What video games have you been playing V: the return of the subtitle

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been practicing my Rocket League skills. I'm starting to not suck :p

I swear every teammate in Rocket League has a personal quest to constantly ride my ass up and down the field. Learn about rotation and positioning fool, stop crowding me and messing up my hits!

Oh come on! Even when I win this mission it still mocks me.

Oh come on! Even when I win this mission it still mocks me.

You gotta hit that par time. If I remember right, the game gives different after mission text depending on whether or not you finished within the par time.

Yeah, I know that. I missed by 3 minutes.

If you go online with an actual bunch of actual friends and maybe even restrict the server to them, it can be. If you just go on on your own to play with other randoms, it's pretty awful. It basically consists of other people constantly trying to kill you for no real reason with massively overpowered weapons that you have no chance of getting your hands on when you're a new, low-level character, whilst calling you a ":) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :)" over the headset. And that's when they're not using hacks to just screw you around in stupid ways you can't do anything about. I tried it for a few days and the just gave up on it, no fun at all for me.

The sad thing is that all the best character customisations and buyable property are exclusively for online characters. You don't get to do much of that with the main game characters at all.
Yeah this seems to be the general impression I'm getting. I.e. that GTA5 online is pretty much the most fun you can have online if played with the right people. But equally lame if played with the wrong people. I'll stick to the story mode for now.

Playing Witcher 3 NG+ on Death March has made me extremely good at the dodge/slash/roll combat in that game. It is infuriating at first, but once you are good at it it is super fun to run circles around several enemies which can kill you in 3 hits.

Finished my playthrough of the GDI campaign of Command & Conquer (you all should totes check it out in the link in my sig wink, wink, wink). I'm taking a break from C&C though, and I'm thinking about doing a few videos with actual commentary. So I'm thinking of a nice laid back game where I can easily talk without having to focus too hard on playing the game. I'm thinking either an FPS or a turn-based strategy game.

Any suggestions?

I don't even like sports games really but it's the bomb.

>26.3 hrs last two weeks (really just one week though)

I used to play a game on DOS/Win95 that was a lot like that Rocket League game, 20ish years ago. It was shareware, I remember.

Now, remembering those times: As you may have heard, I'm playing Fallout again. Not the new ones, but the very original one from '97. It was just to see whether WiNE worked properly but I got hooked. Bloody hell, that game holds up after 20 years. There's so many others I haven't ever bothered to play again…

What type of game is it?

Besides Civ5 I am considering Shattered Union, Civ BE, Starships, Starship Troopers, Homefront, and Warhammer 40k Armageddon.

Oh, dude, Shattered Union is a game I played a lot as a kid. Definitely didn't age too well, tbh, but I still have fond memories since I thought it was the absulote bomb being able to wage war in and around Albany and places I knew.

I'd love to see you do a Lets Play of that, if you did it as New England Alluance ;)

Oh, dude, Shattered Union is a game I played a lot as a kid. Definitely didn't age too well, tbh, but I still have fond memories since I thought it was the absulote bomb being able to wage war in and around Albany and places I knew.

I'd love to see you do a Lets Play of that, if you did it as New England Alluance ;)

I don't know. I live in Cincinnati, which is Great Plains Federation territory. I don't know if I could go against my peeps.

Although, I do love the New England Alliance's unique tank, the FCS Bragg I think, so that might tempt me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom