Will religion ever die out?

As an atheist if I ever get elected into office I will do all of the following immediately:

1. Ban religion
2. Open re-education camps and fill them religious people to convert them into Atheism the one true belief
3. I would then purge the government and military of all religious people and replace them all with Atheists. They would mostly be shot or sent to camps.
4. Then I would burn all religious buildings, and destroy all religious institutions. I would mandate Atheism to be the new state religion.
5. To better root out religious people I would create an inquisition to find them.
6. I would also deny civil and human rights to religious people. They wouldn't be protected by law or have any rights.
7. I would make a law requiring all religious people to be killed on sight.
8. I would codify Atheist beliefs in some sort of book and require everyone to have it and read it. Our laws would then be made to conform to this Atheist book. Maybe I will use the God Delusion.
9. I would forbid anyone from speaking or writing about religion or even saying the word.
10. Once the country is purely Atheist and purged of the religious, I would launch a crusade to spread Atheism to other countries and destroy their religions so as the spread the one true belief.

I feel that Darwin is guiding me and speaking through me.

I hope I have all of your votes.
Not only do you have my support, I vow to fly a blimp into the White House if you do not succeed.

Darwin is Great!

As an atheist if I ever get elected into office I will do all of the following immediately:

1. Ban religion
2. Open re-education camps and fill them religious people to convert them into Atheism the one true belief
3. I would then purge the government and military of all religious people and replace them all with Atheists. They would mostly be shot or sent to camps.
4. Then I would burn all religious buildings, and destroy all religious institutions. I would mandate Atheism to be the new state religion.
5. To better root out religious people I would create an inquisition to find them.
6. I would also deny civil and human rights to religious people. They wouldn't be protected by law or have any rights.
8. I would codify Atheist beliefs in some sort of book and require everyone to have it and read it. Our laws would then be made to conform to this Atheist book. Maybe I will use the God Delusion.
9. I would forbid anyone from speaking or writing about religion or even saying the word.
10. Once the country is purely Atheist and purged of the religious, I would launch a crusade to spread Atheism to other countries and destroy their religions so as the spread the one true belief.

All I can say is, welcome to USSR. They tried that and they failed miserably.

It was an attempt at an utopia that brought in a dystopia.

i dont expect you to know too much about the history of religion in the soviet union, but
you do remember moses, the raven, from animal farm, do you?

the churches came to terms with the new regime just as they did with the old one.

worthless for what?

eternal salvation? :lol:

they did what they always do, trade their control over the masses for a share of the power.
there is no difference between the russian orthodox church under the tsar and under stalin.

1. Ban religion

You are indeed truly wise. However might I also suggest that you require everyone to kneel in the direction of Shrewsbury five times a day, so that in their devotion to great Darwin their children may be born with advantageous genetic mutations.

If I was ever in the position of a Prime Minister, President, or leader of a country of any kind, I would ban the wearing of silly hats for religious purposes.

if power corrupts.... you would probally ban ALL siily hats

Top Bottom