1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[WTP] Quick questions

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - We The People' started by Nightinggale, Feb 7, 2020.

1. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Prince Supporter

A xml question:

In my folder
    E:\User1\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization\MODS\WethePeople\Assets\XML\Terrain
    in file CIV4TerrainInfos.xml
    the value in the line "movement" for Peaks / Montains is only 1 just like for all other terrains. Do I look at the wrong value here? Because I would have expected all terrains to have different movement costs, with flatland < hills < peaks?

Spoiler :

- <TerrainInfo>
    <Type>TERRAIN_PEAK</Type>
    <Description>TXT_KEY_TERRAIN_PEAK</Description>
    <Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_TERRAIN_PEAK_PEDIA</Civilopedia>
    <ArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_TERRAIN_PEAK</ArtDefineTag>
    <Yields />
    <RiverYieldIncreases />
    <bWater>1</bWater>
    <bImpassable>0</bImpassable>
    <bFound>0</bFound>
    <bFoundCoast>0</bFoundCoast>
    <iMovement>1</iMovement>
    <iSeeFrom>0</iSeeFrom>
    <iSeeThrough>0</iSeeThrough>
    <iBuildModifier>0</iBuildModifier>
    <iDefense>0</iDefense>
    <Button>Art/Interface\Buttons\WorldBuilder\Terrain_Peak.dds</Button>

Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
  2. Olekman

Olekman Chieftain

Hello, I've had that Colonization itch once again and decided that instead of scratching it with my go-to TAC to instead try We The People. Is there some manual, similar to the one included with TAC, that describes all the systems and features included in the mod? The TAC's manual really helped me get into the swing of things in the beginning, so it would be great to have a file like that for WtP. I remember trying to play with RaR a couple of years ago, but it was far too much for me to digest. Considering that WtP builds upon RaR, I'll definitely need some sort of aid.

3. Vaeringjar

Vaeringjar Chieftain

where do I tweak the spawning of pirates? they're appearing way too early in my game

4. Mr. ZorG

Mr. ZorG Warlord

strange that West Indiaman cannot carry the Wagon Train. why is he worse than Galleon?
    upload_2021-1-13_0-53-2.png

5. Mr. ZorG

Mr. ZorG Warlord

and one more oddity: you can unload the Wagon Train from the Galleon in the Fort, but you cannot load it.
    upload_2021-1-13_1-51-26.png

6. SimianMusings

SimianMusings Chieftain

Question. Is there any way to limit what Player Nations are available? I'd like to eliminate the Swedes and Danes from the scenario when playing on historical maps. Neither nation actually had colonies in North America. All they do is clutter up the North American area. In fact, I'd like to eliminate them altogether.

7. Vaeringjar

Vaeringjar Chieftain

See my other reply instead of spamming the same nonsense multiple places.

8. SimianMusings

SimianMusings Chieftain

Gee, didn't realize you'd responded since it had only taken 3 years to get it, and frankly, had forgotten I'd asked earlier. Since this is only the second time I've asked the question, it hardly constitutes Spam.

Concerning the two countries.
    The Swedes had three. One in North America along the Delaware River, established in 1638, captured by the Dutch in 1655. They also had two in the Caribbean, one acquired in 1784 and sold to France in 1788. The other was only lasted from 1813-1814 when it was returned to France. The latter two fall outside the time frame of the Colonial era in North America.

Danes did have three island settled in the West Indies. Did not have any in North or South America

Based on the logic of including these, you might want to add the Chinese. There have been reports they have evidence they visited the Pacific side of North America (actually, it might be interesting to have them there since the Russians need some competition in the West.). Have played the Russians and they can, with all the gold available there, carve out a pretty impressive empire there. Granted, the Russians weren't a major colonial player in North America, but neither were the Danes or Swedes.

MIght add I don't care if the Swedes and Danes are around on non-historical maps. I'm only looking to get rid of them when playing on the historical maps. Tried to set up a custom scenario using the historical maps, but did not see anything which allowed for limiting the number of colonial powers. Will have to check again since I don't really think I've checked since the early versions of R&R. Have not done any historical stuff with "We the People" since the one time I did, it didn't work so well.

9. ConjurerDragon

The mighty Danish Empire did not have only 3 islands in the West Indies - they had 4 :viking: (and they held them until 1917 when they sold them to the USA)

Denmark controlled through their union with Norway the colonies in Iceland and Greenland. Greenland is on the north american continental shelf
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Americas

And if you like to play the danish as the norwegians or viking heritage then you might vie for Markland and Vinland, too.

Just like the spanish, the russians had inflated claims for their colony. Due to their establishment of Ft. Ross they claimed the entire westcost from Alaska down to the middle of California
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_colonization_of_the_Americas
    (just like the spanish for a while claimed the entire west coast up to Alaska).

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  10. ConjurerDragon

Trading Post question: Is the box in a natives village representing a trading post always grey?
    In my current game I can clearly see e.g. that the crosses of my missions have a distinctly different colour than the one of my french neighbour.

However the trading post box has not "my" colour (so the same that the cross of my mission has which is yellowish) but is grey.
    Spoiler :

upload_2021-1-17_17-5-42.png

Is the only way to be sure the ledger in which the trading post appears as swedish when I hover the mouse cursor over the box?
    Spoiler :

upload_2021-1-17_17-7-9.png

11. Mr. ZorG

Mr. ZorG Warlord

yes

12. davebkan

davebkan Chieftain

I am new to colonization ATP -- what a fantastic upgrade from the vanilla version.

1. Is it possible to play it in "Sandbox" mode without the Kings interference with a simple change in one of the XLM files?

2. Is there any way to set up conditions so I do NOT have to load the mod every time I start CivCol?

Thanks

13. Hibernian

Hibernian Chieftain

Maybe not as such, the game guides you towards a revolution, i.e. your people will want it at some stage, regardless of whether you want it or not.

You could play sandbox, wait for the king, open the world editor and simply delete the king's units or put ice tiles around his fleet if you don't like this battle.That way you also have a chance to change your mind later if you play a few evenings and then decide you want a war of independence after all.

I found this when troubleshooting an error I have with the vanilla game start :
    Create a shortcut to the exe file,add this to the target:
    mod="\WTP"

14. Taurus

Taurus Chieftain

15. Bobbarry51

Bobbarry51 Chieftain

First, having started my first game with WTP, I have to say WOW! You all have done an absolutely spectacular job, a very impressive project. I will try quick questions:

From the single player menu, I can select Play a Scenario, then select the RAR Americas Gigantic map (which is the map I want to play).

From the single player menu, I can select Custom Game. Here I can select which and how many AI players there will be (which is another thing I want to do).

From the Custom Scenario, I can again select the RAR Americas Gigantic map but the AI selections are all locked.

I would like to play the RAR Americas Gigantic map and select which and how many AI players there will be. Is there a way to do that?

Second question: Has the WTP nod changed the basic mechanics of combat. Would the strategies employed in Civ IV still be applicable in WTP?

Third question: Can you select the number of items to move into a wagon or ship or it is all (up to 100) or nothing?

Thank you for your time.

16. Ramstormp

Ramstormp Chieftain

I can't confidently answer the first question, but you probably have to enter world builder once the scenario begins and remove the AI players you don't want in the game.

Combat has higher withdrawal chances than vanilla CIV IV Col, so units do not often die in one turn. Can't remember what else is different.

If you hold the shift key down while dragging yields to a ship or wagon, a popup box will give you the ability to choose the amount you would like to move.

However, you cannot choose the amount of yields you would like to trade with Natives with the shift key, so if you bring 99 horses on your ship to a Native settlement you have to sell all 99 if they have the gold; and the same applies to buying from them, if they have 12 furs for sale, you either buy all 12 or nothing.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
  17. bogwart

bogwart Chieftain

WOI:
    Some of my people and ships escaped from my capital when the King's troops conquered it.
    Is this normal?

18. davebkan

davebkan Chieftain

Again probably a "new player" question not understanding the game!!
    I have a city created in savanna area. Before placing the city, the adjacent square symbols shows 4 horses but I place the city, and the number of horse resource symbols goes to one. The savanna square next ring out still shows 4 but when the city expands and incorporates the square, the number of horses shown also drops to 1 -- what am I doing wrong -- the corn and sugar symbols quantities do not change, just the horse.
    Any input appreciated, Thanks

19. lethiel

lethiel Streaming Col at https://www.twitch.tv/lethiel01

Horse, Sheep and cow production depends on the number of that type of cattle that you already have in the settlement. Drop more horses inside the settlement and the number you can produce on each title will increase.

20. davebkan

davebkan Chieftain

Thanks -- the whole "Mod" is so well constructed that I knew there had to be a logical explanation for it.