Where do you live?

Originally posted by wildWolverine
snow is not something to be desired. trust me.

Frostbite bad, sunburn good. :cool:

Originally posted by puglover

Summers ARE hot around here. But SNOW in winter? Why does your neighborhood get snow and ours doesn't. :cry:
Yeah, back when I was a kid in KC it used to snow in my front yard, so we'd have snowball fights and build snowmen and all that. In the summer it got hot so we'd put a slip and slide on our front lawn and have all the kids play. Those were the days..

I live in the USA in the state of California(on the Pacific coast). I live on an island called Alameda in the San Francisco Bay. I usually say San Francisco because most people don't know where Alameda is.

it rained like 10 days ago and thunderstormed 12 days ago, but thats all the rain i've seen in 2+ months. however, it has never gotten above 75 degrees farenheit.

USA-->Maryland--->Baltimore/Washington D.C.--->suburb near the Chesapeake Bay

Originally posted by chain n' sickle

Frostbite bad, sunburn good. :cool:

In Boy Scouts I learned this...

Extremely Cold camping is uncomfortable, Extremely Hot camping is painful.

Originally posted by puglover

Summers ARE hot around here. But SNOW in winter? Why does your neighborhood get snow and ours doesn't. :cry:

Not as much as we used to. . . When I first moved to KS in '92 we got some good snow storms, but it hasn't been much in the last few years.

Yeah, enough for snowball fights would be good. . . .

Originally posted by Turner_727

Not as much as we used to. . . When I first moved to KS in '92 we got some good snow storms, but it hasn't been much in the last few years.

Yeah, enough for snowball fights would be good. . . .
Here in Minnesota (which is where I live BTW) we haven't had a classic, brutal, Siberian style winter since '96 or '97 which is very odd. We seem to be getting Kansas/Missouri style winters instead. Not that I miss the days of -80F wind chills.

Originally posted by Ohwell
I live in North Eastern Pennsylvania.

That's too close to me. Move west.:p j/k

Originally posted by xerxes_thegreat
I'm in a small rural area near Jamestown, New York. Mostly OK weather, but winter can get bad.

I'm from Yarmouth Maine. The winter temp. up here is ussually below 0. Sadly I have to walk to my school.

Originally posted by Zarn
Well, I love the rain. Maybe I should move there. :p

That'd be cool, Zarn. The chair of Washington state's Republican party is Chris Vance. Tim Eyman is a strong voice for Conservatives here as well -- he is known as "The Initiative King" because he has managed to get several taxation-limiting initiatives passed by referendum. (In WA state citizen's initiatives can become law by popular vote.)

We have no state income tax. Seattle proper is liberal, but a half-hour north or east the majority is conservative.

Seattle is almost 20% Catholic -- here's a link to some info on the local Catholic church community:
http://www.catholic-hierarchy.org/diocese/dseat.html

As I used to have in my little side bit, I live in Toronto, Canada.

It is sarcastically described in the rest of Canada as the "Centre of the Universe".

I live in Malaga, a nice medium-size city of the south of Spain, in Europe.

I hail from Waterloo, Nebraska, a small suburbian town on the western side of the Omaha metro in Eastern Nebraska. :)

Originally posted by Drewcifer
Here in Minnesota (which is where I live BTW) we haven't had a classic, brutal, Siberian style winter since '96 or '97 which is very odd. We seem to be getting Kansas/Missouri style winters instead. Not that I miss the days of -80F wind chills.
Haven't exactly had a brutal winter down here in Nebraska lately either. The last really bad one I can remember was the winter of 97'-98'.

For a while it's been really dry in Nebraska. We've been in some sort of drought for the past 4+ years and it has only rained about a quarter of an inch in the past 5 weeks. I haven't mowed the yard in like 3 weeks since the grass is now turning into a crispy brown color.

Global Warming Sucks. :mad:

Originally posted by MarineCorps

I'm from Yarmouth Maine. The winter temp. up here is ussually below 0. Sadly I have to walk to my school.

Well look at the positives- when you join the marines and have to do route marches, you'll have an advantage over those namby pamby boys who were driven to school.:)

Originally posted by Chris85
For a while it's been really dry in Nebraska. We've been in some sort of drought for the past 4+ years and it has only rained about a quarter of an inch in the past 5 weeks. I haven't mowed the yard in like 3 weeks since the grass is now turning into a crispy brown color. :mad:

That's punishment from the Big Guy for the cheap tricks Osbourne and Fulmer pulled to get you guys first place in the Coach's poll...

Osbourne: "This is my last year, and I'm a really good coach, so you should vote for my team..."

Fulmer: <insert racist remarks about Woodson winning the Heisman, followed by Fulmer voting Nebraska 1st, and Michigan THIRD> -- if he had voted UM 2nd, we would have had enough points to win the poll... :evil:

The BCS came just ONE year too late -- I still think that a game between the two teams in '97 would have been better than any of the other championship games (including last year's).

and I just realized that most of the posters on this thread are NOT from the United States, and will probably have no idea what this is about....

I live in the town of Coeur d'Alene, Idaho but oddly enough on a suburban plain without the weather benefits of either the lake or the mountains. Thus it has gone from 20-110 degrees quite easily. I was born in Tracy, Ca then moved to Folsom, then up here into the mountains then into "suburbia hell".

Between Taurunum (old Roman name for present Zemun - which is today suburb of Belgrade ) and Singidunum (old Roman name for Belgrade ). So i'm living between centrum of Belgrade city and Zemun in a part called Novi Beograd.
It's real precise, I think;) .

But next week I leave the city an' going in foreign country (for a mounth or maybe longer), so probably you will rest from my stuped posts. At least, for a while. Exept if I find the way to send it, somehow anyway :wavey: .

PS About the weather: Once again, I like when is cool and snowy, so I will borow this heat and high degres from Serbia to anyone who like that !!!

Top Bottom