While We Wait: Writer's Block & Other Lame Excuses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't "secluding" also work?

Maybe he meant reclusing?

That's not a real word, of course, but just saying.

So since North King sent out his PM mentioning my numbers as a reason for his concern, I've decided to revisit the numbers overall, and I have a hypothesis that still needs some research. I think that it's possible that despite appearances, we have NOT actually had a decline that seems apparent in the numbers. Or rather, not as drastic as a decline as previously indicated.

My current theory is that in fact, the reason for the apparent rapid decline in numbers is because people who would otherwise be NESing or creating new NESes were instead creating IOTs. I've entered in 2010's relevant IOTs, and to my astonishment, this actually increases the apparent level of activity in comparison to 2009. Like I said, current research and fact gathering is still underway, but I think in a few weeks I should have the information available to demonstrate that the situation was not as dire or unfortunate as it may have seemed.

I hear BlockBuster was doing really well when they were counting Netflix profits into their business

At IOT we won't rest until people play "mostly geo-political simulations" games on our sub forum rather than yours, for reasons.

"Hey guys, BlockBuster is doing good, look at all the movie rentals, I mean a bunch of them are from Netflix but HEY! Business is BOOMIN!"

One more IOT or Ioter is is one less neser/nes :p

(Before you get into it yes, SOME do both, but most don't. If you didn't have an IOT they'd be more likely to conform to our model :p )

IOT lacks an emphasis on narrative elements that makes it seem more lowbrow, in my opinion; the general consensus is that IOT has always been more gamey and ergo less realistic; NESers are more interested in achieving subtler goals than painting colors on a map, etc. etc.

I think you mean excuse, recuse sort of means "challenge"

Recuse:
challenge (a judge, prosecutor, or juror) as unqualified to perform legal duties because of a possible conflict of interest or lack of impartiality.
"a motion to recuse the prosecutor"

"To recuse oneself" is a common term in legal parlance for withdrawing from a situation and that was the version he was using.

IOT lacks an emphasis on narrative elements that makes it seem more lowbrow, in my opinion; the general consensus is that IOT has always been more gamey and ergo less realistic; NESers are more interested in achieving subtler goals than painting colors on a map, etc. etc.

Interestingly, IOTers claim the exact opposite.

I agree with you completely, I'm just saying we had this argument over on Frontier, and IOTers were arguing that NESes are more scripted and Computational.

I think this rests on how you plot out which portions of the game are scripted and which are not. Whether one is more scripted than the other is a false dichotomy, what matters is what part of the action is scripted and what part is not.

EDIT: Ergo my opposition to the use of spreadsheets et al

Nuka made a half decent business analogy. I must be rubbing off on him finally.

There exists narratives in IOTs; Sonerael observes this in the IOT thread on the Frontier.

On the Frontier it was mainly one figure who was arguing about "more scripted" not the IOTers in general as you will read.

IOT and NES are not opposites of a duality but two cultural considerations instead. These considerations, if set under a act of union, may end up creating a united kingdom under the throne of who ever become the monarch and His or Her parliament. There is talk about what name would emerge from this; World Building would make a excellent consideration.

From the exodus comes a chance of union.

RE Exodus: despite what I said earlier, I'm genuinely pleased to see CFC NES is not dead yet. However at the same time I kinda wish we all went one place or another instead of splitting up.

I can see CFC still being a platform for NESes, while most of the actual community takes place on #NES chat and at The Frontier. Kinda sad but maybe for the best?

(noting that pretty much everyone is still viewing or posting on CFC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom