Which God Would You Follow/Worship? (not which civ)

Which God Would You Follow/Worship? (not which civ)

• Lugus

Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Sirona

Votes: 18 11.5%
  • Nantosuelta

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Sucellus

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • Amathaon

• Junil

• Kilmorph

Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Oghma

Votes: 21 13.4%
  • Cernunnos

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Arawn

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Dagda

• Tali

• Danalin

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Camulos

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Aeron

• Ceridwen

• Mammon

• Esus

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Mulcarn

• Agares

• Bhall

• The One

Votes: 30 19.1%

• Total voters
The Luonnotars immunity comes from a single event. You have to understand that the people of Erebus do not have the direct access to the religion page and history that you guys do. Neither did the players in the campaigns. The gods were kept intentionally vague, and there were tons of fake gods, and gods called different names in different areas.

Inside that whole mix was a group who denied that they were gods at all. this was in a world where that abounded with the active stories of gods, magic and angels. It was beyond blashemy, it was idiodic.

But the blashemy was enough for the Order, and they rounded up those they could find (the Luonnotar kept their membership secret). They were chained in the city plaza and told to repent for their blashemy, to repent of their claims that the gods werent real gods. The Luonnotar refused so the Order high priest called down a pillar of fire to destroy them. The pillar scorched the stone of the plaza, burnt off the chains but left the Luonnotar unhurt.

The reason they werent hurt wasnt because the One exerted any influence (he hadn't), but because Junil was unwilling to harm those that were actually correct. The gods in general are confused about the Luonnotar, and worry that their knowledge might be evidence that the One has returned to tell them the truth (since the gods didnt tell them this). So it isnt that they are immune, just that the gods have, thus far, refused to act against the Luonnotar.

Hrm, it does say that the wind up IN the first layer, and that it is a dark FREEZING rain. And Mulcarn HAS abandoned his Hell (as he is recovering/plotting from within Auric Ulvin or something). So I guess it is indeed Mulcarn's Vault.
So they are too lazy to move on. Makes sense.

So do other kinds of people who are stuck in a certain hell become similar demons too, or do they just stay there until they venture deeper, so the tar demons would be just an exception?

From what Kael posted about Mammon's Hell it sounds like they are stuck in the Hell until they have been sufficiently warped by the owner, then they are moved on to the next Hell to have another aspect of their soul warped and twisted, until they have visited each Hell and are ready to be a Demon.

I got that impression too but where do the weird demons come from, those who are weaker than balors so they can't be real demons?

There are two types of demons: Lesser demons and greater demons. Lesser demons are the corrupted souls of mortals, and greater demons fell with the angel they serve.

There are two types of demons: Lesser demons and greater demons. Lesser demons are the corrupted souls of mortals, and greater demons fell with the angel they serve.

But balors are the weakest greater demons so anyone weaker than them is a lesser demon, supposedly, but the weird demons don't actually fit there.

The Luonnotars immunity comes from a single event. You have to understand that the people of Erebus do not have the direct access to the religion page and history that you guys do. Neither did the players in the campaigns. The gods were kept intentionally vague, and there were tons of fake gods, and gods called different names in different areas.

Inside that whole mix was a group who denied that they were gods at all. this was in a world where that abounded with the active stories of gods, magic and angels. It was beyond blashemy, it was idiodic.

But the blashemy was enough for the Order, and they rounded up those they could find (the Luonnotar kept their membership secret). They were chained in the city plaza and told to repent for their blashemy, to repent of their claims that the gods werent real gods. The Luonnotar refused so the Order high priest called down a pillar of fire to destroy them. The pillar scorched the stone of the plaza, burnt off the chains but left the Luonnotar unhurt.

The reason they werent hurt wasnt because the One exerted any influence (he hadn't), but because Junil was unwilling to harm those that were actually correct. The gods in general are confused about the Luonnotar, and worry that their knowledge might be evidence that the One has returned to tell them the truth (since the gods didnt tell them this). So it isnt that they are immune, just that the gods have, thus far, refused to act against the Luonnotar.
But wouldn't they still be vulnerable to fire magic in that case, as Bhall has lost absolute control of her sphere?

I don't think so. She's only partly lost control of her sphere because some of her angels have defected to other gods, mostly to Lugus. Other Angels control the fire sphere, and presumeably these ones would still be against harming the luonnators.

I don't think so. She's only partly lost control of her sphere because some of her angels have defected to other gods, mostly to Lugus. Other Angels control the fire sphere, and presumeably these ones would still be against harming the luonnators.

There's also Death magic, which is entirely stolen from Arawn. Not to mention just about all arcane magic. Then again, that was just one event in Kael's campaign, and it would be too much trouble to make the Luonnatar only immune to divine magic (not to mention kind of odd and situational).

I doubt they would be safe from Agares...it seems evil gods might really target them specifically.

I doubt agares would refrain from harming those who are fro the one... the wole bringing the world to hell is to prove a point. he'll do anything to prove said point... especially helping people do evil to other people.

Okay, so technically they should only be immune to spells cast by divine casters who follow the Order, Fellowship, Runes, or Empyrean (I doubt the Overlords are sane enough to care). But that's too much trouble to code, it's way too situational, and it inexplicably makes Cassiel most powerful when he's trying to kill the greatest servants of the Good gods. I say leave them completely Magic Immune for now.

The paradox is that The One doesn't really want to be worshipped at all. Neither did he abondon the angels - he tried to work with any of them that remained loyal. I feel that The One wants the mortals to believe that the good and neutral angels as actual gods, do good in their names or for their own sake, and just don't acknowledge that there's a creator behind all this.

I would worship Junil. Law and Order, security and justice would be so utterly important in this kind of world.

The Luonnotar story is interesting. They're saved from the angel's power and they don't even know what's going on. I'm pretty sure at least one angel likes them though...

As for Agares and collecting souls for rebelling against The One eventually: It may even be possible for The One to remove his own omnipotence, so that Agares actually have a chance of conquering The One, without the help of the good and neutral angels, and the mortals. Gives them a meaning for existance too. And meaining to all this... creation... is important.

As for Agares and collecting souls for rebelling against The One eventually: It may even be possible for The One to remove his own omnipotence, so that Agares actually have a chance of conquering The One, without the help of the good and neutral angels, and the mortals. Gives them a meaning for existance too. And meaining to all this... creation... is important.

The thing about omnipotence is that you can't so much "remove" it as voluntarily limit yourself. It would be like intentionally holding back in a fight. Thus, if The One limited himself to the point where Agares could defeat him, he would essentially be letting Agares win because he didn't think the forces of Good did a good enough job.

I see the Luonnotar as one of many groups of people who has some theory on life and the universe that they arrive at based on whatever logic they use - only unlike most, they happen to be right. Every mortal on Erebus shoots in the dark. The Luonnatar actually hit something.

It just never occurred to Junil that the Luonnotar simply arrived at the conclusion they reached through their own thought processes. He's not perfect, he's not some psychic. He, like a mortal, is vulnerable to paranoia about something that's not actually happening (in this case, he's worried that The One has picked chosen ones and is telling them "pssst.... this is what's really up" when he's actually just sitting on his duffer).

Is that about the size of it?

So who's vault would the Luonnotar go to, just Arawns?

And what about Cassiel couldn't he tell them about what is really going on?

Top Bottom