While We Wait: Writer's Block & Other Lame Excuses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iggy just made me realise this is all my fault for the WWW: Happy Edition thread drawing in more moderator attention to the forum, things spiralled from there.

I am truly sorry, everyone :(

Iggy just made me realise this is all my fault for the WWW: Happy Edition thread drawing in more moderator attention to the forum, things spiralled from there.

That's not true. You aren't to be faulted with any of this. Sure your silly thread was silly and technically spam, granted, but the reason for the whole problem is in no way you, and you have done nothing to cause it. Seriously, nothing at all is on you in this.

No, there's only one man who is to blame for this.

Thanks Obama.

As a relative outsider who doesn't pay a ton of attention to things, what's the short version of what happened?

Something happened and a lot of NESers accused another NESer of criminal intentions based on what he said and then something happened and a lot of NESers got banned.

Things happened

Alright, I've been brought up to speed. Excuse me while I go find comfort foods while I process this turn of events.

Something happened and a lot of NESers accused another NESer of criminal intentions based on what he said and then something happened and a lot of NESers got banned.

Well, I'm sorry to hear that. That sounds unpleasant for all parties involved.

I have been silently watching over the preceding events and still can not understand why anyone would want to leave. Sure, a few people may feel hostile toward the moderators over something they said, but in general the forum is fine. There have been little to no issues in the NESes themselves, only in WWW and over #nes.

Just putting in my $0.02, but I think a lot of the high tensions could be eased if WWW became a OT thread in the Mod's eyes, as most NESers view it so anyways, and NES nominated a viable candidate for a self-elected Mod (Primarily someone that is widely respected and often online).

The majority of the forum I feel has no issue with Moderation, but is simply following what seems to be a minority of highly active people that do not often actually contribute to NESes. This minority, although not alone, began several long and heated debates through WWW that escalated to the point where the general public was exhausted of the daily arguments, which culminated to Daft creating the "Happy Edition" (Not laying any blame on you, BTW). Because of the thread spam that began after that, I feel that the increased Moderator presence has stepped on some toes of the aforementioned minority.

Also I have been to the Frontier to check out their forums. The forum width is hideous and the theme makes my eyes hurt. :cringe:

Don't be, it was a fairly innocuous action that just happened to (I think) lead to other things getting out of control. You weren't responsible for any of that. When I posted that, it was mostly because I'd been doing a PM cleanup, and found our discussion- I thought that it had become very interesting with the benefit of hindsight.

I was kinda not serious, but also think it was an element in this. If the WWW thread spamming hadn't happened, I think we could've delayed the showdown for maybe a week or two? :)

I have been silently watching over the preceding events and still can not understand why anyone would want to leave. Sure, a few people may feel hostile toward the moderators over something they said, but in general the forum is fine. There have been little to no issues in the NESes themselves, only in WWW and over #nes.

Just putting in my $0.02, but I think a lot of the high tensions could be eased if WWW became a OT thread in the Mod's eyes, as most NESers view it so anyways, and NES nominated a viable candidate for a self-elected Mod (Primarily someone that is widely respected and often online).

The majority of the forum I feel has no issue with Moderation, but is simply following what seems to be a minority of highly active people that do not often actually contribute to NESes. This minority, although not alone, began several long and heated debates through WWW that escalated to the point where the general public was exhausted of the daily arguments, which culminated to Daft creating the "Happy Edition" (Not laying any blame on you, BTW). Because of the thread spam that began after that, I feel that the increased Moderator presence has stepped on some toes of the aforementioned minority.

Also I have been to the Frontier to check out their forums. The forum width is hideous and the theme makes my eyes hurt. :cringe:

symph, iggy, daft, nk, jehoshua, luckymoose, and crezth all agree on something

that's pretty much all I need to know, if I hadn't been following this myself

Honestly, EoE is the only reason I have registered myself on the Frontier. I do not feel at home there, but I think this will not be a problem, since everything should return to normal once they calm down.

Glad I'm not the only one! The white text on black is enough to keep me away, though admittedly I haven't invested much more than a few seconds going through the settings to find out if it can be changed.

I am treating this whole thing as a tantrum and recusing myself from the forum until it's done.

I am treating this whole thing as a tantrum and recusing myself from the forum until it's done.

I think you mean excuse, recuse sort of means "challenge"

Recuse:
challenge (a judge, prosecutor, or juror) as unqualified to perform legal duties because of a possible conflict of interest or lack of impartiality.
"a motion to recuse the prosecutor"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom