What year did you begin using your screen name.

Errrrmmmm...

2003?

And nothin was going on. That was the point.

I used it as an email address starting in the middle 90s. Don't recall the exact year.

This screen name? When I joined this forum.

I first used the name shortly after I started playing Civ II: Test of Time. I first used it online when I joined here, 9 years ago.

1981. In high school, my best friend and I deliberately chose nicknames for the yearbook that nobody had ever actually called us. I took it from the title of an album by The Residents.

Cant remember the year but I took my nickname, added an extra V because too common otherwise, and used it since my very first forum. Think it was around 2003-2004.

This is the short form of Hygroscope, my AOL screen name from 1996.

1998. I remember being explained the concept of usernames back in the day and thought back to the mid 90's the alternative French version of my first name my French teacher game me when I couldn't find mine in a list of French versions of popular names.

This one, 2007, when I joined CFC. I tend to use different screen names for different services. For a civ-related site I wanted something Roman-related. A relatively unknown emperor who didn't have an infamous legacy and had a good enough name seemed adequate.

This is the first forum I signed up for, so 2006 when I joined.

Since then, I have found other people have used this name or variations on it on other forums, so it's not as original as it once was.

This was the first place I started using Commodore. I'm starting to hate it though because people always think it is a reference to the Commodore64 when it was really inspired by the naval rank Commodore.

Top Bottom