Why I Think Trump is the Best Democratic Asset

Fixing immigration and heath care is quite nebulous. Trump wants to fix both, but not the way most would consider a fix.

That's why discussion is needed by the Dems. Here we need a thread on the matter.

The problem is that most Dems can't even agree on what a proper fix is, so they end up proposing nothing and just claim that the republicans are wrong. But yes, a separate thread could be entertaining and enlightening.

I have an idea.

Can't help it that Greek politics on the world stage is not interesting to anybody. ;)

Their own testimony and 3 1/2 million fewer votes than 2008.

Last edited:
Totally worthless anecdote but my Bernie or Bust! friends sat out the election. A common theme seemed to be that they really wanted a transformational candidate like Obama and they were too young to have voted for Obama himself. Bernie was the substitute and they were too idealistic to compromise when he didn't win the primaries or had it stolen or whatever. That's my take on the situation anyways.

Actually I take it back, I did know a guy who wanted Bernie but went for Trump in the end. He was too young to have voted for Obama as well.

When even trump is more hope/change than your candidate, you are doing it wrong.
Cortez will be eligible to run in 2024? Not that i can see the dnc allowing a real person leading the party.

Their own testimony and 3 1/2 million fewer votes than 2008.

You have testimony from 3 1/2 million Bernie voters? Big if true

Totally worthless anecdote but my Bernie or Bust! friends sat out the election. A common theme seemed to be that they really wanted a transformational candidate like Obama and they were too young to have voted for Obama himself. Bernie was the substitute and they were too idealistic to compromise when he didn't win the primaries or had it stolen or whatever. That's my take on the situation anyways.

Actually I take it back, I did know a guy who wanted Bernie but went for Trump in the end. He was too young to have voted for Obama as well.

I don't deny that there were some Bernie voters (though the actual studies I've seen have suggested that about 9 out of 10 Bernie voters went on to vote for Hillary) who went on to not vote Hillary (whether they voted for no one, or Jill Stein, or Trump). What I deny is that these voters represented "lost" voters for Hillary in any sense - these were people who were never going to vote for Hillary at all and indeed I think many would have voted all Republican or not voted at all if Bernie hadn't shown up on the Democrat side.

The problem is that most Dems can't even agree on what a proper fix is, so they end up proposing nothing and just claim that the republicans are wrong. But yes, a separate thread could be entertaining and enlightening.

They propose nothing because they want the status quo.

The problem with this transformational candidate like Obama thing is that Obama burned it. Clinton had already done it before, then Obama did it again. He had a new generation that no longer remembered Clinton's "but the deficit, I can't do what I promised" betrayal. But now people remember how Obama was about keeping the system going as it was, not changing it. Many won't fall for another phony. A candidate of change will need a real record of having been "radical".

You have testimony from 3 1/2 million Bernie voters? Big if true
Then I would have phrased it "the testimony of 3 1/2 million Bernie voters."

Individual Bernie voters. We had one on this forum.

Individual Bernie voters. We had one on this forum.

I was a Bernie voter, and my testimony was not only "I voted for Hillary" but "if you don't vote for Hillary you're either an idiot or a fascist"

But I guess my testimony doesn't count because it doesn't jive with your preconceived notions?

I was a Bernie voter, and my testimony was not only "I voted for Hillary" but "if you don't vote for Hillary you're either an idiot or a fascist"

But I guess my testimony doesn't count because it doesn't jive with your preconceived notions?

Other bern voters didnt vote for hill. Eg susan sarandon and some other art/ media people :)

Top Bottom