1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Wildmana 7.x - Bugreport & Missing Entries

Discussion in 'Wildmana Modmod' started by spurrrrrrrrr, Dec 14, 2009.

1. saathei

saathei Warlord

The "Rumor has it that a __ leader has gained the __ trait" message pops up even if you decline the trait.

2. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

As has been said before, there's not much to be done about that short of DLL work, for relatively little gain.

The text comes from the event itself, not the event choice. Why do you think it says Rumor? ;)

3. Fafnir13

Fafnir13 King

Why not just remove the text? I don't think its really of any tactical importance.

4. Brokenbone

Brokenbone Prince

Fun module, thanks for the work. Potential bugs now, I have scanned the first post so I won't report anything from there, but I did not aggressively go through the other several pages. I've only played one significant game so far, with the Emergent Hippus leader, Illiridan (or some similar name). Basically due to having the Trader trait, and me wishing to give the House G_ thing a go.

(1) House G's support seemed to go up in significant ways (maybe 500) any time I upgraded an Adept to a Mage. I wondered if that might be a mechanic meant for one of the more "magey" looking Houses, maybe House C_? Anyhow, it was surprising.

(2) I was unclear on how to use the "Wandering Inn of House G_" for anything other than spreading the House. The trade mission type of function, which had the icon and description for Sanctify, didn't seem to become eligible when visiting other cities, either of my own or of other nations, with or without House G_ presence or access to House G_ resources present.

(3) The House G_ Enclave was a bit confusing to have eligibility for. I thought I had to build 4 Inns, then I could have it. It looked more like I had to have a hand full of cities with House G_... and then I could build an Enclave. Then later, other cities got the choice to do an Enclave, possibly because I had lots more House G_ cities. Mind you, I had a huge empire and everywhere I had House G_, so maybe it was something like "one enclave for every four cities you penetrated", beats me, maybe not a bug and more a misunderstanding of the threads about how this House works.

(4) The Ngoleme Council Tree appeared as a buildable wonder whenever I got the appropriate tech, which I think was Feral Bond. I didn't even notice the Ngoleme of LENA being incorporated within Wild Mana, maybe a loose end of imported code in the mix somehow.

5. Brokenbone

Brokenbone Prince

Forgot one item,

(5) The Illiridan (sp?) leader started with Trader and Emergent. I did something or other, possibly it was building the Bone Palace, and was offered the Ingenuity trait, which I accepted. It may possibly have been the same turn, or if not, it was really, really soon after, that I either discovered a religion or built my first bit of the Altar, darned if I know what I did, but I got a popup about getting the Spiritual Trait, and getting rid of the Minor trait. I accepted it because I'm a scoundrel, but I am pretty sure I never had the Minor trait... I had Emergent, which is different. I don't know if maybe the progression was:
    Trader, Emergent
    Trader, Ingenuity, Minor
    Trader, Ingenuity, Spiritual

or

Trader, Emergent
    Trader, Ingenuity
    Trader, Ingenuity, Spiritual (i.e., nothing being "replaced" from above).

Anyhow, I do not have a save which goes back that far, but it sort of felt like I was "double dipping" on extra traits, I really do think it all took place during the same turn which might've fooled the game, don't know. Maybe however Emergent transforms into Minor and the Minor is capable of replacement, really don't know what happened, ought have paid better attention.

6. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

Ingenuity is one of two 'free' traits Emergent leaders may take, the other being Magic Resistant (or whatever it's called).

You get Ingenuity from a Golden Age, the other from the second level of the Altar of Luonnotar.

7. Jenaelha

Jenaelha fields of Elanor

v 7.20 Hotfix4 the pedia for Effect - Young Kocrachon is blank and has pink square image.

8. Brokenbone

Brokenbone Prince

Perfect explanation, thanks! Bone Palace GA = "free" Ingenuity, some other religious type event must've triggered the Spiritual business.

9. Y T

Y T Kourier

A few Mazatl issues:

-Standard Settler gfx
    -Standard unit icons
    -able to build trails before Exploration
    I think that ever was the case, I used to play them a lot over a yr ago with FF, before the devs decided to implement that ridiculous worker mod.
    However the trails dont connect with each other, just the same standard gfx for each single tile.

Suggestion for the city gfx:
    Fall back to the barb jungle/ruins (Incastyle) gfx, I see more flavour there then the elven cityset, though Im sure its just a placeholder for now.

Another thing:
    Im playing with the passive training gameoption on & shouldnt the palace give a bit XP ?! Im sure I didnt get any for the 1st 100 turns (epic) I just played.

So far keep up the good work, I only started to play WildMana recently since I normally stick to Flavour FFH. I like your concept of not adding to much & streamlining & perfecting more as described in "The Legacy & Future of WildMana". And the Mazatl are just filling in the missing jungle civ link.

I could well live without the BUG components, most things are annoying anyway, cramping up the screen or using up ressources. For me personally the BUG buttons at the bottom are to much already.^^
    (Btw I think they got a bit misplaced from 7.11 to 7.2 at a 1024x768 resolution.)

Speaking of the last issue I have, dunno if thats a BUG component too, but Im surely not the only one experiencing it:
    The "Avoid angry/unhealthy citizens" buttons in the citymenues arent always working correctly. I saw it with Jean Elcards Flavour Mod & now with WildMana too:
    In every game now & then I get one angry citizen too much, not instantly, seems more like e.g. whenever a worker is assigned to get a new happy ressource the city already advances ahead.

10. Zifnab

Zifnab Warlord

I tried to enter the ring of carcer to capture Brigid with a level 20 Mimic. I stole the magic immune promotion, but did not get Brigid.

11. Saltiana

Saltiana Chieftain

Crash to desktop at the end of the turn whatever I do.

just finish the turn and watch the CTD.

(Last version of wildmana with the hotfix)

Attached Files:

12. xalien

xalien Prince

"Treasure chest destroyed by lightning damage" - damn stupid dragons.

"Worker killed by cold damage". Right, so for whatever reason there is no damage cap.

13. Sephi

Sephi Deity

I checked it, no crash for me.

14. Saltiana

Saltiana Chieftain

@Sephi : I rechecked it and it doesn't crash if you don't move the scout.

To reproduce the bug, just move the scout NW then SW (into the forest tile next to the wildmana node), the squel will kill it and it crash just after.

15. Sephi

Sephi Deity

stupid bug in the BTS code (division by zero if power is 0), fixed it. to tempfix it, either make sure your scout lives long enough or worldbuilder a warrior into your capital.

16. Pazyryk

Pazyryk Deity

WoC at end of turn. This is 7.20 with hotfix (from maybe 3 days ago). In case it matters, it's Ozzy's map with a few options hacked in:

Option=GAMEOPTION_NO_ESPIONAGE
    Option=GAMEOPTION_DEADLY_WILD_MANA
    Option=GAMEOPTION_AGE_OF_THE_DRAGONS
    Option=GAMEOPTION_RANGED_WARFARE
    Option=GAMEOPTION_INFLUENCE_DRIVEN_WAR
    Option=GAMEOPTION_NO_TECH_BROKERING

(I didn't remove the invisible "no espionage" option)

17. saathei

saathei Warlord

Oops, didn't realize the "rumor" thing had already been addressed.

Could you make it so reading a spellbook isn't considered "casting a spell" for the Amurite's world spell? I was running around collecitng them, and I had to spend 20 turns just sitting on my butt because I already had an Alteration spellbook promotion. :(

Something seems to be a bit screwy with the Arcane Mastery promotions - Os-Gabella's level 18 and can't take Mind & Spirit or Earth & Air, despite having the prerequisite spells.

Force & Creation nodes don't seems to be functioning quite right. They both spawned with a stack of Djinns, but the mana guardians didn't have any promotions or a spellbook. :(

18. Brokenbone

Brokenbone Prince

I am unsure if this is a bug or WAD, but if you have Nox Noctis, I see there's some FF-like elements of being able to "expose" units within your borders, but there is no way to "hide" again.

Additionally, there isn't a very good way to tell who you exposed or not, as no promotion pictures (or whatever you call things like little stars and crosses and whatever) help you identify who's exposed and who is still hidden. I guess the only "hint" in that case is by picking units, and seeing who is UNABLE to cast the expose self spell, it must mean you've already cast it.

Again, entirely possible the idea of not being able to hide, unhide, hide, unhide was on purpose, but the lack of information at a summary level (little pictures to say hidden or exposed) is something I guess might've been an accident.

19. Tascani

Tascani Chieftain

yes.

Genesis Ritual removes all Ancient Forests and Jungle.
    Improvements are fine so far.

This is reproducable.
    Savegame attached.

You can finish the Genesis Ritual in the town of "Idris" which is the most northern Svartalfar town to reproduce the error.

Attached Files:

20. Secret_Squirrel

Secret_Squirrel Chieftain

Had the chance for a few games since the new version, here's what I have found so far:

- No unhappiness or unhealth indicator symbols above city bars on the main map screen.
    - As Illians I was able to demand a city from the Khazad in return for peace, this resulted in me gaining a city with a Dwarven Vault and the Killmorph temple there previously turned into a Temple of the Hand without terraforming the surrounding tiles to ice.
    - Mimics which steal vampirism cannot feed in cities.
    - Animals can capture cities (didn't see it, it happened to the AI)
    - Barbs almost always gain a great commander at some point and use him to gain a golden age.
    - Oasis have been popping up in odd places, sometimes over resources (grassland, hills, riverside wine oasis!?)
    - Ranged attack causing OOS in multiplayer, the only game we have managed to continue past turn 200 (Normal Speed) with the latest version is without the ranged attack option. OOS errors were not very common before this addition. We did experience some OOS errors in the previous patch when using the Houses of Erebus option (notably the Balseraph player spreading the house available at Drama, OOS for 2 turns after spreading every time). We now play with this option disabled too so I wouldn't know if the latter has already been fixed.
    - Pirates, although potentially not as dangerous as in the previous version, can still be overwhelming:

Spoiler :