Which Game of Thrones character(s) do you like/dislike the most?

The characters I like have a nasty habit of dying - I haven't read the books, but I watch the show, so I've given my predictions for future adherents to that rule - and those I dislike seem to be immortal.

Deceased

Ned Stark (was perhaps a given)
The Night's Watch recruiter
The Night's Watch commander

Presumably to be deceased

The Hound
Tywin Lannister
Tyrion
Tyrion's friend Bronn
Prince Oberyn
Jamie Lannister
Sir Barristan

Contractually immortal by virtue of my dislike

The Queen
Sansa Stark
The old Meister at court

I've always liked Sansa. I knew she'd turn into a manipulative Cershole eventually, I just didn't realise it would take so long. Also she's proper fit.

I'm convinced that TF only likes The Hound because he's Scottish and is most famous for his appearance in the Porridge Oats adverts in the 1990s. I mean, sure, he's one of my favourites too, and his stated reasons are perfectly believable. But let's be honest here, it's cos he's Scottish.

I'm afraid the best answer if you are going to get is: "well, in the books..."

I agree with what Zack quoted, and must admit that I am disappointed in what they have done with some of his parts, Stannis is definitely one of the more interesting characters in the book, and not as one dimensional as he first seems.

Spoilers below:
Spoiler :
Examples: In the book, he is very reluctant to burn Edric (gendry), only doing so when he sees no other way. He is also unaware of how Melisandre plans to kill Renly. He does not let Melisandre walk over him in the books, and he is actually one of the funnier characters, in terms of dry wit style humour.

The thing is, I read the books long ago and I disliked him even there. Maybe a tad less than in the show but still. So "Well, in the books..." kinda doesn't work for me ;)

Spoiler :
Is it really redeeming that he was 'reluctant' about it? He agreed to it, which is what put me off (it might have put me off less if he didn't try to surround himself with such a self-righteous air, which is basically why I like both the Hound and the Kingslayer more than Stannis.

Nope so I am not gonna read it :p

For what it is worth I am very happy how I was literally never spoiled by book readers. And to avoid spoilers by tv watchers is for me easy. I just don't look at anything got-themed before I have watched the episode. For instance I would not look into this thread if I was not up-to-date. Though I also have no fb feeds which could spoiler me.
A good rule of thumb is probably also to just all-out avoid youtube comments which are got-related. You never know with those youtubers.

Well the gist of it is I am not so sure if Jaime would kill a child without hesitation now. The spoiler was using events in the book to support that.

And yes, youtube comments are the internet equivalent of the commentary from complete and utter lowlife scum.

----

Considering my Reddit flag is that of Stannis Baratheon followed by one of his quotes, count me in the "TV-Adaption of Stannis sucks ass" camp.

I've always liked Sansa. I knew she'd turn into a manipulative Cershole eventually, I just didn't realise it would take so long. Also she's proper fit.

I'm convinced that TF only likes The Hound because he's Scottish and is most famous for his appearance in the Porridge Oats adverts in the 1990s. I mean, sure, he's one of my favourites too, and his stated reasons are perfectly believable. But let's be honest here, it's cos he's Scottish.

Doesn't Hot Fuzz rather eclipse that?

I did the one sensible thing concerning spoilers:

I've read the books long, long before they became famous due to the TV show. I actually remember I more or less accidentally picked the first one in up in the library only because it promised to be as un-fantasy as is humanly possible in fantasy. Loved it, borrowed the other ones, read them, got very angry at the translator of the 4th one, got it in English and re-read it.

So no I can act all smug not only with respect to the TV-series watchers who haven't read the books, but also the book readers who'd only read them after the series came out ;)

Like:

Cersei
Dany
Margaery
Sansa
Tommen
Arya
The Hound
Tyrian
Brynden Blackfish
Jon Snow

Dislike:
Petyr
Joffrey
Tywin
Robert and Stannis Baratheon

Yes.

Where do you think ol' George is going with this? Where's it going to end up?

Will it end with peace declared throughout Westeros, and a Golden Age announced?

Or does he intend kicking the bucket before it comes to an end? Leaving all his readers up in the air.

Yes.

Will it end with peace declared throughout Westeros, and a Golden Age announced?

Or does he intend kicking the bucket before it comes to an end? Leaving all his readers up in the air.
Show will finish without him, they already know how it ends.

He has said the ending is bittersweet. The last book was originally titled "A Time For Wolves," for what it's worth.

Yes.

Upon dieing he will ask to have all characters burned, like the mad king ;)

Show will finish without him, they already know how it ends.

He has said the ending is bittersweet. The last book was originally titled "A Time For Wolves," for what it's worth.

Bittersweet, eh?

So, the original people... what are they.. the children of the woods, or something?.. do they make a come-back into a ravaged depopulated Westeros?

Do you think?

the white walkers will overrun Westeros and peace will reign (once everybody's dead) ;)

If he goes all Dune on us I'll be most distraught...

Top Bottom