What Video Games Have You Been Playing? Eight times I've died...

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can't see the difference between 30fps and 60fps then there's something wrong with your eyes/brain.

If you can't see the difference between 30fps and 60fps then there's something wrong with your eyes/brain.
I've forgotten what 60fps looks like, i'm can barely get 30fps out of any game....stupid laptop.

To say the truth i dont see much difference between 30 and 60fps in my monitor, maybe because i use a low quality TV, in VR however fps is paramount, go under 90 and things start to feel uncomfortable, go under 60 and...:vomit:

Decided to give Offworld Trading Company a go. No idea how I really feel about it, given that it's bug-riddled and its performance is trash. It's not a highly demanding game so I figure this is just usual Stardock nonsense.

As it stands right now, there is no way to suss out whether or not I like it as the screen freezes 15 minutes in although the game continues to run. I'm sure it's a very fun game. :dunno:

Why are you gaming on a laptop?
Because my main tower need a new Hard drive, Motherboard and PSU.....
My backup tower only has 1gb ram(it ate the other 1gb stick and the 2gb stick), a power supply that makes high-pitched squealing noises depending on load, no cd-drive, fried network card and a broken case held together by the mainboard tray. Yet it still somehow boots windows XP without problems. I'll get a new tower when i have money, which should be sometime around summer 2056.

I… like playing video games, and I can play games on Linux.

I… like playing video games, and I can play games on Linux.
Yeah, but you gotta fiddle and diddle with them to get the games to run, IF they will run at all.

Linux won't run bethesda games, i mean, they barely run on windows which they were designed for. And i've yet to find anything that comes close in terms of openness and moddibility.

Playing on either Linux or a laptog is clearly suboptimal.
Also, playing on something smaller than a 40 inch TV is suboptimal too.

True Gamers© PC Master Race !

that comment won't be favorably interpreted

anyway I've reinstalled world of warships and it's a blast

I've finally finished Anachronox. I tried to play it years ago and got as far as the final boss when it crashed. This time I had no problems (except for low frame rate in one part of the game that was simple to fix) and I played it with a widescreen mod.

Linux won't run bethesda games, i mean, they barely run on windows which they were designed for.

I've been told more than once that modern Bethesda games from Oblivion onward are designed for the Xbox and then ported to the PC.

The UI looks like it, certainly.

At simulation forums everybody post his system specs in his signature. Those guys are pure PC aryans. This forum on the other hand is full of PC jews, gypsies and mulattoes.

Don't forget the slavs.

Still on Stellaris. My "friendship" with the slaving despot fox people to my right is deteriorating after I saved some of their planets from genocide and conquered half of our munutual fanatial purifier enemies' territory, homeworld included.
Ungrateful bastards have cancelled the on-aggression pact and are now claiming my new systems. It was probably just a matter of time given our ideological differences and the large border we now share, and the common threat isn't much of a threat any more.
Just as well. Their tech and military power are inferior to mine, and they have some nice resources...
I've also started building black sites in many of my space stations. Goes against my fanatical egalitarianism, but what are you going to if you just took over some planets full of militaristic xenophobes ? There are already two nasty factions I'm surpressing.
Oh, and the local Keepers of Knowledge really like me now because I gave them a scientists, but that's also going to change soon. I've already turned my people into cyborgs and are about to research AI.

Well, when playing as my Illithid empire (spiritualist fanatic xenophobe oceanic molluscoids), I just run a psionic police state with heavy use of slave processing centres and military command bases.

Naturally, I have two L-Gates within my territory and I border the fallen materialists, because why would the universe give an empire of expansionist slaving zealots an even break?

Well, when playing as my Illithid empire (spiritualist fanatic xenophobe oceanic molluscoids), I just run a psionic police state with heavy use of slave processing centres and military command bases.

Naturally, I have two L-Gates within my territory and I border the fallen materialists, because why would the universe give an empire of expansionist slaving zealots an even break?

L-Gates ? Those old gateways you sometimes find ?
I know they have an event chain with Distant Stars but do they do something without that DLC ? Wormhole Navigation comes reasonably early, but I haven't had a chance to do/research anything with gateways yet.

The L-Gates are the unique gateways that you can't open without extensive research and can be a really bad idea to try opening unprepared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom