What Video Games have you been playing #13 Now with CGA graphics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just seen an offer on Sid Meiir's Railroads, Railroad Tycoon II Gold, and Railroad Tycoon III together.
Back in the 90s I used to play Railroad Tycoon and it was great but I didn't like Railroad Tycoon II. It was like the difference between a toy train set and a model railway (and I much preferred the toy train set :D). Anyone played Railroads or Tycoon III and are they the sort of light, uncomplicated railroad building I'd like?

SM Railroads is toy trains. RT2, and even moreso RT3, serious econ simulations. The three pack, if cheap, is certainly a cool deal.

On a Discord server I'm on, they were talking about the Pokemon Sword/Shield leak.

Spoiler :
The animations are TERRIBLE. :dubious:
Yeah the pushback against the game is fierce but it'll probably still sell a billion copies. Leakers have definitively proved that the models used for the Pokemon have not changed since X and Y on the 3DS. The animations are terrible, the backgrounds in the environment is ugly and lame, the environments themselves are empty and the way Pokemon pop into the world and wander aimlessly (and hover instead of fly and float instead of swim) is just ugly. It's basically another 3DS game with a stripped down Pokedex and a lot of features cut.

I was told before that anyone who complains about the problems seen in Sword and Shield don't understand how Pokémon games are developed.

Instead of one company developing the game, there are three companies.
Three companies own the totality of Pokemon IP but only one (GameFreak) develops the main games. GameFreak is a very small studio with Pokemon as their tent pole revenue stream but they've been lately trying to get into mobile games. There are accusations that this has distracted and split their small development team and that they failed to adequately staff up for a AAA console game in the first place.

You know, why couldn't they...hire other people to focus on the mobile games so they themselves could focus on the console games? I doubt they're crying for money.

Three companies own the totality of Pokemon IP but only one (GameFreak) develops the main games.

The way that it was told to me is that Game Freak, Nintendo and The Pokémon Company are involved in the development of the games. They did then say they didn't understand why everyone was complaining about the graphics because the style of the graphics fit the game.

The way that it was told to me is that Game Freak, Nintendo and The Pokémon Company are involved in the development of the games. They did then say they didn't understand why everyone was complaining about the graphics because the style of the graphics fit the game.

The 'horrible animation' I saw was of a Pokemon turning to walk away.

Spoiler :
But they're just doing a basic walking animation while rotating around on an axis. (Here's a Twitter post someone on the Discord posted, if you don't care about spoilers.)

Seeing everyone trying to justify it in the comments is honestly the best part.

Three companies own the totality of Pokemon IP but only one (GameFreak) develops the main games. GameFreak is a very small studio with Pokemon as their tent pole revenue stream but they've been lately trying to get into mobile games. There are accusations that this has distracted and split their small development team and that they failed to adequately staff up for a AAA console game in the first place.

Game Freak is privately held so I'm not sure how to tell if corporate governance is contributing to the problems.

Game Freak is privately held so I'm not sure how to tell if corporate governance is contributing to the problems.
Yeah hard to tell if the trio even thinks there are any problems. It's the most profitable franchise on Earth and pretty much everything they touch turns to gold.

I think he's so ‘into’ it already that he didn't even finish the sentence. Man, that game's addictive.

So far I've been finding excuses not to install even the OpenMorrowind version (because playing a game with one single tweak changed somewhere is, as any gamer knows, as good as playing an entirely new game).

Into a more respectable game this evening. Age of Wonder III. Let's see how much damage I can cause to my reputation tonight. :lol:

Ended buying Humble monthy for Portia because its cost like a few dollar more then from the cheapest CDKey site. Not worth the Steam store price of $45 but as part of the humble bundle $12 its worth picking up discounted

So far Iam enjoying the game, its very much like Harvest Moon Rune Factory

Resource collection and building, dungeon running and rpg elements, plus there not the pressure of a time limit like Harvest moon games to make money within a year. Progression is as fast or slow as you want.

Last edited:
Hearing the cry of the silt strider when landing in Seyda Neen after a long absence is like returning home and re-experiencing all those childhood sounds and smells.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom