Woot, good luck guys!

He did ask a relevant question. Though, I think they should have a separate rule banning thread necromancy :D

He did ask a relevant question. Though, I think they should have a separate rule banning thread necromancy :D

All this aside - we can't create our own sub-forums, so it'd need to be requested. If enough people want one (especially looking at the major-modmodmods such as FF+ and Fall Flat), then I'd suggest dropping Thunderfall a message to see if it can be done. I'd be happy to have one in here and FF modding is different enough to FfH modding these days to warrant it (the DLL/XML are dramatically different in places, so the normal FfH modding forum isn't really appropriate, plus about 50% of posts in this forum are to do with mods beyond the basic FF mod).

Pssst, Warkirby, I like to quote rules too to those who break them.
Don't be so harsh to me though, it was 10 AM after a night without sleep and I was drunk in the morning, thus I admit that I was acting silly.
I just took the thread because I wanted to look at the oldest threads and to find one which can be discussed. So no need to bash me and let it die again. Don't cast "destroy undead" on me please :).

P.S. Also I think that at some point FF modmod would require some subforums, probably one for suggestions and their development.

P.P.S.
Spoiler :

Aye, I noticed the other day that FF+ is over 1,000 posts, which was the landmark that hit both FF and Orbis into the ballpark of a private subforum. Though I dread having ANOTHER subforum to track :p

Wait, it has? How did I miss that haha.

Obviously, I'd love a modmods forum. The FfH forum doesn't work, because nearly half of what I've done requires your schema :lol:. I don't think there's a need for an FFPlus forum, but would like it to be stickied in a modmod forum haha.

Aye, I noticed the other day that FF+ is over 1,000 posts, which was the landmark that hit both FF and Orbis into the ballpark of a private subforum. Though I dread having ANOTHER subforum to track :p

It's actually at considerably more than that, because of the secondary threads that have sprung up like Minor Leaders or that discussion about Bannor tweaks.

I'm not really fond of having a subforum of a subforum.

I think, perhaps FF has reached the point where it deserves it's own category in the project and mod development section. Alongside, not within, the FFH forum. It's a lot more active than quite a few things in there *cough*starwarsmod*cough*

I'm not really fond of having a subforum of a subforum.

I think, perhaps FF has reached the point where it deserves it's own category in the project and mod development section. Alongside, not within, the FFH forum. It's a lot more active than quite a few things in there *cough*starwarsmod*cough*
I don't think the organizational structure should be based on activity, that's not what organization is there for. It's there to make thing easier to find by representing their relationships to each other.
FF should stay beneath FFH (and FF+, if it were to have a subforum, should be below FF) because one requires the other. Unless FF becomes a wholly separate project, it should stay as a subforum of the thing it requires.

Also, "project and mod development" is already itself a subforum of a subforum.

That's the thing, FF doesn't require FFH. Art is the only thing that's needed, but we could easily make a "Media Pack" of the FFH art to download for those who haven't got FFH, or even include it in the main FF FPK

FF has it's own DLL, python, etc. And f FFH died tomorrow, FF could still continue because there are almost no dependancies, and those are easily solved.

That's the thing, FF doesn't require FFH. Art is the only thing that's needed, but we could easily make a "Media Pack" of the FFH art to download for those who haven't got FFH, or even include it in the main FF FPK

FF has it's own DLL, python, etc. And f FFH died tomorrow, FF could still continue because there are almost no dependancies, and those are easily solved.
Then solve them, and your point stands. But the installation instructions for FF still say
1. Install Fall from Heaven 2.
and while that is the case, it's an FFH2 modmod.

I would love to see what you're talking about happen, as it would get rid of a lot of the compatibility issues people have been having, as well as hopefully cut down on FF discussion bleeding into the main FFH forum.

Honestly, even if FF doesn't *require* FfH, it is still built off of it. It has the same civilizations, the same basic setup. It should always be located under FfH due to that.

Again, a modmod forum would be nice. Would be no more nested than the Orbis forum... Although again, I actually don't want an FFPlus forum. Haven't changed enough to warrant that in my mind, and that actually DOES seem a bit awkward to me. :lol: How far down is that particular rabbit hole going to go? :eek:

So far that long ago I decided that the most names I would use for a mod would be ended at modmod. It just doesn't go further than that for the sake of my sanity.

Top Bottom