1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

World Wonder Elimination Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by HoorayForSiam, May 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BarbarianHunter

BarbarianHunter King

Colosseum - 25 (24+1) --- Once complete it offers so much, so early.
    Pyramids - 5 (8-3) --- Feudalism mitigates the value, post R&F Liang and monumentality golden age put it in the sarcophagus.

2. Forster

Forster Prince

Colosseum 25-3= 22 These are both my favorite, but the pyramids come really early a keep on giving the whole game.
    Pyramids 5+1= 6 See colosseum.

3. Temppu

Temppu Warlord

Colosseum 22-3= 19
    Pyramids 6+1=7

Colosseum has somewhat stronger bonuses, but requires EC+Arena so it has much higher cost. Pyramids is much better in terms of return on the amount of Production invested.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  4. Kimiimaro

Kimiimaro King

This will be very close, and my bet is that Colosseum will win, but for me, the more useful wonder and a must in every game for me will always be the Pyramids :egypt:

Colosseum 19-3=16 - Great bonuses, but it forces me to waste a district slot with something I usually build in late game. It means it costs even more production. It demands you to plan ahead to gain maximum effects from it. It also has limited range, so if you have wide empire, you won't enjoy its bonuses in the whole country.
    Pyramids 7+1=8 - Liang works for only one city. If you have a huge empire, you'll either have to move her or the builders to all corners of your empire to use her bonus charge. This, on the other hand, will provide its effect for your entire empire, no matter how many cities you have. The deserts have never been rare in my games. I've always had some near my empire. And I've got an advice for all those who claim that you don't always get desert next to you - move your settler or build another one while you're researching masonry ;). It comes in the ancient era, an era sooner than Colosseum and two eras sooner than Serfdom. Also, it doesn't demand me to plan ahead to gain max effects from it, and it doesn't demand me to waste a single cog on something I don't usually build that early.

5. Republic of San Montuoso

Republic of San Montuoso King

Colosseum - 16 (19-3) --- I always managed quite easily to keep my citizens happy and my culture high. The Colosseum is, for me, a waste of space. Usually, the Entertainment Complex is enough for me, and once I built it, I don't need extra happiness. And the culture boost is... meh, for me.
    Pyramids - 9 (8+1) --- My favourite civ is China, because I'm a wonder fanatic. But I was used to the extra builder charge, so the Pyramids is for me a no-nogo. Placed on a piece of land I was not planning to use? Check. Available early with few requirements? Check. Easy to built? Check. The extra builder charge is for me, sometimes, the game changer is tied situation. It's what can make the differend between exploiting both all your resources and build extra improvments without wasting time and hammers on builders that will become more expensive as time pass. So, for me, Pyramids for the win.

6. Kwami

Kwami Deity

I think Colosseum should be 13 after the last vote.

Colosseum - 13
    Pyramids - 9

7. Maquis

Maquis King

Colosseum - 13-3 = 10 (Limited range puts it at #2)

Pyramids - 9+1 = 10 (You get 8 build charges when it's built plus an extra charge for every builder anywhere thereafter. Never becomes irrelevant.)

Wow, we're at a tie! :crazyeye:

8. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

Tie broken... for.. :egypt:

Colosseum 7 (( As requested by RostyK below... Amenities are better controlled "progressively" ))
    Pyramids 11 (( Multiple extra charges throughout the entire game! ))

9. Rosty K

Rosty K King

Do votes without justification count? I'll take the previous post into account here, correct me if I shouldn't. Back to the tie anyway.

Colosseum - 8 (7 + 1) - It's easier to quickly get a builder, than to quickly fix the lack of amenities.

Pyramids - 8 (11 - 3) - See Colosseum.

I still think Forbidden Palace is better than these two.

10. Archon_Wing

Archon_Wing Vote for me or die

Colosseum - 9 Still a good choice in almost every game
    Pyramids- 5 A wonder that can't always be built shouldn't be the best wonder

11. kaspergm

kaspergm Deity

Colosseum 6 (9-3) ... I may be undervaluing it, but this is far from #1 from me.
    Pyramids 6 (5+1) ... The better of the two imo.

eleven11 likes this.
  12. Nigel_Tufnel2

Nigel_Tufnel2 King

Colosseum 7 (6+1) Always try to get this one, mega culture and amenities [edit - in my current Deity game, Peter built it on T90!]
    Pyramids 3 (6-3) ... Tough to downvote, but only one can remain. Finish him!

13. MrRadar

MrRadar Emperor

Colosseum 8 (7+1) ... Both are good, but this is better, if only because a lot of it's value depends on the player's placement choice.
    Pyramids 0 (3-3) ... .Luck factor of having a desert involved. Boo! Eliminated

14. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

Are we now locked and finalized?

15. grant2004

grant2004 Citizen

For the record there was a math error on the last page. Eleven11 voted down the Colosseum but it got missed. Fortunately it doesn't change the outcome. But the final score is a little tighter 5-0. Glad the Colosseum pulled it out.

16. eleven11

eleven11 Warlord

It's cool - they are both top in my book

17. Icicle

Icicle Prince

I think this is correct. :king:

Top Tier
    1. Colosseum :trophy:
    2. Pyramids :trophy2nd:
    3. Forbidden City :trophy3rd:
    4. Temple of Artemis :trophy2:
    5. Big Ben :trophy2:
    6. Oracle
    7. Casa de Contratación
    8. Eiffel Tower
    9. Oxford University
    10. Cristo Redentor
    11. Mausoleum at Halicarnassus
    12. Kilwa Kisiwani
    13. Potala Palace
    14. Great Zimbabwe
    15. Ruhr Valley

Medium Tier
    16. St. Basil’s Cathedral
    17. Terracotta Army
    18. Alhambra
    19. Hagia Sophia
    20. Apadana
    21. Venetian Arsenal
    22. Bolshoi Theatre
    23. Jebel Barkal
    24. Petra
    25. Huey Teocalli
    26. Colossus
    27. Angkor Wat
    28. Great Lighthouse
    29. Broadway

Bottom Tier
    30. Estádio de Maracanã
    31. Mont St. Michel
    32. Hanging Gardens
    33. Hermitage
    34. Kotoku-in
    35. Amundsen-Scott Research Station
    36. Taj Mahal
    37. Sydney Opera House
    38. Mahabodhi Temple
    39. Great Library
    40. Stonehenge
    41. Chichen Itza
    42. Statue of Liberty

18. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

@Icicle, and anyone else interested or curious about such a "Guide" thingy.. two pages back was the fourth version of my ODS spreadsheet "Wonders-Racing".

Here's the very nearly final file of mostly personal opinion(s) and extra details about numerous factors (XML, Online Pedias, Agendas, Bias, Victory types, etc) involved in competing with AI & still getting the essential references... Enjoy!

Attached Files:

19. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.