Why I Think Trump is the Best Democratic Asset

Washington post and Fox are both similarly bad. I don't see info from Reuters/BBC enough to comment but have little reason to expect they're better.

WP tends to tell the truth but definitely has an agenda.

BBC tends to confirm what the WP is saying but they are a lot more neutral about it and how they report it.

Fox spins fairy tales and seems to have problems discerning reality.

WP tends to tell the truth but definitely has an agenda.

Most mainstream media "tend to tell the truth", except for when they don't.

Fox spins fairy tales and seems to have problems discerning reality.

I didn't see Fox's coverage of the Covington events, but judging from a wide array of other mainstream sources it would be disingenuous to attribute "problems discerning reality" only to Fox. I have seen Fox reporting overtly disingenuous information in other cases, but what's puzzling is that people think other proven liars are somehow more worth listening to.

I guess you could make a case that one's hot garbage and the other is just garbage? Even if that's true, that doesn't make garbage appetizing.

Most mainstream media "tend to tell the truth", except for when they don't.

I didn't see Fox's coverage of the Covington events, but judging from a wide array of other mainstream sources it would be disingenuous to attribute "problems discerning reality" only to Fox. I have seen Fox reporting overtly disingenuous information in other cases, but what's puzzling is that people think other proven liars are somehow more worth listening to.

I guess you could make a case that one's hot garbage and the other is just garbage? Even if that's true, that doesn't make garbage appetizing.

Mainstream media tends to print retractions/corrections if they are out right wrong. Fox basically doesn't do that. You can still have a conservative PoV of course but Fox has gone out to la la land. First time I ever watched Fox was in 2005 with the bombing in Spain IIRC and it was on late at night here and it was trash.

BBC. There has been a terrorist incident in Spain. Al Quada are the suspects.
Washington Post. There has been a terrorist incident in Spain. Al Quada are the suspects, criticises Bush foreign policy.
Fox. There has been a terrorist incident in Spain, proceeds to spin some conspiracy theory/reality challenged version of the middle east ( or the Clintons etc).

Fox coverage was really bad and its a lot worse now. Back then it was conservative PoV with some silly tendencies. Now if Trump F up and thigns like the BBC are covering it Fox might not even mention it at all. I have put Fox's coveridge into 3 categories.

1. Trump business as usual. Fox blames the liberals/immigrant whatever, has covers of Hannity or whatever, puts the best spin possible on it.

2. Trump does/says something something bad even conservatives have trouble justifying. Clinton's usually get mentioned, false equivalency drawn with Clintons/Pelosi/Obama/Mueller

3. Trump does something really bad (Charlottesville or something relevant in Mueller investigation). Fox either doesn't mention it or its in the small print further down the front page and/or uses elements of 2. SOmetimes they might even be mildly negative.

You can usually see how badly Trump has messed up by the tone Fox news takes. If they're not saying much or banging on about the Clintons/Obama its usually bad. Basically if you want to know how bad something is in US politics and the WP is all over it go to the Fox site and see what they are saying about it and follow my guidelines above.

If you want to know whats actually going on away from the American press the BBC or Reuters isn't to bad. Even the WP has conservative columnists as well, Fox either doesn't do that or presents them as idiots or puts them in a horsehockey time slot. Every now and then FOx has a decent non political story.

One main hting I have noticed is I'm not 100% sure that the arch conservatives or whatever realise Trump is destroying their own party or the blow back to Trump might lock them out of office for the next 20 odd years a'la Hoover or the Dems after the civil rights blowback (winning 1 election in 25 years). Basically I think the current Republicans party is gift wrapping the house and presidency to the Democrats for the next 2 election cycles maybe even 4 and it would not surprise me if they lose the senate as well. Right now Trump is a dead duck president he can't pass anything and doesn't have the temperament to govern without a majority in the house like most other presidents had to deal with at some point.

Last edited:
3. Trump does something really bad (Charlottesville or something relevant in Mueller investigation). Fox either doesn't mention it or its in the small print further down the front page and/or uses elements of 2. SOmetimes they might even be mildly negative.

Some of those Mueller updates in recent times have been straight up disputed by their alleged source, so maybe Fox blundered into the right move there in some cases (not reporting on shoddy sources).

I stopped using it as a news source along with other mainstream media years ago, so perhaps it's worse now than it was then. I'd even expect that, since other outlets have laid their chips on "anti-Trump" it makes sense someone would similarly compromise themselves into the "pro-Trump" niche.

One main hting I have noticed is I'm not 100% sure that the arch conservatives or whatever realise Trump is destroying their own party

I suspect they do. Prior to him winning the primaries (even after) he did not seem very popular with "his own party".

The two party system with voting the way it is right now breeds rot regardless. I'd like to see both parties destroyed outright, and a less degenerate-incentive-laden voting system take its place (if not we'd get the same nonsense later).

When it comes to news Youtubers that link their sources or even this forum are more reliable than mainstream media, and cost me less (either in $$$, time, or both).

Top Bottom