Which God Would You Follow/Worship? (not which civ)

Which God Would You Follow/Worship? (not which civ)

• Lugus

Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Sirona

Votes: 18 11.5%
  • Nantosuelta

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Sucellus

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • Amathaon

• Junil

• Kilmorph

Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Oghma

Votes: 21 13.4%
  • Cernunnos

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Arawn

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Dagda

• Tali

• Danalin

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Camulos

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Aeron

• Ceridwen

• Mammon

• Esus

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Mulcarn

• Agares

• Bhall

• The One

Votes: 30 19.1%

• Total voters
And what about Cassiel couldn't he tell them about what is really going on?

Cassiel doesn't want humans and Gods to be involved at all. If they have found out about The One, then that's their decision to worship/revere him. Cassiel himself doesn't want Gods to have any part in humanity, and if he teaches others about The One, then they would worship him. Cassiel also believes in human empowerment, and will not intervene with his nation in any way that a normal human could.

I guess the whole pursuit of knowledge thing, I personally went with Nantosuelta for similar reasons and the fact that it's probably a place where you spend all of time creating new things and etc.

Why is Oghma so popular?

Maybe because of Oghma's link to magic, i'm sure a lot of people (given the chance) would like to be fire ball flinging mages...

Or knowledge. I'd like to know everything even if I wasn't a mage.

Personally, Its 'cause I love the Amurites, and, as rusty217 said, being a fireball-flinging mage would be great. I would have gone for the One, though, if I knew. I mainly see myself as a Luonnotar...

i would choose Oghma because ultimate knowledge would end suffering (RL) besides... peace, serenity, and the pursuit of knowledge are wonderful things aka bliss :)

i personally dont find Oghma that appealing though. what good is ultimate knowledge going to do if somebody is casting a pillar of fire at you? or are you going to reason with a newly summoned earth elemental?

Plus, her Vault was overrun by Mamman. Her heaven is practically a hell now. If you go there in the afterlife, you would probably be overcome by the mist and forget all that knowledge you sought.

Is that a relevant point? I still think that someone who (assuming such information is even available for a guy on Erebus) looks at each Angel's vault and decides "I will worshi X so that I will go to his/her/its Vault is actually acting in accord to Mammon's philosophy and will wind up in the evil city vault, looking for coins.

No, I think that's rational thought, Mammon's original purpose. Now he has become the god of greed, so seeking short-term rewards would be more likely a reason to go to his hell.

i dont think that planning for your eternity would mean that you are seeking short-term goals. That seems as about as long term as you can get. and what worshipper of Sirona isnt going to like her because she is kind? if you worship her because she is kind and want her to treat you well by following her devoutly, i fail to see any hypocracy. the gods need worship, you give them worship. you need a vault to go to for the rest of time, they provide that. its a give-take win win for everybody involved.

What I'm trying to say is (and maybe I was doing it badly) is that worshipping an Angel for the express purpose of going to a specific Vault after death, irrespective of what that Angel stands for or wishes, seems a little suspect, and possibly a real identification with Mammon. OTOH, if you really believe that that Angel's aspect is important, and you make your decisions according to a process similar to his/hers, then I don't have a problem with you going to that vault after death.

I don't think it would as Mammon is all about having you cheat others out of what they have and thinking of only how to benefit yourself. In order to go to a gods heaven you would have to be a devout worshiper, so if you choose a god based on their heaven but were still loyal and devout to them you'll go to their heaven regardless of your original reason for worshiping them.

Yes, but remember that Mammon's worshipers are rarely aware of their devotion to him and his aspect. Thats the way he likes it.

I voted Sucellus just because I think his heaven would be really beautiful. All fertile and green and foresty, with his worshipers sleeping in piles of leaves and moss; and pale light filtering through the leaves, bright enough to see comfortably by but dark enough that it's unobtrusive.

I don't think it would as Mammon is all about having you cheat others out of what they have and thinking of only how to benefit yourself. In order to go to a gods heaven you would have to be a devout worshiper, so if you choose a god based on their heaven but were still loyal and devout to them you'll go to their heaven regardless of your original reason for worshiping them.

Yes, but in that case, you wouldn't be devout and loyal to the god. You would be devout and loyal to the reward you expect to get for your services. If Agares himself appeared and told you that he'd create a special portion of his vault where everything is meant to please you (and you had reason to believe him), then who's to say you wouldn't immediately get to work bringing on Armageddon?

On another topic entirely, what gets you in Mulcarn's hell? He's the god of stasis, so would it be laziness (ie an unwillingness to change)? Stubbornness?

Probably, Laziness I guess.

Also, the Tar Demons are said to come from those trapped in his hell for having no convictions in life. I guess those in his hell would mostly be those who had not cared enough to try to change anything, just passively accepting the status quo.

Probably, Laziness I guess.

Also, the Tar Demons are said to come from those trapped in his hell for having no convictions in life. I guess those in his hell would mostly be those who had not cared enough to try to change anything, just passively accepting the status quo.
I'm pretty sure it's sloth. The first hell, icy rain, the lazy ones going there... everything fits.

Mulcarn - Sloth
Mammon - Greed
Camulos - Wrath
Agares - Pride

Not sure about the other three gods though (Aeron, Ceridwen, Esus), maybe:
Esus - Envy
Aeron - Lust
Ceridwen - Gluttony

Top Bottom