• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Worst Cartoon Character Ever

settlervstank

Chieftain
Who do you think the worst cartoon character is?

I think it's Aku from Samurai Jack. Do you know why? Here's why:

Has anyone here watched Samurai Jack? Then you'll know who Aku is. He's apparently this evil shape-shifting,time traveling wizard made out of pure evil, who rules the world in the future and sent the mentioned Samurai, who's called "Jack," which is not is real name, from Feudal Japan to the said future. How many people watched the show with their kids? Or, more importantly, how many people were kids when this show came out? Now, how many people here were around 4 years old when this show came out? I was.

Aku scared me. In fact, he gave me nightmares. Not just for days, weeks, or months. For years. I avoided the show and he still gave me nightmares. In fact, I only watched it once or twice, around the time when I was 4. In pretty much every nightmare I had, he was in it.

Early on, Aku didn't come from under the bed or the closet. He usually somehow transformed my ceiling fan into some kind of portal, which today I would describe as something resembling a ancient Central American calendar. Then he occasionally hid in a dark room, and would try to pull me in with an invisible force. Eventually, this became his main method. Well, anyway, most of the time, the only way to defeat Aku was to yell, "Go away!" or I'm not scared of you!" Sounds easy? Try doing that when it's near impossible to say anything, because that's what always happened. However, one time he was in a trashcan and defeated him by turning it over. I never really knew what he was trying to do until in one dream, I went far enough without saying the words to defeat him to find out he was trying to eat me. I'm not really sure how much he pops up anymore because I don't really remember my dreams that often.

That's what I think. What's your opinion?

It doesn't have to be scary or disturbing, y'know. You can just post about an annoying character.

If you want an annoying cartoon character I'd suggest Scrappy-doo, who briefly ruined Scooby-doo some years ago.

If you want an annoying cartoon character I'd suggest Scrappy-doo, who briefly ruined Scooby-doo some years ago.

So I heard. In fact, TV Tropes has a page about The Scrappy trope. It's about annoying characters like Scrappy.

Okay, this is a good start. One character that frightens small children and will give them nightmares for years, and one that's annoying. Who will the next rant be about?

I'm going to have to say Pepé Le Pew. I feel extremely uncomfortable whenever I see him, because he's some kind of French animal rapist that's presented as comic relief. Even if you can get beyond that, nothing I've ever seen him in as been entertaining in the slightest.

Joe Camel.

Joe Camel.

Not the type of cartoon character I had in mind, but good point. At one time more kids recognized him than Mickey Mouse. Good thing they put a stop to it, because I believe Mario is more popular now.

Sonic sucks. He's boring, is in a terrible game, and has a buddy that never helps you.

Captain Planet springs to mind. Luckily he only would appear at the end of each episode to thwart villains whose only goal was to destroy the environment just for the sake of destroying the enviroment.

Captain Planet springs to mind. Luckily he only would appear at the end of each episode to thwart villains whose only goal was to destroy the environment just for the sake of destroying the enviroment.

Good point about Captain Planet. Why were those rings put in the hands of kids anyway?

Sonic sucks. He's boring, is in a terrible game, and has a buddy that never helps you.

[offtopic]

Sorry, this is about cartoon characters. If you want to rant about Sonic, do it in the "other games" section of the forum.

Hope I didn't offend you. :D

Sonic had a least 3 western animated series and one anime- at least that I'm aware of. Mario also had 3 western cartoons and an anime- but the anime came first or second. But Sonic was a video game first and foremost.

So you admit he was a cartoon character then? Thanks for playing little boy.

Moderator Action: Infracted for trolling.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

I think we can all agree on Sonic.

Top Bottom