World Wonder Elimination Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Ben - 14 (13+1). Because it was tied for last.
Colosseum - 30 (33-3). Because its in the lead
Forbidden City - 28
Pyramids - 20
Temple of Artemis - 13
I've had valid votes every other time I've voted. Tonight I'm just feeling silly.

New
Big Ben - 11=14-3 comes the latest in the remainders, which means it might not be built throughout the game
Colosseum - 30
Forbidden City - 28
Pyramids - 21=20+1 1: comes early 2: have a large instant bonus upon built, which will begin snowball much earlier.
Temple of Artemis - 13

Big Ben - 11 - 3 = 8 (Fifth place seems about right - I think its value is diminished in R&F due to emergencies and ramp up in great people cost)
Colosseum - 30
Forbidden City - 28
Pyramids - 21 + 1 = 22 (I think people are underestimating the power of extra builder charges in the ancient age - certainly beats later policy slots IMO)
Temple of Artemis - 13

Big Ben - 8
Colosseum - 30 - 3 = 27 (Not feeling so excited about this one at the moment)
Forbidden City - 28 + 1 = 29 (That extra wild card space is so nice!)
Pyramids - 22
Temple of Artemis - 13

Big Ben - 8 - 3 = 5 (Though obviously powerful, it's the wonder I build least out of those left)
Colosseum - 27
Forbidden City - 29 + 1 = 30 (Probably the one that I build the most, though Colosseum runs it close. Wildcard policy is just so useful around the time this one drops)
Pyramids - 22
Temple of Artemis - 13

Big Ben - 2 (5-3): Its very good, but comes the latest so impact is the least in my opinion
Colosseum - 28 (27+1): This is the clear winner; doesn't come too early to have a big opportunity cost, but comes fairly early
Forbidden City - 30
Pyramids - 22
Temple of Artemis - 13

Big Ben - 2
Colosseum - 28
Forbidden City - 30
Pyramids - 23 (22+1) The extra charge does add up to a lot over the course of the game. And yes, there are policies that do the same, but this is constant for the entire game and means you can either use that policy slot for something else or get even more charges.
Temple of Artemis - 10 (13-3) Good, but not a top 3 wonder. A few extra amenities, the number depending on your map, is nice, but not quite as game-changing as others.

For what it's worth, I have to downvote Forbidden City just because I think it's rather hilarious that it ranks higher than Big Ben, when the only real advantage FC has over BB is that it comes an era earlier (which is certainly an advantage, but hardly seems to outweigh the gold yield from BB). One can definitely debate whether these wonders are stronger than Pyramids/Colosseum/Temple Of Artemis (I'd say yes, but acknowledge that it's not a given), but I think BB is strictly better than FC.

Big Ben - 3 (2+1)
Colosseum - 28
Forbidden City - 27 (30-3)
Pyramids - 23
Temple of Artemis - 10

Big Ben - 0 (3 - 3) Comes later than the others, which limits its overall value.
Colosseum - 28
Forbidden City - 27
Pyramids - 24 (23 + 1) Good for just about any game and an early +1 to builder charges more than pays for itself.
Temple of Artemis - 10

Colosseum - 25 (28-3) - Must sink several hundred production into Entertainment and Arena just for the option to build it. Well, I don't wanna build an Entertainment district this early. It's good way to derail a city for 15 turns even with a few chops tossed in.
Forbidden City - 27
Pyramids - 25 - I haven't voted for this yet because it didn't need any help. Now it does. It would be good to get without the free 4 charge builder. With the free builder it's amazing.
Temple of Artemis - 10

Colosseum - 26 (25+1) The effect is super explosive in extreme cases: 24 culture plus 24 amenities for 6 range! Core wonder for SV. Also can be finished by chop very early, very good to cooperate spamming cities.
Forbidden City - 27
Pyramids - 25
Temple of Artemis - 7 (10-3) Too early amenity doesn't make much sense, we often trade early luxuries for gold right? Food is also of low value in civ6. So this wonder has no ability to be the core of a strategy, just provides small assists. It is not worth to spend early resources/time on it. Maybe 2 settlers are better.

Last edited:
Colosseum - 27 = 26 + 1. I haven't voted for this yet but it is probably the best one. It's incredibly powerful, comes early enough to be useful but not too early so that it has a huge opportunity cost, is easy to get, and is useful for all victory types.
Forbidden City - 27
Pyramids - 25
Temple of Artemis - 4 = 7 - 3. Its good but it comes very early which means it is risky to build while the AI still has a huge advantage and if you try to build it but fail that is a huge setback.

Colosseum - 27
Forbidden City - 27
Pyramids - 26 (+1) My favourite of those left. Effects all game. Builder charges are always useful
Temple of Artemis - 1 (-3. Situational and hard to beat AI for it)

Colosseum – 28 (27+1) --- A must for early culture boost and gold. If you beeline to Games and Entertainment after Political Philosophy, you can almost always build it.
Forbidden City - 27
Pyramids – 26
Temple of Artemis – ELIMINATED. While I love the wonder, so does the AI.

Colosseum – 28-3=25 - Great benefits, but high demands, too. It requires me to waste production and district space on something I build in later eras.
Forbidden City - 27
Pyramids – 26+1=27 - I've never had problems with building it. Desert starting bias? Not necessary. Moving your settler/building another one will do the trick ;) Out of these three, it comes earliest, it needs low amount of production and it has simple placement requirements.

Woke up to.. some tight three-way battle to end this wild thread!

Colosseum - 22 (25-3) Matter of luck or even good enough planning of the "Grid" to receive (worthy) optimal values but.. at somewhat high opportunity costs.
Forbidden City - 27
Pyramids - 28 (27+1) Good global and lengthy effect that brings faster city development(s) all the way through the end.

Colosseum - 23 (22+1) Even a minimal 3 city Colosseum has much immediate benefits.
Forbidden City - 24 (27-3) It's great, but it's not that essential as there aren't that many groundbreaking cards at that point
Pyramids - 28

Colosseum - 23
Forbidden City - 24-3 = 21 (just can't quite call it one of the top 2)
Pyramids - 28 + 1 = 29 (Good implementation of one of the TRUE Wonders of the World)

Colosseum - 23
Forbidden City - 22 (21 + 1) - You don't get an extra wildcard policy from anywhere else, except if you are Greece. So, this is a real Wonder (maybe even the only one in the game) - gives something really unique.
Pyramids - 26 (29 - 3) - Liang + policies let one live comfortably without Pyramids. Also need desert.

Colosseum - 23+1=24. Yes, you do have to plan ahead more with this one to get the most value out of it, but that's a feature, not a bug. I'd rather have the amenities, culture, warmongering, extra tile production from larger cities, extra science from more population that this provides dozens of turns earlier than FC.
Forbidden City - 22-3= 19. It does provide a unique benefit and is easy to place. However, its much later than the others and at its best you're running your fifth, or sixth best available card in the new slot. That's great, but as impactful as the other two.
Pyramids - 26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom