What Video Games have you been playing #13 Now with CGA graphics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried for a long time to git gud at War Thunder. Then I realized I was so bad I was a liability to my team and that gitting gud would take as much effort as a second job, so I'm going to quit.

Tried for a long time to git gud at War Thunder. Then I realized I was so bad I was a liability to my team and that gitting gud would take as much effort as a second job, so I'm going to quit.

We'll you alway play on the Asian server instead, plenty of baddies, and the rest are just interested in maximizing exp / grind efficiency rather getting good. You pretty much have to invest several hours a day and getting hardcore. No room for casuals at the higher tiers.

We'll you alway play on the Asian server instead, plenty of baddies, and the rest are just interested in maximizing exp / grind efficiency rather getting good. You pretty much have to invest several hours a day and getting hardcore. No room for casuals at the higher tiers.
I figure that I already have one job; why take on a second for no pay?

What are you running it on?
A windows 10 laptop. The game runs fine, the controls are just bad and extremely archaic. They are bad enough that I don't want to invest in the muscle memory to use them effectively. Actually, while the game itself runs fine, the cut-scenes are a parade of screen-tearing artifacts and are unwatchable. I don't mind that; really it's the crappy UI that was an instant turn off.

I pulled Faster Than Light off the digital shelf. I hadn't played it in 5 years but it's a pretty fun game. It's extremely difficult which is not my favorite. It's also heavily dependent on pure luck, which I'm also not a fan of. I am using a save editor to cheat and now the task at hand is to figure out where the line is between cheating just enough to really have fun and win versus making it a cakewalk.

There's tonnes of dirt-cheap games on GOG right now. You'd be totally spoilt for choice.
Yes but I'm picky and I'm not willing to spend more than $10, which limits it quite a lot. There were a bunch of games at $15 I was interested but at the end of the day I decided to just save my money and continue my rotation through my collection. I have a few games I didn't give a fair chance or didn't play much for whatever reason and I'm trying them out.

I have Majora's Mask on the Wii which I think is due for a completion. I didn't have that one growing up and though I've rented it in the past and have it on Wii, I've never beaten it.

Last edited:

If thats how you think of the game maybe you need to find another one. :dubious:

If thats how you think of the game maybe you need to find another one. :dubious:
Yeah, that's the plan. I don't want to have to spend months practicing and losing and sit through hours of tutorial videos made by players.

Have either of you ever tried aces high? Just curious what your thoughts are compared to war thunder.

A windows 10 laptop. The game runs fine, the controls are just bad and extremely archaic. They are bad enough that I don't want to invest in the muscle memory to use them effectively. Actually, while the game itself runs fine, the cut-scenes are a parade of screen-tearing artifacts and are unwatchable. I don't mind that; really it's the crappy UI that was an instant turn off.
Hmmm. Since I'm running it either on tweakable WiNe or natively on Windows XP I don't know what's going on, but from what you're saying I can definitely tell that there is something going on.

*cue megahit by Frida, I know*

Having got my Civ3 Conquests Hall of Fame working properly some months back, I've been idly (re)playing through the Firaxis Conquests, in between playing all my other C3C games-on-the-go. Tonight I just won the WWII Pacific Conquest (again, but this time as the USA)...

C3C HoF completed.png

...and was rewarded with a short victory movie, featuring Sid-Meier-in-a-toga and Probably-one-of-the-other-Civ3-programmers-who-I-wouldn't-know-from-Adam-in-a-Roman(?)-helmet, congratulating me for my achievement ("You are the king of Conquests!"). A video which, having never poked around in the bowels of my .../Conquests/Art/ folder, I had no idea that it existed until today.

I don't remember ever reading anything about it over the past 10 years *gulp* that I've been a member here, which is quite an achievement in itself -- considering the embarrassingly large amount of the text in the Civ3 forum that I have read (and contributed to, in my own small part).

I assume it's one of the files in here:

Conquests vic-movie location.png

So of course to validate my experience, I immediately had to share it on F***B**k tell you folks about it. Out of curiosity, I also went and looked for it on YouTube, and... I can't find it there either. I mean, sure, it's only about 30 seconds long, and not nearly as pleasing as the Space-ship victory movie (which has been uploaded, BTW), but srsly, no-one ever uploaded it in the last 15 years...? Like, ever...?

Go to the Civ3 forums and ask around.

I'll just leave it here , it's about Fallout , I'll let You decide if it's good or not ;)

Last edited:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I've been playing a little bit of House Party lately. It's a weird little game where the object is to make flippy floppy with various women at a party. Sadly, the protagonist in the game is male, which is harder for me to relate to in this case (though I don't usually care), but it's still pretty fun and the graphics are good. It's an interesting diversion at least.

It's sort of humorous to see some of the pick up lines offered in game. I know how to pick up a woman in RL, but in this game I do dismally. But, since its from a guy's perspective, I seem to be doing it all wrong. Maybe I'll try to use all those cheesy lines that guys use on me. Maybe I'll get to the end game and figure out what to do with the extra parts my character has. :lol:

I'm astonished by how many people actually got that game, it looks so trashy. And yet, no judgment, because I was interested in it myself. I pulled myself away from the brink, though.

I'm astonished by how many people actually got that game, it looks so trashy. And yet, no judgment, because I was interested in it myself. I pulled myself away from the brink, though.
It was on a wicked Steam sale and it looked fun. I was hoping for an option to play as a female protagonist because that would make the most sense for me, obviously. Still, it's good trashy fun.

Well if it's on a wicked steam sale maybe I'll revisit...

On a Discord server I'm on, they were talking about the Pokemon Sword/Shield leak.

Spoiler :
The animations are TERRIBLE. :dubious:

Well if it's on a wicked steam sale maybe I'll revisit...
I got it a few months ago. It was $4.95 CDN. I couldn't resist.

Technically you could get paid if you livestreamed it and got good enough that people want to watch you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom