What would you change? The worst ending thread.

I'd delete about 70% of Sliders

The TAS episode "The Counter-Clock Incident" says that Captain Robert April was the first Captain of the Enterprise. Pike followed April, and Kirk followed Pike. There is no mention of Archer anywhere in that progression.

But it's not the same Enterprise...

The Canterbury Tales

I hated the ending to Monty Python so much that I've never watched it a second time. (I am being completely serious).

I had to read sections of it in school and I quite liked it but I never read the whole thing. How does it end?

(Also: REMEMBER THE CANT!)
It was a lit-major joke. It doesn't end. Chaucer sets it up that each of thirty pilgrims will tell two tales on the way to Canterbury and two back. He wrote twenty-odd tales, not even one for each pilgrim.

I hated the ending to Monty Python so much that I've never watched it a second time. (I am being completely serious).
Which Monty Python movie? There were four...

Monty Python and the Holy Grail. I hated the ending to it so much that I never bothered watching any other of the Monty Python movies.

I'd delete about 70% of Sliders
I'd start changing it in the second season to have better scripts so John Rhys-Davies wouldn't get so fed up with them.

I would absolutely not have the Kro-maggs in the series, Arturo would not be killed off, and there would be no Maggie or any of the boring characters that came after her.

And I'd have an episode in which they slide into a world where everything was Greek (there was a throwaway line in one episode where Rembrandt grumbled that if they ended up in a Greek-speaking world, the Professor and Quinn would be the only ones who could understand anything).

I actually started writing a fanfic based on that... and made it a campy crossover with Xena: Warrior Princess. The basic background is that Alexander the Great didn't die young; he conquered the entirety of Asia to the Pacific, and kept on going to the New World. Fast-forward 2300 years, and there you have California with all the trappings of ancient Athens (sorry, @Kyriakos, but this is Xena I'm talking about, where none of the history-related episodes are remotely accurate ;)).

Oh, and Ares takes exception to Arturo informing him that the Greek gods were just myths. Arturo finds out otherwise. *evilgrin*

I think I'd change the ending of the Jackson Return of the King film to include the Scouring of the Shire, but maybe not.

Actually out of all the differences, that was the only one that bothered me. What would another hour have mattered. :lol:

Actually out of all the differences, that was the only one that bothered me. What would another hour have mattered. :lol:

I dunno, I can kinda see why they left the Scouring out, it would have been a jarring discontinuity in tone. I think at the very least I'd add some scenes of them traveling back to the Shire, with the Fellowship peeling off at various points and Gandalf going to have a talk with Treebeard. Maybe some Frodo or even Sam narration explaining what happened to our beloved characters.

OTOH I'm not sure what I'd cut out, probably some of the Orc/battle scenes that appear to have no function except flexing Jackson's experience directing horror films.

They still would have had the final goodbye sequence. I agree with you but I wanted to see it.
And since that was my only real complaint, I still think no one else will ever do it any better.

They still would have had the final goodbye sequence. I agree with you but I wanted to see it.

You mean the final goodbye at the Havens, which is actually in the movie, right?

And since that was my only real complaint, I still think no one else will ever do it any better.

Yeah, I think it's pretty unlikely. The only thing that will surpass it is if they give it the BBC miniseries treatment, which would be "cheating" as it wouldn't be film adaptations. I'm still holding out for my 600-episode scene-for-scene anime adaptation

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy

Instead of 15 endings one after the other, I would just have like maybe 3 endings max.

Star Wars Episode 1 - A Phantom Meance

As he lays dying, Qui-Gon requests to Obi-Wan that he does not train Anakin. After Obi-Wan refuses to agree Qui-Gon reveals that he is not really dying and that he was conspiring with Darth Maul all along. Darth Maul appears and disappears as a hologram, then re-appears from behind a corner in one piece. Obi-wan ends up fighting them both and killing Qui-Gon, while Darth Maul gets away in the process.

Palpatine is elected as the new supreme chancellor, while several star systems break away from the Republic and a civil war breaks out. Jar Jar is revealed to be a shape-shifting bad guy who Anakin ends up defeating with the aid of a pod racing engine.

Instead of 15 endings one after the other
Did anyone here ever see the Clue movie (based on the Parker Brothers board game)?

It had multiple endings, and when the movie first came out, you had to watch it at a different theatre if you wanted to see a different ending. The movie had three, and the novel had four. Since we only had two theatres in town at that time, I didn't get to see the third until the movie was released on VHS (all three endings were included).

Did anyone here ever see the Clue movie (based on the Parker Brothers board game)?

I did, but on TV, so it had all the endings, one after another. At the time, I wasn't aware why it wasn't called Cluedo.

Top Bottom