Which Game of Thrones character(s) do you like/dislike the most?

At least he has no son.

well, I'm not sure if it was his son or Anderson who was primarily to blame (or both). But one can hope :)

Sanderson didn't do a bad job at finishing WoT, so there are somewhat positive examples as well.

WoT?

As a side-note: I which people used less abbreviations. I tend to not understand half of them x(
edit: Wikipediaed. Wheel of Time.

yep, sorry it it's Wheel of Time...I thought since we're discussing tv show based on a series of fantasy books shortening it would be ok :) I'll try to use less abbreviations itf :mischief:

The Hound is certainly a child murderer, but neither the Hound nor the writers have any illusions in that regard.

I'd be concerned with the illusions we might still have about certain characters. As for the Hound, he still has an exaggerated fear of fire.

At least the Hound is a decent actor, compared to the Mountain ;)

It's not clear what acting they actually wanted the Mountain to do. Something about beetles.

Yes.

Where do you think ol' George is going with this? Where's it going to end up?

Will it end with peace declared throughout Westeros, and a Golden Age announced?

Or does he intend kicking the bucket before it comes to an end? Leaving all his readers up in the air.

Wild Mass Guessing: Westeros experiences the beginning of a new Ice Age. The wildlings come south and conquer the North, but not without beginning to adopt the customs of their new subjects. The tip of the wildling host will meet Daenerys Stormborn at King's Landing, sometime before or after the city is razed to the ground and the Iron Throne is smelted into ploughshares. The Seven Kingdoms and the New Gods will cease to exist in their present forms.

The Hound is certainly a child murderer, but neither the Hound nor the writers have any illusions in that regard.
Doesn't Arya murder a child in the first season? Some random stable boy for no reason.

EDIT: found the quote

As Arya collects horse tack, she finds her broken chest on the ground. She gropes around for Needle. Just as her fingers touch the sword a stable boy appears behind her with a pitchfork. She asks him to help her saddle a horse, saying her father will reward him. The boy responds that her father is dead and that the queen will reward him. When he grabs her arm, Arya forgets all of Syrio’s lessons, only remembering the lesson that Jon Snow taught her. She sticks the pointy end through the boy’s belly, killing him.

In the show he just touches her, no weapon, and she straight-up kills him.

I've always been a little freaked out by how many people adore a child who's killed so many people and is kind of a sociopath.

In the clip, given that the guy was going to rape her*, and that she accidentally killed him, I'm not sure I understand you.

*actually no, he just wanted to get a reward from the queen. All that raping and cutting off limbs, and bits, must have gone to my head.

Iirc the stable boy was going to either hold her there (he was stronger than her) and call the guards, or try himself to take her to the guard. So she did have a very serious reason to kill him. Not that later on she doesn't become very murder-happy. I think she gets even worse in future episodes (some claim so).

Did she have to kill him? People gloss over how serious it is to murder someone.

In today's culture and up-bringing? Sure. Scythian horse tribes used to make napkins out of human skin and goblets out of human skulls. Everyday life including violent butchery of animal and humans so people become desensitized to it. While medieval times were not quite that bad, people were rather used to everything being horrible. It is kind of telling when you take a bunch of modern kids who had rather stable, structured lives with no major tragedies, take them to war and half of them develop PTSD or some kind of trauma from it.

Top Bottom