When words get in the way, Bush goes phonetic

:lol:

All those people who kept saying "oh he only plays dumb so people let his other misstakes slide", I guess they know better now.

You know, in another forum, we were having a discussion whether Bush is smarter then we all think. Well, looking at this article, I am now a firm believe in that Bush is a redneck idiot, his decisions guided by hidden puppet masters. Not some conspiracy mind you, but the usual suspects. How did this guy get elected? (Well, he really shouldn't have won in 2000, but we re-elected him by a wide margin in 2004). I mean, is it because it would probably be fun to have a beer with the guy? Seriously.

Would it be many times dumber to not have the pronunciations written out? Isn't it better that he knows he might not say one of them right, and rather than embarrass himself by mis-speaking, he does what he can to make sure he doesn't slip up?

The guy already knows public speaking isn't his strong point; he's got the sense to try and do a little better with it.

He knows how to pronounce the words. The phoentics are just there to help keep him from slipping up.

That would be foh-net-ticks, I guess.

Very funny nevertheless.

I don't think it's a big deal. The President recognizes that he may have issues with proper pronunciation and he is taking reasonable steps to address the problem. Too bad he doesn't apply such common sense to the other aspects of his job.

I know, I wrote that I would not bother this thread again, but I just can't take it anymore.

He knows how to pronounce the words. The phoentics are just there to help keep him from slipping up. It's not like when he reads the teleprompter, it's the first time he tries to pronounce the word... jeez, ppl. Get real.

Yes, Iran must never get Nukeuler weapons.

It's not like when he reads the teleprompter, it's the first time he tries to pronounce the word...

So why does it sound like it is?

It included phonetic spellings for French President Nicolas Sarkozy (sar-KO-zee), a friend, and Zimbabwe leader Robert Mugabe (moo-GAH-bee), a target of U.S. human rights criticism.
I really hope that it actually said "a friend" and "target of US human rights criticism" next to Nicolas Sarkozy's and Robert Mugabe's name. That really would make my day. (Yes it's been a slow day.)

"For the love of God, George, he's on our side!!"

I know, I wrote that I would not bother this thread again, but I just can't take it anymore.

He knows how to pronounce the words. The phoentics are just there to help keep him from slipping up. It's not like when he reads the teleprompter, it's the first time he tries to pronounce the word... jeez, ppl. Get real.

Just STFU and let us make fun off him. what's your problem, did you vote for him?
There are many funny idiots out there, but they seldom attain positions of such power, this is ideal.

Moderator Action: Flaming.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Just STFU and let us make fun off him. what's your problem, did you vote for him?
There are many funny idiots out there, but they seldom attain positions of such power, this is ideal.

Shut up and give the man a break. He has to run a country, not take part in some high school African geography course with the names of every country and their capitol.

If you guys have nothing better to do than laugh at this man then why don't you all post pictures of mentally ******ed people and laugh at them? It's not like they are any less funny than George W. Bush in regards to speech skills.

If any other poster had said it I'd think it was a brilliant troll, but since it's Tycoon101.....
Shut up and give the man a break. He has to run a country, not take part in some high school African geography course with the names of every country and their capitol.
So highschool kids know how to pronounce the capital of Zimbabwe, but the president doesn't?

If you guys have nothing better to do than laugh at this man then why don't you all post pictures of mentally ******ed people and laugh at them? It's not like they are any less funny than George W. Bush in regards to speech skills.
You're right, GWB's speeches aren't much better than mentally ******ed people's.

Actually, I have to ask, are you serious or was this a joke? :blush: I'd feel a bit stupid if the post was a joke.

From top to bottom, Bush is an embarrassment. Pure and simple. His apologists have no ground to stand on and tend to bring their competence and/or sanity into question.

you dont think the president should be able to pronounce the names of foreign capitals? why can I do it if he cant? the Premier of any country should be able to do it. I'd laugh at the President of anywhere if he couldnt pronounce Dublin. Knowledge of foreign countries is essential to be a world leader, being able to pronounce the capitals name is step 1

ummm no its not , knowing about the culture itself is essential, knowing about the leader is important, knowing what resources they have is important ,and unless youre going to meet te president or visit the capital of a foreign country or give a speech about hem then you dont really need to know how to pronounce it. most americans hav trouble pronouncing my name, and i dont se why bush is any different afteall it is a goverment of the people by the people and for the people.

If any other poster had said it I'd think it was a brilliant troll, but since it's Tycoon101.....

:hatsoff: I like to keep people on their toes.

So highschool kids know how to pronounce the capital of Zimbabwe, but the president doesn't?

Exhibit 1:
Hacker/Christian/Mystic said:
...why is he so unfamiliar with these names and words? I knew them before I was 18.

I would assume that he, being the suave devil that he is, is a good indication of what high schoolers may or may not have learned.

Again, Bush has a country to run and certainly doesn't have the time to learn how to pronounce words that, honestly, have little to do with his country.

You're right, GWB's speeches aren't much better than mentally ******ed people's.

:cringe: You COMPLETELY missed it. I meant to ask if you would laugh at a disabled person just because they are incapable of speaking correctly. If not, then why do you have any more reason to laugh at this man?

Actually, I have to ask, are you serious or was this a joke? :blush: I'd feel a bit stupid if the post was a joke.

It was rather serious, so you don't need to worry much. ;)

Yeah, he also didnt know that 'Ich bin ein Berliner' could be translated to mean 'I am a jelly doughnut'. :lol:

:lol:

Berliner-Pfannkuchen

Next you'll be telling me "Mission accomplished" could mean that the mission accomplished what with the post war planned for a six month timetabled withdrawel.

Moses had a speech impediment and he's pretty popular still thousands of years later. I fail to see how one's speaking gaffes should be used to qualify or disqualify them as competent individuals.

this justification is ridiculous...

you know its not absolutely essential for the President to be able to wipe his own arse either, but surely you would worry if it transpired he never leaned to do that?

this justification is ridiculous...

you know its not absolutely essential for the President to be able to wipe his own arse either, but surely you would worry if it transpired he never leaned to do that?

Not if he was a cripple

got me there. Bang to rights. OK, excluding someone who cannot for any PHYSICAL reason

Top Bottom