• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

[R&F] When will you be buying Rise and Fall?

When will you be buying Rise and Fall?

• I'll be buying it at launch.

Votes: 49 17.4%
  • I'm cautiously optimistic. I'll buy it at launch if the reviews are good.

Votes: 16 5.7%
  • I'm distrustful of video game journalism. I'll buy it later on, if the fan reception is good.

Votes: 23 8.2%
  • I'm a cynic. I'll wait for the patches to fix the bugs and balancing issues before buying.

Votes: 22 7.8%
  • I'm strongly displeased with Civ6 or 2K's business model. I'll never buy it.

Votes: 12 4.3%
  • I'm waiting to hear more about it before I make my decision.

Votes: 26 9.3%
  • I'm feeling risky. I'll preorder it.

Votes: 84 29.9%
  • I'm not trying to miss out. I'll preorder it if there's a preorder bonus.

Votes: 49 17.4%

• Total voters
What is the advantage of preordering? I don't really get it.

What's the disadvantage of preordering? Why not preorder if you fully intend on buying the game on day one anyways. Assuming you aren't broke of course.

The only disadvantage would be if the world ended in 3 weeks from a nuclear catastrophe. In that case, you may have other pressing needs.

What's the disadvantage of preordering? Why not preorder if you fully intend on buying the game on day one anyways. Assuming you aren't broke of course.

The only disadvantage would be if the world ended in 3 weeks from a nuclear catastrophe. In that case, you may have other pressing needs.

Maybe getting a Buggy, unplayable game at launch? :p

To help them with their cashflow.
To cock a snook at the naysayers, and those who put "fanboy" in their
poll questions.

That didn't really answer anything.

Everything you said is neutral at best. I could turn it right back at you. Why preorder if it'll be the same if I am going to buy it anyways?

And a disadvantage would be if the expansion turns out poor or unplayable.

Last edited:
I'll be preordering or at least buying on the day of release.

The thing with Civ games is that that so long as you enjoy the base gameplay, every little addition just exponentially increases the possibility space. The game already feels so much bigger than it did at launch with just the DLC. A whole expansion or two plus (hopefully) more DLC is going to make this game really wonderful and interesting.

Everything you said is neutral at best. I could turn it right back at you. Why preorder if it'll be the same if I am going to buy it anyways?

As I have said in my post, personally the advantage for me is because of our falling currency. I take advantage of the exchange rates now than buying it later.

But I will be pissed if there will be a discount for this xpac before launch.

Also, you are right that it will be disadvantageous if the xpac turns out poor or unplayable. But what are the chances? 50-50? I will take the risk.

maybe when it's $5

civ6 is so bad that it isn't even enjoyable in multiplayer. i'm not in a rush to play against firaxis' clueless AI

Where is the "I already per-ordered" choice?

Everything you said is neutral at best. I could turn it right back at you. Why preorder if it'll be the same if I am going to buy it anyways.
You've answered your own question then. There isn't an advantage but if you're going to buy it at launch anyway then there isn't a disadvantage either, so why does it matter? :dunno:

I dislike far to many design decisions to continue to support the product. I won't be buying it until I've thoroughly tested it, to know if I would get enough value or not.

Perhaps I wasn't clear. I was comparing preordering with buying on the day of release. I'm not comparing it to waiting for reviews or word of mouth. So in my original example, the game can be poor or unplayable either way. If you are going to just buy the game on release, may as well preorder it. There is one exception though. As with the original game, they may let Youtbuers like Quill18 have an early access so we can see their gameplay on Youtube. That's the big reason why I preordered Civ6 because I saw the gameplay, and I knew I liked it. So I can understand people wanting to wait until more information is release and possibly some early access videos.

Top Bottom