travel then they shouldn't leave their towerless base alone for somebody to sneak in with Luna and destroy all their buildings.

Last edited:
Having an often unreliable WiFi connection has amde me play against the DotA bots this year far more than I used to. It's a bit weird; the bots have better coordination but are also remarkably short-sighted.

:lol:

I'm pretty sure that there was an experiment with AI learning through chat, and it was shut down because it ended as something of a nazi :p

To be fair, it only turned into a nazi because people knew it was a learning AI they were interacting with and decided it would be funnier to turn it into a nazi rather than take the whole thing seriously. Kinda like when Mountain Dew had that online poll in which the winning result would be the new name of Mountain Dew for like a year or something and the internet trolled it by making the winning result "Hitler Did Nothing Wrong".

Kinda like when Mountain Dew had that online poll in which the winning result would be the new name of Mountain Dew for like a year or something and the internet trolled it by making the winning result "Hitler Did Nothing Wrong".
Was that the one that had "Mountain Dew Diabeetus" as one of the finalists?

Didn't online people also get together to send some musician to do a concert in a small town in Alaska?

To be fair, it only turned into a nazi because people knew it was a learning AI they were interacting with and decided it would be funnier to turn it into a nazi rather than take the whole thing seriously. Kinda like when Mountain Dew had that online poll in which the winning result would be the new name of Mountain Dew for like a year or something and the internet trolled it by making the winning result "Hitler Did Nothing Wrong".
Also BoatyMcBoatface.

Didn't online people also get together to send some musician to do a concert in a small town in Alaska?

I think this happened to multiple artists; Beiber was the main one, but also Pitbull (perhaps Pitbull was first?) - additionally Taylor Swift's people held an online contest and the internet did its thing and voted to the top a school for the deaf. T-swizzle cancelled even though the school for the deaf was actually extremely excited and not trolled at all. Kinda sucky for those deaf students, but she also donated $50k or something to the school as a consolation?

True, but that's still fun and would still probably be a rather close approximation of the end result if it actually had to learn through LoL chat :p

Path of Exile launches the Blight league today! It is free to play. Go give it a try. It's an ARPG.

Path of Exile launches the Blight league today! It is free to play. Go give it a try. It's an ARPG.
I never really got started with my totems Templar that I talked about before. As somebody pointed out, maybe it was you, the edge you get from totems is mainly in numbers of them - one totem just isn't impressive - and I never got that far. So I might give that another shot. Alternatively, I've never played a Ranger or a Shadow beyond the first couple of zones.

I just bought Divinity: Original Sin 2 because it's only sale for 40% off. I've had my eye on this, but I didn't want to pay full price because there's a chance I'll find it extremely boring and not want to continue, but if I lost $25 that doesn't feel like a really big deal for me.

I never really got started with my totems Templar that I talked about before. As somebody pointed out, maybe it was you, the edge you get from totems is mainly in numbers of them - one totem just isn't impressive - and I never got that far. So I might give that another shot. Alternatively, I've never played a Ranger or a Shadow beyond the first couple of zones.

Both Poison Assassin and Mine Saboteur are the focus of reworks in Blight, with new skills and mechanics (which, based on past league's focuses, are likely to be pretty strong), so it's likely a good time to try a shadow if that appeals to you.

Personally, I'm gonna go with a Necromancer. Been meaning to play a summon based build for a while now, and the rework of that ascendancy makes it an obvious choice, especially as a SSF league starter.

I'm not enamored with Tower defense, so I'll probably farm a few Oni Goroshi to flip and see how the league goes. Having exalts early makes equipping easy. Totems this league should work well as with other minion builds. I've messaged you in game, but you haven't replied. :(

In Pokemon Go you get these 'gifts' from pokestops that you can send to friends. I always made a point to save the most interesting ones to send to @Synsensa but as my bike route is pretty much static, I was getting the same 5 gifts over and over again which made that hard. Then I had the idea that I can wait until I'm at the furthest point of my bike route to send gifts to my in-game friends, thereby clearing my inventory and allowing me to pick up new gifts from a part of my route that I usually don't get gifts from as I'm usually full-up by that point.

But then @Synsensa quit the game like literally the next day. :sad:

Both Poison Assassin and Mine Saboteur are the focus of reworks in Blight, with new skills and mechanics (which, based on past league's focuses, are likely to be pretty strong), so it's likely a good time to try a shadow if that appeals to you.

Personally, I'm gonna go with a Necromancer. Been meaning to play a summon based build for a while now, and the rework of that ascendancy makes it an obvious choice, especially as a SSF league starter.
Those builds should do well. I'll stick with melee, though. Who are you in game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom