When words get in the way, Bush goes phonetic

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Damnyankee, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Jawz II

Jawz II Oh Dear

:lol:

All those people who kept saying "oh he only plays dumb so people let his other misstakes slide", I guess they know better now.

2. Irish Caesar

Irish Caesar Yellow Jacket

Would it be many times dumber to not have the pronunciations written out? Isn't it better that he knows he might not say one of them right, and rather than embarrass himself by mis-speaking, he does what he can to make sure he doesn't slip up?

The guy already knows public speaking isn't his strong point; he's got the sense to try and do a little better with it.

3. Perfection

Perfection The Great Head.

Isn't this an impeachable offense?

4. bathsheba666

bathsheba666 Fast 'n Bulbous

That would be foh-net-ticks, I guess.

Very funny nevertheless.

5. JollyRoger

JollyRoger Slippin' Jimmy Supporter

I don't think it's a big deal. The President recognizes that he may have issues with proper pronunciation and he is taking reasonable steps to address the problem. Too bad he doesn't apply such common sense to the other aspects of his job.

6. Damnyankee

Damnyankee Honest Abe

Yes, Iran must never get Nukeuler weapons.

7. Mise

Mise isle of lucy

So why does it sound like it is?

I really hope that it actually said "a friend" and "target of US human rights criticism" next to Nicolas Sarkozy's and Robert Mugabe's name. That really would make my day. (Yes it's been a slow day.)

"For the love of God, George, he's on our side!!"

8. BaneBlade

BaneBlade Prince

Just STFU and let us make fun off him. what's your problem, did you vote for him?
    There are many funny idiots out there, but they seldom attain positions of such power, this is ideal.

Moderator Action: Flaming.
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

9. Tycoon101

Tycoon101 Loves being STRONG

Shut up and give the man a break. He has to run a country, not take part in some high school African geography course with the names of every country and their capitol.

If you guys have nothing better to do than laugh at this man then why don't you all post pictures of mentally ******** people and laugh at them? It's not like they are any less funny than George W. Bush in regards to speech skills.

10. Mise

Mise isle of lucy

If any other poster had said it I'd think it was a brilliant troll, but since it's Tycoon101.....
    So highschool kids know how to pronounce the capital of Zimbabwe, but the president doesn't?

You're right, GWB's speeches aren't much better than mentally ******** people's.

Actually, I have to ask, are you serious or was this a joke? :blush: I'd feel a bit stupid if the post was a joke.

11. brainpan

brainpan Wild Potato

From top to bottom, Bush is an embarrassment. Pure and simple. His apologists have no ground to stand on and tend to bring their competence and/or sanity into question.

12. hossam

hossam Deity

ummm no its not , knowing about the culture itself is essential, knowing about the leader is important, knowing what resources they have is important ,and unless youre going to meet te president or visit the capital of a foreign country or give a speech about hem then you dont really need to know how to pronounce it. most americans hav trouble pronouncing my name, and i dont se why bush is any different afteall it is a goverment of the people by the people and for the people.

13. Tycoon101

Tycoon101 Loves being STRONG

:hatsoff: I like to keep people on their toes.

Exhibit 1:
    I would assume that he, being the suave devil that he is, is a good indication of what high schoolers may or may not have learned.

Again, Bush has a country to run and certainly doesn't have the time to learn how to pronounce words that, honestly, have little to do with his country.

:cringe: You COMPLETELY missed it. I meant to ask if you would laugh at a disabled person just because they are incapable of speaking correctly. If not, then why do you have any more reason to laugh at this man?

It was rather serious, so you don't need to worry much. ;)

14. MobBoss

MobBoss Off-Topic Overlord

Yeah, he also didnt know that 'Ich bin ein Berliner' could be translated to mean 'I am a jelly doughnut'. :lol:

15. FriendlyFire

FriendlyFire Codex WMDicanious

Berliner-Pfannkuchen

Next you'll be telling me "Mission accomplished" could mean that the mission accomplished what with the post war planned for a six month timetabled withdrawel.

16. bhsup

bhsup Deity

Moses had a speech impediment and he's pretty popular still thousands of years later. I fail to see how one's speaking gaffes should be used to qualify or disqualify them as competent individuals.

17. silver 2039

silver 2039 Deity

AHhahahahahhaha

Patethic....

18. RedRalph

RedRalph Deity

this justification is ridiculous...

you know its not absolutely essential for the President to be able to wipe his own arse either, but surely you would worry if it transpired he never leaned to do that?

19. downtown

downtown Crafternoon Delight

Not if he was a cripple

20. RedRalph

RedRalph Deity

got me there. Bang to rights. OK, excluding someone who cannot for any PHYSICAL reason