While We Wait: Writer's Block & Other Lame Excuses

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather have racist settler colonialism dressed up with Holocaust guilt and disturbing religious overtones than racist theocratic barbarism
But happily, you don't have to choose! We have to support precisely those barbaric theocracies in the name of preserving the Middle Eastern status quo (which is to say Israeli security). It's a Christmas miracle!

In other news, the Saudis beheaded 78 people last year. Go not-at-all-contradictory conservative foreign policy, go!

The article says it was in direct response to the invasion of Iraq?

I do not think that source means what you think it means. Or do you believe that Saddam was an al-Qaeda sponsor?
Sure buddy when one of Al Qaeda's main planks was that "infidels occupy the holy land" it was all just purely operational because we were gonna have bases next door even though we already had bases next door in Kuwait and Qatar and oh yeah the Pentagon would totally say in public "Yeah, we're leaving Saudi Arabia to deny that talking point for recruitment material right before we invade another Arab country, cause, y'know, CYA" because that wouldn't be seized upon by Al Qaeda as a major victory since they had in fact made the infidel flee from the holy land.

You nailed it in one, ace. You should sign up as a PR Officer, you'd do great.

In other news, the Saudis beheaded 78 people last year. Go not-at-all-contradictory conservative foreign policy, go!
Conservatives are for murdering criminals (and civilians, and poors, and...); no contradiction.

You've still failed to address the point I've made twice now that Palestinians are also human beings? If you don't think so that's fine but honesty is the best policy, as always.

Interestingly enough, the majority of Palestinians believe that "reclaiming all of Historic Palestine from the river to the sea" (hint hint, that's a euphemism for killing Jews) should be their main national goal. [1]

They're people. It's just that most of them, if given the chance, would militarily conquer Israel. WHAT HAPPENS NEXT? PEACE & LOVE?

Interestingly enough, the majority of Palestinians believe that "reclaiming all of Historic Palestine from the river to the sea"
You should have a look at Likud's charters one of these days. Guess what they usually say about "the river".

Sure buddy when one of Al Qaeda's main planks was that "infidels occupy the holy land" it was all just purely operational because we were gonna have bases next door even though we already had bases next door in Kuwait and Qatar and oh yeah the Pentagon would totally say in public "Yeah, we're leaving Saudi Arabia to deny that talking point for recruitment material right before we invade another Arab country, cause, y'know, CYOA" because that wouldn't be seized upon by Al Qaeda as a major victory since they had in fact made the infidel flee from the holy land.

You nailed it in one, ace. You should sign up as a PR Officer, you'd do great.

Hey you're right! That must have been the Pentagon's plan all along rather than some crazy basement conspiracy theory. MASTER CHIEF HERE NEEDS TO TALK TO THE DCI, HE'S GOT THE LEET INFOZ, STOP HIM B4 HE BECOMES SNOWDEN2

It totally werked 2 al-Qaeda stopped attackin' us after dat

Interestingly enough, the majority of Palestinians believe that "reclaiming all of Historic Palestine from the river to the sea" (hint hint, that's a euphemism for killing Jews) should be their main national goal. [1]

They're people. It's just that most of them, if given the chance, would militarily conquer Israel. WHAT HAPPENS NEXT? PEACE & LOVE?

Yeah I'm too disgusted for sarcasm. Basically, poverty and oppression radicalizes populations.

You should have a look at Likud's charters one of these days. Guess what they usually say about "the river".

Does Likud's charter have a little note about butchering the cowering Muslims, too? Hmmm

Yeah I'm too disgusted for sarcasm. Basically, poverty and oppression radicalizes populations.

And you are of the opinion that...independent Arab governance will solve that?

Let's go to the video tape!

It doesn't.

Also woah look at that Turkey getting radical did they lose some money recently? Hmmm

Yeah, like how the American project held merit despite the genocide of Native Americans? You can't support a program of "this is our land" at the expense of other human beings.

Are you saying Native Americans could have come up with something better than America? Cause I'd move here pronto if the US did the reasonable thing and absorbed Canada and its healthcare but kept all the guns. Despite everything I still do believe USA #1. And you made the only interesting TV in 98 and 99 for me.

Hey you're right! That must have been the Pentagon's plan all along rather than some crazy basement conspiracy theory. MASTER CHIEF HERE NEEDS TO TALK TO THE DCI, HE'S GOT THE LEET INFOZ, STOP HIM B4 HE BECOMES SNOWDEN2

It totally werked 2 al-Qaeda stopped attackin' us after dat
yup we abandoned bases that took literally hundreds of millions of dollars over a decade to build because we didn't need them anymore when we could build new bases next door for hundreds of millions of dollars over a decade because airplanes only have ranges of like 5 miles and when we abandoned those by pulling out of Iraq without a SOF that was all part of the plan there was never any notion of staying there for literally 100 years plans never change and there are never ever political considerations just like when we left Somalia and Lebanon nailed it

wut iz... "winning hearts and minds"...?

I'd rather have [CHRISTIAN THEOCRACY] than [SHARIA LAW].
I too would rather have the thing that is the same as the other thing but with a different label. Let's try it on something else: "I'd rather have [COKE] than [PEPSI]," "I'd rather have [BURGER KING] than [MCDONALD'S]." Wow, it really does work!

Of course.

Well I'm not that read up on NAs culture just some mish-mash, I know they were pretty progressive and equal in some areas, but I am not sure how they could have reconciled the whole raiding thing.

Speaking of theocracies, does basic Islam lends itself more to warring against apostates than basic Catholicism/Christianity? Obviously religious leaders can push and prod in both directions, but I mean just the texts themselves.

Oman = Super poor country, lots of oil, not very radical (???)

Yemen = Super poor country, not much oil, super radical (???)

Saudi Arabia = Super rich country, lots of oil, super radical (!?!?!?)

Libya = Historically wealthier than Yemen or Oman, lots of oil, oh my god they just murdered that woman and burned down their airport (!)

Other factors besides wealth and oppression affecting population radicalism? WAT

And you are of the opinion that...independent Arab governance will solve that?

Let's go to the video tape!

It doesn't.

Also woah look at that Turkey getting radical did they lose some money recently? Hmmm

yup we abandoned bases that took literally hundreds of millions of dollars over a decade to build because we didn't need them anymore when we could build new bases next door for hundreds of millions of dollars over a decade because airplanes only have ranges of like 5 miles and when we abandoned those by pulling out of Iraq without a SOF that was all part of the plan there was never any notion of staying there for literally 100 years plans never change and there are never ever political considerations just like when we left Somalia and Lebanon nailed it

wut iz... "winning hearts and minds"...?

Oh right you're right we left Iraq cause those al qaedas intimidated us out of it cause that's where they were recrutin' and killin'

See how that works?

Dude, m.t.cicero, he literally straight up did not object to the charge that he believes we have a White Man's Burden to educate and save those heathen Mohametans because they are literally incapable of governing themselves and it's just their nature () to murder everyone around them, the point of incredulity has long since passed.

Oh right you're right we left Iraq cause those al qaedas intimidated us out of it cause that's where they were recrutin' and killin'

See how that works?
No we left because we won, duh.

Dude, everyone else, SymphonyD didn't object to the charge that he's a hateful loner who lost the ability to empathize with his fellow humans long ago! MUST BE TRUE.

Person 1: Moderate point that lots of people hold.

Symphony: GROTESQUE DISTORTION OF THAT POSITION PRESENTED AS YOUR BELIEFS, WOW U DUM

Person 2: But wait that's not what I said!??

Symphony: Bask in my encyclopedic knowledge of weapons systems.

Ah yes, the old racism card.

Do I hate black people too if I say the majority of African governments are dysfunctional crapholes? In CiceroLand, I do!

No, but if you say a group of Africans would be violent monsters if they ran their own country, you would be. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom