• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Worst Cartoon Character Ever

I hate spongebob squarepants and the whole ****** cast of underwater loons. Cept for maybe the squirrel.

Now that you have said that, I cannot let you live.

*loads shotgun*.

:p

Now that you have said that, I cannot let you live.

*loads shotgun*.

:p

Bring it on Brit.

*fires warning shot with assault rifle

So you admit he was a cartoon character then? Thanks for playing little boy.

Yes, but he started out as a video game. We are discussing cartoons here. But the cartoons were a little childish, especially The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. The voice acting was weird. I'm not sure why they made Robotnik say "Snooping as usual" they way he did. It's so unnatural.

Tinky-Winky. He's the purple guy on Teletubbies. He's a bad role model for toddlers. (Search Tinky-Winky teletubby and click on wikipedia - you'll find something about him)

He's not a cartoon character, and I don't see how he's a bad role model or indeed a role model of any kind.

He's not a cartoon character, and I don't see how he's a bad role model or indeed a role model of any kind.

He wears a European carry all. Very damaging for tender, gender insecure, North American souls.

For me it's Maleficent, from Sleeping Beaty. My god what a dragon.

If you want an annoying cartoon character I'd suggest Scrappy-doo, who briefly ruined Scooby-doo some years ago.

It is for this reason that TV Tropes calls a character who is either loved or hated by each individual person "the Scrappy." Case in point: Shadow the hedgehog.

Sonic sucks. He's boring, is in a terrible game, and has a buddy that never helps you.

1. It depends on which version of the character you find; he changes a lot depending on medium. He can be the nicest guy ever, or a total jerk. Generally is somewhere in the middle.
2. Sonic the Hedgehog is fetished by tons of gamers, especially the older ones who can't adapt to modern games.
3. Tails actually is basically a cheap 2-player feature; he makes the game much easier if you use him. He also plays a key role in a boss; he keeps catching you before you die by falling.

Sonic had a least 3 western animated series and one anime- at least that I'm aware of. Mario also had 3 western cartoons and an anime- but the anime came first or second. But Sonic was a video game first and foremost.

Well, still a cartoon. :p

...I wasn't aware Mario had more than one cartoon... :confused:

Furthermore, Sonic had three Western cartoons, one anime series(Sonic X), and one anime movie.

I think we can all agree on Sonic.

Oh good lord... clearly you haven't seen the abomination that is Chris Thorndyke.

Tails, man, tails.

I think Chris is by far the worst. He was amplified x 10 by the horror that is 4Kids' dub of Sonic X.

But the cartoons were a little childish, especially The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. The voice acting was weird. I'm not sure why they made Robotnik say "Snooping as usual" they way he did. It's so unnatural.

Well Adventures was purposely childish; it was meant to be the insane cartoon for kids. Whereas the Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon was darker, more serious, and more inventive with its plot - the bad guy starts out ruling the world for once! Robotnik is far more sinister in the latter than the former, being somebody who weakens your bowels rather than somebody who you laugh at.

Jaleel White's Sonic voice is a case of the Scrappy on its own: you either <3 it or wanna crush it. Jim Cummings does an awesome job as Robotnik, however. Long John Baldry was just... weird as Robotnik.

Also, for horrible voice acting, watch Sonic the Movie sometime. It will make you :cry:!

---

On-topic:

Most annoying - The Award goes to Chris Thorndyke. Unnecessary character that cuts in on Tails' forbidden lovefriendship with Sonic.

Most scary - I can't really think of any particularly scary villain, though SatAM Robotnik certainly takes the cake on being the most menacing of all the versions.

Most fail - Shadow the Hedgehog *gasp* in English Sonic X. I bought the SA2 adaption because I really wanted to see him. Boy was I disappointed... his voice is HORRIBLE compared to the one he had in his debut game. That and he just doesn't make any sense: why would you want to BLOW UP THE EARTH because your friend was imprisoned? At least the game version seeing her die before his very eyes made sense. His voice makes him sound either like he's about to cut you or cut himself. That and he makes awkward pauses when he uses Chaos Spear and that always caused me to :huh:.

Also, I'd add that the character described in the OP sounds like one of the best cartoon characters ever, if he was capable of making such an impression on a child. Sounds like a very effective villain.

Also, I'd add that the character described in the OP sounds like one of the best cartoon characters ever, if he was capable of making such an impression on a child. Sounds like a very effective villain.

Effective as Aku was, he should have never existed. Samurai Jack was aired on Cartoon Network, which is why I saw him in the first place. The network executives must have been out of their minds when they decided to let this show air. They could have least put it in a time-slot when young children would probably not see it. It should have been on a completely different channel. I later learned that Aku was voiced by the same guy the voiced Uncle Iroh form Avatar: The Last Airbender. It's a little hard to believe that the the evil wizard that haunted my dreams is the same guy as the tea loving, wise, and comical old man that traveled with his determined, scarred, nephew.

Poochie (to be fair he was designed to be the worst)

Effective as Aku was, he should have never existed. Samurai Jack was aired on Cartoon Network, which is why I saw him in the first place. The network executives must have been out of their minds when they decided to let this show air. They could have least put it in a time-slot when young children would probably not see it. It should have been on a completely different channel. I later learned that Aku was voiced by the same guy the voiced Uncle Iroh form Avatar: The Last Airbender. It's a little hard to believe that the the evil wizard that haunted my dreams is the same guy as the tea loving, wise, and comical old man that traveled with his determined, scarred, nephew.

are you kidding me Aku is no more scarier than the big bad wolf The Joker is 10x more worse than Aku

I'm sorry TF, but I'm going to have to say Sonic. Personally, I think Sega gave him one of the ugliest character designs I have seen, with that smirk, those ridiculous clothings, just his overall bearing, etc.

Ren & Stimpy are disgusting and unfunny. I've hated them my entire life.

You just reminded me of Beavis and Butthead.
That's a show I reeeeeeeeeally do not understand at all.

I'm sorry TF, but I'm going to have to say Sonic. Personally, I think Sega gave him one of the ugliest character designs I have seen,

Well, it'd take forever to sketch a realistic anthro hedgehog... and he probably would scare children. I've seen realistic renderings of Sonic and umm... wow.

with that smirk,

Well you might just find him a bit annoying with his in-your-face attitude then. But there's probably plenty of characters with the same attitude who are far more annoying. Arrogance is a common character trait.

those ridiculous clothings,

Well, clothing doesn't make much sense on a furry character since clothing exists to provide the warmth we lack due to no fur. However, the shoes make sense because he'd burn his feet raw if he ran without them. Dunno about the gloves though.

just his overall bearing, etc.

Well, he was made simple because that way he'd be able to more easily be rendered, I imagine. With modern games, more complex character designs have been created, because now they too can be rendered. I'm sure there's plenty of exceptions to that, but:

True beauty lies in simplicity and not complexity.

I know most people's beef with Sonic is either: 1. The insane plumber vs. speedster war, or 2. His arrogant demeanor.

I'm actually surprised more people have said Sonic than Shadow. Whaaaaat. I thought Shadow was considered an abomination by most people who know of Sonic? He is, after all, rated as a Scrappy, whereas Sonic is not.

Yeah I really hate that character.
I third this. I love King of the Hill, but I hate the episodes that focus on Peggy or have too much of her. She is so damned stupid and annoying it surpasses everything ever created or will be created. I think it was intentional too.

On the subject of Aku, Genndy Tartakovsky is one the best animators who ever lived. Samurai Jack, for a supposed childrens show, is on par with Avatar: The Last Airbender in quality, sophistication, writing, style, and humor. In other words one of the best television shows of the last decade.

Top Bottom