While We Wait: Writer's Block & Other Lame Excuses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, everyone else, SymphonyD didn't object to the charge that he's a hateful loner who lost the ability to empathize with his fellow humans long ago! MUST BE TRUE.
Hateful? Yes. Loser? Yeah, by a fair number of standards, I'll own that.

The fact remains that you've openly admitted to being a religious zealot who lets his religion dictate his stances on foreign policy, which is why it's totally okay for Israel to murder Palestinians by the truckload because hey guys this small group of them want to annihilate Israel but oh man, Assad is gassing Syrians? BETTER SHIP ARMS TO THE ISLAMIC STATE!!!

You're inconsistent and a hypocrite. So am I, but I'll own that. You won't.

Oman = Super poor country, lots of oil
You could at least take ten seconds to make sure you're not outright wrong, you know. Oman's one of the great success stories of the last forty years, is about as rich as Spain, and has about the same amount of oil as Egypt. If anything, Oman's clear proof that when the superpowers aren't dedicated to screwing them over, Arab Muslims are completely capable of putting together a decent state without the stewardship of the Noble White Man.

Libya = Historically wealthier than Yemen or Oman, lots of oil, oh my god they just murdered that woman and burned down their airport (!)
Libya wasn't at all full of Islamist radicals until we took the liberty of blowing up the country in the name of killing that guy we didn't like democracy. It's not the best example to cite if you're going to claim that hardship doesn't produce radicalism.

No, but if you say a group of Africans would be violent monsters if they ran their own country, you would be. :p

But don't you see that calling out racism is worse than racism? Why is society so bigoted against racism?

Hateful? Yes. Loser? Yeah, by a fair number of standards, I'll own that.

The fact remains that you've openly admitted to being a religious zealot who lets his religion dictate his stances on foreign policy, which is why it's totally okay for Israel to murder Palestinians by the truckload because hey guys this small group of them want to annihilate Israel but oh man, Assad is gassing Syrians? BETTER SHIP ARMS TO THE ISLAMIC STATE!!!

You're inconsistent and a hypocrite. So am I, but I'll own that. You won't.

"Hmm, Thlayli supports the FSA. JUST LIKE OBAMA? That won't do. Better conflate that to ISIS to make him look bad."

"Hmm, Thlayli's Christian beliefs inform his opinion on matters. Better imply that he wants to undermine American democracy to make him look bad."

"Hmm, Thlayli supports Israel's efforts to destroy Hamas. Better imply that he likes killing kids to make him look bad."

"Hmm, Thlayli believes in an aggressive, assertive American military that's active abroad, but in a slightly different way than me, so I'll call him a bigot! YEEEAAAAHHHH"

Nice debating champ.

But don't you see that calling out racism is worse than racism? Why is society so bigoted against racism?
Look man, discriminating against discriminators is still discrimination! We must respect all opinions equally! That's what free speech means!

The hatred level in this thread is too damn high.

@Thlayli, I've never seen you post like this and it saddens me a little.

Let's all just go and think about what's really important in life?..

Look man, discriminating against discriminators is still discrimination! We must respect all opinions equally! That's what free speech means!

Free speech means that abhorrent opinions are literally not illegal! Just like farting in elevators and sneezing on someone! They may be disgusting but at least you can't be arrested for them!

"The majority of Arab states are not democratic, and throughout the past half-century Arab nations have repeatedly proven themselves incapable of forming liberal representative democracies."

To some, history. TO CICERO, RACISM.

"ooh guys I'm gonna call a conservative a racist let's all snicker it'll be great I'll WIN AT TALKING"

"Hmm, Thlayli supports the FSA. Better conflate that to ISIS to make him look bad."
American oversight of weapons once they're in the field has a spectacular record, you guys! Everybody remember that Soviet invasion of Afghanistan thing? Anyone? Anyone?

"Hmm, Thlayli's Christian beliefs inform his opinion on matters. Better imply that he wants to undermine American democracy to make him look bad."
Separation of church and state, son. You can take your little crusader vision and go back to 1199 with it. Not in my United States, not when you won't put your skin out on the front line with a rifle in hand.

"Hey, Thlayli supports Israel's efforts to destroy Hamas. Better imply that he likes killing kids to make him look bad."
Israel's batting about 4 civilians killed for every 1 militant, so yeah, you pretty much are gleefully in favor of "We had to burn that village to save it" when you justify it, bucko.

"Hey, Thlayli believes in an aggressive, assertive American military that's active abroad, but in a slightly different way than me, so I'll call him a bigot! YEEEAAAAHHHH"
Thlayli believes in a feudalistic perspective of the American military that will actively get us involved in endless protracted fighting since his way of depicting them will make it utterly impossible for them to be perceived as anything but conquerors and occupiers and proselytizers and oh yeah his other politics put him with the people who don't want to fund the military and oh yeah he also has advocated us getting into every single war he's ever seen and has directly stated that if the price of that is America going bankrupt he's okay with that because Jesus. (Then austerity spending would be justifiable!)

Nice debating champ.
no u

"The majority of Arab states are not democratic, and throughout the past half-century Arab nations have repeatedly proven themselves incapable of forming liberal representative democracies."

"ooh guys I'm gonna call a conservative a racist let's all snicker it'll be great I'll WIN AT TALKING"

You just called yourself one, bro.

American oversight of weapons once they're in the field has a spectacular record, you guys! Everybody remember that Soviet invasion of Afghanistan thing? Anyone? Anyone?

Everyone remember those few exceptions to the rule when America supplies weapons to dozens of entities across the world and most of them amazingly don't get turned on us! Oh yeah BTW that ISIS totally wouldn't have existed had we aggressively gotten rid of Assad. There will be no consequences to our inaction!

Separation of church and state, son. You can take your little crusader vision and go back to 1199 with it. Not in my United States, not when you won't put your skin out on the front line with a rifle in hand.

Oh, that's what you did in the military! I heard that 95% of our combat troops are on the front lines with rifles and not in various support and logistical roles. But hey man, that 5%.

I'd support the troops more if I knew most of them didn't play couch jockey like you most likely did. But if you were an infantry grunt that saw combat, COMMENT RESCINDED.

Israel's batting about 4 civilians killed for every 1 militant, so yeah, you pretty much are gleefully in favor of "We had to burn that village to save it" when you justify it, bucko.

The thing that amuses me is that the other side pursues a conscious strategy of putting the kids where they'll be killed, fights with tactics designed to kill those kids, and laughs with glee when their deaths convince normally entirely cynical people like you that Israel's just massacring them out of hate.

Why is this even part of your argument? If you abandoned it on the Syria question it has literally no place here.

Thlayli believes in a feudalistic perspective of the American military that will actively get us involved in endless protracted fighting since his way of depicting them will make it utterly impossible for them to be perceived as anything but conquerors and occupiers and proselytizers and oh yeah his other politics put him with the people who don't want to fund the military and oh yeah he also has advocated us getting into every single war he's ever seen and has directly stated that if the price of that is America going bankrupt he's okay with that because Jesus. (Then austerity spending would be justifiable!)

1. You vote for the party with factions that would also cut defense spending. This isn't an issue with clear party lines anymore, broseidon

2. Right that's right because I advocated an IRAQ-STYLE GROUND WAR in Syria! We lost a lot of troops in Kosovo didn't we

3. We're portrayed as conquerors, occupiers and proselytizers under any policy. The same way that you demonize me for my beliefs, America is demonized for what it does, no matter how it does it. A stirring parallel.

You know, your points are easily swatted away, it's just that you usually manage to outlast the opponent with volume.

Historical patterns are immutable? Please.

Somewhere in America, mid-1850s: "The majority of continental European states are not democratic, and throughout the past half-century European nations have repeatedly proven themselves incapable of forming liberal representative democracies."

And I'm not trying to score points I'm honestly just appalled by what you're saying, though this leads me to wonder whether you're projecting right now.

You just called yourself one, bro.

I'd like you to meet my little friend, Mister Sarcasm!

Mister Sarcasm says that you can deliver points in such a way as to indicate something that is different from the literal meaning of the phrase!

I know it's hard to grasp at first, but Mister Sarcasm and you will soon be great pals!

Historical patterns are immutable? Please.

Somewhere in America, mid-1850s: "The majority of continental European states are not democratic, and throughout the past half-century European nations have repeatedly proven themselves incapable of forming liberal representative democracies."

And I'm not trying to score points I'm honestly just appalled by what you're saying, though this leads me to wonder whether you're projecting right now.

For someone that implicitly advocates the annihilation of an independent nation-state and has repeatedly brushed off the impact of the slaughter of Jews that would ensue, you sit that high horse pretty comfortably.

You could at least take ten seconds to make sure you're not outright wrong, you know. Oman's one of the great success stories of the last forty years, is about as rich as Spain, and has about the same amount of oil as Egypt. If anything, Oman's clear proof that when the superpowers aren't dedicated to screwing them over, Arab Muslims are completely capable of putting together a decent state without the stewardship of the Noble White Man.

The real point of that anecdote (that I never really got to) was that Ibadi Muslims are just less violent than Sunnis overall. Since I was going to eventually pivot to the obvious argument that fundamentalist religion and ideology is a larger driver of radicalism than economic status.

Anyway, I want to point out that after spending $2.7 trillion on Iraq and Afghanistan, Bibi tried to get us into wars in both Syria and Iran all on our dime (and tried to meddle in the Presidential elections!), which would have only further benefited the PRC, for which he and his mercenary little nation are already clearly in the tank. If any other country did the things to the United States that Israel does, we'd have bombed them.

Israel is actually a massive front for the PRC and is secretly plotting with the crafty, evil Chinese to bring economic ruin and disaster to the United States.

The jews Israel are actually secret infiltrators into the US United States' alliance system to soften it up for the invasion of the soviets PRC.

something something liebrul media something something AIPAC hollywood

For someone that implicitly advocates the annihilation of an independent nation-state and has repeatedly brushed off the impact of the slaughter of Jews that would ensue, you sit that high horse pretty comfortably.

First off I caught that ISIS comment. Don't get fresh.

Secondly, I remain unconvinced that such a slaughter would take place so long as the human rights of Palestinians are respected.

The real point of that anecdote (that I never really got to) was that Ibadi Muslims are just less violent than Sunnis overall.
Which just undermines your argument even more, because Ibadis are just rebranded Kharijites. If Kharijites turn out to be all right when not getting actively screwed, anyone will.

Docile and shy, the deer seems like one of nature’s gentlest animals, programmed to choose flight over fight. But once a year, male stags turn aggressive. During mating season, or “rut,” the stag’s hormones take over, turning the normally-calm animals into fighting machines, willing to fight to the death to prove their dominance.

Link to video.

Should start at 23m23s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom