What Video Games Have You Been Playing VI: Because There Are No Elections In Video Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
You only "need" to get planetary habitability up to 100% - anything else and you're just collecting xp and Nexus points. With five main worlds though, I'd definitely recommend going elsewhere if you get bored (or simply not playing it for a while, of course).

Actually I was under the impression you don't need to get viability to 100% at all. If I play again, I wasn't planning on it. I grew frustrated after not being able to find a way in the Kett base on Eos, there was a force field or something blocking it. I don't have the patience to try and climb mountains looking for a way in. I was hoping that would get me close to 100%. But to be honest, I don't care anymore. Screw these people. Why must I do everything. I'm thawing these colonists out for a reason, time for them to do some work. Seriously if the story were more engrossing, I would be more tempted to finish this game. The boring companions don't help. They are too nice sometimes, I think it would be cool if you had a companion that was in your face and fairly hostile towards you and the choices you make. These companions don't care at all.

She thought Miranda was a better option because she, and I quote, "has the best boobs".
I think I chose Miranda for that reason, her posterior isn't nothing to sneeze at as well, perhaps her best asset. As for personality, she mellows out a bit if you romance her. Tali is too young, and how would sex with her even be possible? I suppose you could have a celibate type love, but that would lead to some frustrating evenings in the bathroom taking care of things yourself. But I do love Tali's voice. Give me Tali's voice and personality and Miranda's body.

I think I chose Miranda for that reason, her posterior isn't nothing to sneeze at as well, perhaps her best asset. As for personality, she mellows out a bit if you romance her. Tali is too young, and how would sex with her even be possible? I suppose you could have a celibate type love, but that would lead to some frustrating evenings in the bathroom taking care of things yourself. But I do love Tali's voice. Give me Tali's voice and personality and Miranda's body.

As Akka says, they do have sex and Tali uses immuno-boosers. She does get a bit of a cold afterwards though. I also don't see her as being too young. She's something like 21 or 22 and Shepard is somewhere between 29 and 32. A bit of an age gap, but not enough to be creepy or weird in my opinion.

And I eventually did the Miranda romance on subsequent playthroughs, and I still find her to be too cold personality-wise even after she mellows out.

What disturbs me the most about Miranda is her face.
You'd think a gene-perfect woman wouldn't have these weird features.

What disturbs me the most about Miranda is her face.
You'd think a gene-perfect woman wouldn't have these weird features.

And they messed her up even more in ME3. I can't quite put my finger on it, but something about her look in ME3 just comes off as homely and unkempt.

And they messed her up even more in ME3. I can't quite put my finger on it, but something about her look in ME3 just comes off as homely and unkempt.

Meanwhile I feel like I am the only person who thinks Ashley looked better in 1/2 than she did with her makeover

Anno 2070 and Anno 2205. I try to vote in the elections at least once a month!

Also, I love sci-fi, economic games, and strategy games.

Meanwhile I feel like I am the only person who thinks Ashley looked better in 1/2 than she did with her makeover
Ashley never survived any of my walkthrough, so I never was able to compare :D

It always seemed like in 2/3 she received a healthy bout of plastic surgery. Which I guess is something soldiers do in ME era humanity? :p

Maybe her face got fried by aliums and they had to reconstruct it?

I don't really know how the Mass Effect universe works.

Oh you certainly don't need 100% on any of them, but you do get a nod at the end of Andromeda's story if you've done that on all five planets.

Is it because they truly think different, or just because their translators sucked ? :p
:scan: That's the part about the war with the Vasudans in the Freespace I backstory, silly.

Currently installing the Mass Effect trilogy after spending about an hour getting the ****ing Origin thingy to work, and i thought Steam was annoying.

Currently installing the Mass Effect trilogy after spending about an hour getting the ****ing Origin thingy to work, and i thought Steam was annoying.
And people wonder why many have no moral problems with using... others means to get the games :p

Here's the thing about Origin: Dont insrall it from a game disc or it will try to update and fail. Instead download and install the latest version of Origin snd then install the game.
I spent too much time shouting at the screenn when I reinsralled Inquisition a few months ago before I figured that out.
Other than that, it's hardly worse than steam wuth the eexception of a missing language setting. Have zo install Otigin in Enhlish to download the games in English.
At least EA gives out free games somewhat frequently.

"Sorry, you cannot connect origin to the internet until origin has been updated and origin cannot update until it connects to the internet"
I did get it working though.
-edit: Now the Game wants to update....

Speaking of ME romance options, no mention of Liara? I think she has the sweetest voice, even better than Tali's voice. It's just the Asari version of sex doesn't appeal to me as how humans do it. :D.
As for the guys, I think I chose Kaiden in ME1 for my femshep, and I can't even recall who I chose in 2 and 3. The men must have been pretty forgettable. And as much as I love Garrus, the alien sex thing doesn't appeal to me. All those bones would be uncomfortable for the woman I'd imagine.

Ashley never survived any of my walkthrough, so I never was able to compare :D
Well sometimes I don't like Kaiden's whining, so he take the hit in 1. Plus every time I hear his voice I think he's Carth, another whiner. Both both human characters suffer from being bland, and other than romance options, they are useless to me since I take the aliens with me on missions almost always.

Well currently I'm back to Civ6 since ME: Andromeda is on hold for me. Got vacation coming up, so don't want to start something big anyways. And ME: A is too big.

I thought that the Liara romance was basically the default in ME1. :)

I am going to start boycotting paradox. Not sure if you guys heard the news, but paradox jacked the prices up of all their games (I mean all their games, including games like EUIII and VicI that came out a decade ago) and DLC in developing countries (basically every region besides those that use USD, EUR, or Sweden itself) because they thought the game's prices didn't accurately represent the "purchasing power" of said countries. They literally doubled the prices of some games in countries like Russia, putting the value of certain games at more than the average month's salary in the country. Brazil is another country that is effected by unreasonable price hikes, as their purchasing power has actually been rapidly deteriorating. Basically, pdox is price gouging the fans in more vulnerable countries, and I don't want to give paradox anymore money.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/price-increase.1022680/

In unrelated news, offworld trading company is pretty great, and Io just dropped, and while I haven't got the DLC, I played a few games on Io and I have to say it's a much different experience than Mars/Ceres (which those two are pretty similar relatively speaking). A lot of the resource chains are completely thrown on their head, particularly that oxygen and fuel are now raw resources and water is something you have to produce. That seriously changes the dynamics of the game, since you need to produce water by endgame or you're going to go broke from life support costs. Not a fan of nomadic HQs; while building with silicon instead of steel is actually a huge advantage (it's actually better than building with carbon, since silicon is more common and can be refined to glass, which is probably the most consistent of the final three goods), I don't find much use in returning claims, and the lack of a resource stockpile at start is a huge disavantage which causes your start to be a lot slower. In fact, I would say the slow start actually negates the advantage of building with silicon. :\

Elite, I haven't really gotten a chance to play around with too much (the only chance I got to play as them was in a 1v1, and that's not really indicative of anything since the standard match size is either 4 or 8 players), but they don't have any glaring weakness besides that your bonuses only kick in at the late game. Ignoring the patent race and just being able to license the patents they want seems really powerful, I can definitely see some combos with particularly the Martian patents. As a fan of the almightly pleasure dome, I'm interested in having better pleasure domes as well.

Looking to buy Io when the summer sale hits, along with some of the other OTC DLC. I've been putting so much time into the game now, that I can justify buying some of it.

You aren't the only one...

I am going to start boycotting paradox.

I've been boycotting them for a while now simply because I find their games to not be any fun to play. The only exception would be Sword of the Stars and they were just the publishers of that game, Kerberos was the developer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom